AFL media

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL media

Postby carey » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:31 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:I used to listen to sports shows constantly, I now listen to zero. Cannot stand the people on radio presently

Same. Have not listened to a radio sports show in well over a year. It's nothing but muck raking and ads.
I will listen to triplem only for the humour

Dick jokes still make you laugh?

Yes, Yes they do.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby mal » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:40 pm

mal wrote:
Booney wrote:
DoublebluTiger wrote:In daily have done an article on the latest radio ratings in general. 5AA notably putting in a pitiful effort even with AFL footy coverage. The article doesn't focus on sports programs etc but S Rowe surely has to be moved on and I could almost see them restructure their drive timeslot to not even focus on sport, with the ratings numbers they're getting.

Hardly surprising, Rowe is an idiot of the highest order who picks up the scraps of any AFL discussion and runs with it and KG and Cornes on Saturday mornings, well, who knows who the f*ck listens to that.

Rowe
Did spin a great yarn at a1997 Premiership reunion
He talked about the mark he took late in the game in the 97 Grand Final
The highest he ever got for a mark on his opponents shoulders
Rowey had this to say about that mark
" I was so high, the best thing about being so high on the way down is I could see the Port Adelaide barrackers leaving the ground." !

Clarification
That match Rowe played in was the Norwood v Port Adelaide SANFL Grand Final 1997
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:53 pm

mal wrote:
Clarification
That match Rowe played in was the Norwood v Port Adelaide SANFL Grand Final 1997

Brian Leys went home to Victoria in 1997 and cost us (another) 6 in a row.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby DOC » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:01 am

Laughable.

Veteran AFL journalist Damian Barrett has responded to sharp criticism from the Herald Sun’s chief football writer Mark Robinson.

Robinson called for him to resign as president of the Australian Football Media Association after he took part in a Sportsbet promotion video featuring a number of media figures.

“Damian Barrett, who was one of three football journalists to appear in a betting advert, should immediately resign as president of the Australian Football Media Association,” Robinson wrote.

Speaking on The Sounding Board podcast, Barrett said he would not stand down, adding that he had not been asked to.

“Sorry if I should be taking this seriously Hutchy … if someone I had a bit of time for had said that, I would listen. I’m not going to apologise for it. That’s the starting point from me,” he said.

“If the people who asked me to do the role … and others around that situation suggest to me to (stand down), we’ll have that conversation, but if that conversation is being had I’m not going to resign on it. I will stand down if they tell me I should because they’re people I respect.

“I would have thought if it was an issue with them … an issue with someone in my life, I would’ve thought I would’ve heard about it by now.”

Barrett was pressed about the long-running beef the pair share.

“I just live rent-free in his head and it’s a bit awkward,” he said.

“How’s he think that’s a ‘dislike’ out of a round of footy? Seriously.”
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:55 pm

Booney wrote:
mal wrote:
Clarification

Brian Leys went home to Victoria in 1997 and cost us (another) 6 in a row.

Nope. Norwood cost you 6 in a row. By a record margin. It was for the good of humanity...then Centrals took over ffs.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:57 pm

The 'media' now calling for a send off rule [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby am Bays » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:22 am

There's several sycophant self important f***tards in the media who are preening themselves over broke this storty first, who triggered the outcome based on their "facts" and unsubtantiated rumours.

Anybody want to play sacked coach lotto tonight?

"he's a really good person"
"Nobody likes to see a coach sacked" Robbo's paying $1.01 for this....
"He'll be remembered as someone who steered the club through a difficult time"
"It was an unenviable task"
"Noone could've done a better job with the cattle he had"
"Sadly there was no other option"
"Dark day in the clubs history"

:roll: :vom:
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:56 pm

1st time in donkeys I've seen Footy Classified.
More ads then content. And the content......

Bring back Talking Footy
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:55 pm

AFL 360 tonight - wow.
Still by far the best football show on tv.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:57 pm

So there's a doco on Travis Boak on tonight. Say what? What's he done again? Will it show all the famous finals failures and choked crucial shots over the years? You might as well have a doco on Rohan Smith or Dyson Heppell. Cripes, might as well go for Kane Cornes at least he won a flag.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:59 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:So there's a doco on Travis Boak on tonight. Say what? What's he done again? Will it show all the famous finals failures and choked crucial shots over the years? You might as well have a doco on Rohan Smith or Dyson Heppell. Cripes, might as well go for Kane Cornes at least he won a flag.

regards,

REB

Tight lines…
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:02 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:So there's a doco on Travis Boak on tonight. Say what? What's he done again? Will it show all the famous finals failures and choked crucial shots over the years? You might as well have a doco on Rohan Smith or Dyson Heppell. Cripes, might as well go for Kane Cornes at least he won a flag.

regards,

REB

Tight lines…

..and serves me right if he tears us a new one this week.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:58 pm

Well the karma bus is going to smack us now, good one REB!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:23 pm

regards,

REB

missed it but will look it up as what he has done to transform his training and form is really interesting, I know he spends a lot of time with Mick Fanning, I genuinely believe he thinks he can play another 3-4 years, whether thats good for Port is another question but I am enjoying his story.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:35 pm

regards,

REB
The Heppell doco would be riveting.
Yeah, cool bro, Shaka
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:24 am

regards,

REB

Tune in mate, you'll see his tireless work with the Childhood Cancer Association inspired by losing his Dad to cancer. The opening monologue is spoken by kids who have fought cancer or the siblings of those who have had a fight. Tune in to see what's widely regarded as the most elite preparation across the whole competition, physically and mentally, to be the best player he can be.

The documentary however is about Boak's change in mindset in 2018, instead of a complete focus on football he changed his focus to being the best human he can be first and foremost, how that has helped him maintain his on field performances after turning 30 and how that inspires those around him. There's more to life than football.

Enjoy the win on Saturday though.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:26 am

Booney wrote:

regards,

REB

Tune in mate, you'll see his tireless work with the Childhood Cancer Association inspired by losing his Dad to cancer. The opening monologue is spoken by kids who have fought cancer or the siblings of those who have had a fight. Tune in to see what's widely regarded as the most elite preparation across the whole competition, physically and mentally, to be the best player he can be.

The documentary however is about Boak's change in mindset in 2018, instead of a complete focus on football he changed his focus to being the best human he can be first and foremost, how that has helped him maintain his on field performances after turning 30 and how that inspires those around him. There's more to life than football.

I also believe his been heavily involved in assisting Ports women team.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am

Booney wrote:

regards,

REB

Well said. While your club is easy to hate, he is a ripper and hard not to like.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:11 am

Dutchy wrote:

regards,

REB

missed it but will look it up as what he has done to transform his training and form is really interesting, I know he spends a lot of time with Mick Fanning, I genuinely believe he thinks he can play another 3-4 years, whether thats good for Port is another question but I am enjoying his story.

Absolutely he can and I expect he will. In the next 2 years we'll see some of older blokes retire leaving Boak as one of the few 30+ on the list, I reckon he plays at least 3 more and pushes towards 400 games.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:17 am

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

regards,

REB

Absolutely he can and I expect he will. In the next 2 years we'll see some of older blokes retire leaving Boak as one of the few 30+ on the list, I reckon he plays at least 3 more and pushes towards 400 games.

I actually think we might see a bit more of this over the next 5-10 years. With all the technology, science and training methods those players who are willing to look after themselves to the absolute optimum will have the chance to play into the mid 30's.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL