Round 16 West vs Bays

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 16 West vs Bays

Postby stampy » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:41 pm

westies have improved this season no doubt, some of their ball movement was first class but luckily they couldnt maintain it long enough, we take the two points and after a weeks break we have 2 huge games against the chooks and redlegs
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby am Bays » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:26 pm

Westies did very well and should have confidence they’re on the right track. We’ll take the “W”!

Westies fans should have confidence in the board and the direction the club is on
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby am Bays » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:15 pm

Nothing better on TV tonight so finally watched the replay of this game

Tradesman like team performance by us. Did what we had to do without getting out of 3rd gear I thought, we’re always in control. McBean, Proud, Bailey, Snook Hosie all stood up for periods of the game. Cole keeps having a crack

Westies green shoots are evident Steen had a crack Fairlie played a role.I wish we still had “Arnie” Park

Going to have to step up this week against North as just stepping up for periods of the game in our next two, won’t cut it
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby Vamos » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:24 am

am Bays wrote:Nothing better on TV tonight so finally watched the replay of this game

Tradesman like team performance by us. Did what we had to do without getting out of 3rd gear I thought, we’re always in control. McBean, Proud, Bailey, Snook Hosie all stood up for periods of the game. Cole keeps having a crack

Westies green shoots are evident Steen had a crack Fairlie played a role.I wish we still had “Arnie” Park

Going to have to step up this week against North as just stepping up for periods of the game in our next two, won’t cut it

Deadset sicko, there's always something better on 'tv'
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 451 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby am Bays » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:33 am

Bit hard these days in this day of flat screen TVs but I could put a Bays scarf on it ‘spose.

But I’ll bite, compared to the saccharine soulless franchise based competition that seems to preoccupy the southern media, watching the Bays is always a better alternative.

I don’t expect every one “to get it”
am Bays
Coach

Postby Vamos » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:53 am

am Bays wrote:Bit hard these days in this day of flat screen TVs but I could put a Bays scarf on it ‘spose.

But I’ll bite, compared to the saccharine soulless franchise based competition that seems to preoccupy the southern media, watching the Bays is always a better alternative.

Just and always remember, you tried to be a part of it too. Not sure that Glouth rolls off the tongue too well though.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby am Bays » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:49 am

Vamos wrote:
am Bays wrote:Bit hard these days in this day of flat screen TVs but I could put a Bays scarf on it ‘spose.

Just and always remember, you tried to be a part of it too. Not sure that Glouth rolls off the tongue too well though.

I am well aware of my clubs history, I also know many Glenelg supporters that didn’t want it and that was one of the factors that led to that bid falling over quicker than it was set up.

More than happy of where we are at now as club, safe knowledge of who we are and playing in our traditional colours 8)
am Bays
Coach

Postby Vamos » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:59 am

am Bays wrote:
Vamos wrote:

I am well aware of my clubs history, I also know many Glenelg supporters that didn’t want it and that was one of the factors that led to that bid falling over quicker than it was set up.

More than happy of where we are at now as club, safe knowledge of who we are and playing in our traditional colours 8)

Don't over think it man, colours and names is kindergarten stuff, look to the roots and ye shall find.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby am Bays » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:35 pm

Vamos wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Vamos wrote:

Don't over think it man, colours and names is kindergarten stuff, look to the roots and ye shall find.

What’s Lennies got to do with it?
am Bays
Coach

Postby Spargo » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:09 pm

Vamos wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Vamos wrote:

Don't over think it man, colours and names is kindergarten stuff

Does that include the annual bitching & moaning from a certain club to wear a certain guernsey?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL