Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:17 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Vamos wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Great, now they can stop pissing and moaning

Until next year……………..

We can get our lace ups out of storage, shall we meet for a beer beforehand?

I’m not sure they’ll still fit mate ;)

"Not"

"Sure"

=)) =)) =))
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby stan » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:28 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Vamos wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:[quote="Brodlach"]Great, now they can stop pissing and moaning

Until next year……………..

"Not"

"Sure"

=)) =)) =))[/quote]I'd you are going bars then you need to go all the way and go lace ups.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby mots02 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:42 am

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Vamos wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Until next year……………..

"Not"

"Sure"

=)) =)) =))

Might need to get the sewing machine out and add a few extra bars.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby mots02 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:55 am

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Vamos wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Until next year……………..

"Not"

"Sure"

=)) =)) =))

At least the black vertical stripes are slimming, imagine being a fat fecker in a Geelong guernsey
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:30 pm

^ @@wedgie
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:19 pm

Corona Man wrote:^ @@wedgie

Yep, I only look fat in a Geelong guernsey. I look very slim normally. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:39 pm

Booney wrote:Rumours the AFL have approved the Port Adelaide Football Club request to wear the clubs famous wharf pylon / prison bar guernsey in the round 23 Showdown.

Good news, other club have celebrated their heritage this year and there's no reason the Port Adelaide Football Club shouldn't be able to do the same.

Fake news

AFL said no
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby The Bedge » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:46 pm

I don’t get the hate for Hinkley. He’s clearly trying things - and they work in patches.. but he shouldn’t wear the blame for unforced skill errors, stupid free kicks, missed shots on goal.

Here the “well pick a ruck” line for a while - honestly, the Finlayson / Dixon combo provides significantly more than Hayes did over his 7 games.

Georgiades doesn’t miss in the 3rd Qtr from 20m out - scores are level.. instead Collingwood kick next 4.

3/4 time and 3 goals down could’ve rolled over, instead gave chances to win the match. Some bad decision making going inside F50 hurt, a strong Pies defence mopped up, end up losing by a goal to a team sitting top 4 who have won 10 on the trot.

If Port were getting smacked; and the players looked disinterested or not invested then I’d question the coach.. but at the moment I don’t get it.

I also wonder how many of these passionate supporters were running around 10yrs ago when shit was bad - from memory basically only Booney attending games!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby RB » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:19 pm

The Bedge wrote:I don’t get the hate for Hinkley.

Agreed. Surely Port back him in and give him another contract.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:52 pm

RB wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I don’t get the hate for Hinkley.

Agreed. Surely Port back him in and give him another contract.

Geebus..: I hope so!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby whufc » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:34 am

The Bedge wrote:I don’t get the hate for Hinkley. He’s clearly trying things - and they work in patches.. but he shouldn’t wear the blame for unforced skill errors, stupid free kicks, missed shots on goal.

Here the “well pick a ruck” line for a while - honestly, the Finlayson / Dixon combo provides significantly more than Hayes did over his 7 games.

Georgiades doesn’t miss in the 3rd Qtr from 20m out - scores are level.. instead Collingwood kick next 4.

3/4 time and 3 goals down could’ve rolled over, instead gave chances to win the match. Some bad decision making going inside F50 hurt, a strong Pies defence mopped up, end up losing by a goal to a team sitting top 4 who have won 10 on the trot.

If Port were getting smacked; and the players looked disinterested or not invested then I’d question the coach.. but at the moment I don’t get it.

I also wonder how many of these passionate supporters were running around 10yrs ago when shit was bad - from memory basically only Booney attending games!

Tend to agree

I’m not sure whether Hinkley can get them the premiership but IMO that does not make him a bad coach, unsuccessful nor guarantee another coach will come in and do better.

I think Hinkley can be very proud of his time at the power and if the opportunity presents worthy of another AFL coaching gig.

I think Ross Lyon is in the same boat albeit with a dire style of football. He didn’t get the ultimate prize but he did improve every side he coached…that’s not an easy ask in the AFL environment
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Vamos » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:47 am

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I don’t get the hate for Hinkley. He’s clearly trying things - and they work in patches.. but he shouldn’t wear the blame for unforced skill errors, stupid free kicks, missed shots on goal.

Tend to agree

I’m not sure whether Hinkley can get them the premiership but IMO that does not make him a bad coach, unsuccessful nor guarantee another coach will come in and do better.

I think Hinkley can be very proud of his time at the power and if the opportunity presents worthy of another AFL coaching gig.

I think Ross Lyon is in the same boat albeit with a dire style of football. He didn’t get the ultimate prize but he did improve every side he coached…that’s not an easy ask in the AFL environment

Hinkley is a career coach and has done wonders for our club, we have been in the mix for much of his tenure. As far as him being a Premiership coach, that ship has well and truly sailed. 2020 will go down as our biggest failure.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby UK Fan » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:46 pm

Well said Kochy!!!! Give Hinkley an extension please.

Any truth to the rumour if port had a home final this year the afl was going to let them wear prison bars.

Such a pity if so.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:21 am

THREE-TIME All-Australian Erin Phillips has been named Port Adelaide’s inaugural AFLW captain.

Ange Foley has been elected vice-captain, while Hannah Dunn, Gemma Houghton and Justine Mules round out the leadership group.

The leadership group was determined through a playing-group vote, with the five players selected shown resounding support from their team.

“It is a huge honour to be named captain of Port Adelaide,” Phillips said.

“I feel incredibly privileged to be trusted to lead this amazing group of women, both on and off the field this season.”

Carrying on her family’s legacy, Phillips’s father Greg is a former Port Adelaide captain and Australian Football Hall of Famer, who played 343 games in black and white between 1976 and 1993.

“My dad always said to me the only thing better than playing for this club is being captain of this club and, he was right,” Phillips said.

“Telling him the news that I had been named captain was a very special and emotional moment for both of us. I’m so excited to be following in his footsteps and can’t wait to lead the team onto the ground for the first time. It will be yet another special moment for this group and for Port Adelaide.”

An experienced leader, Phillips spent four years as co-captain of the Adelaide Crows, during which time she led her side to two AFLW premierships.

Her Port captaincy is the latest addition to a long list of football accolades, including two league best and fairest titles, three premierships and two grand final best on ground medals.

Vice-captain Foley is no stranger to being Phillips’ right-hand woman, serving as part of Adelaide’s leadership group from 2017 to 2021, including a two-year stint as co-vice-captain.

Foley was elevated to acting captain in the 2019 AFLW grand final, with her genuine enthusiasm and teaching experience making her a respected teammate and natural leader.

Port Adelaide’s head of AFLW Juliet Haslam congratulated the quintet on the appointment.

“To have Erin leading our group in our inaugural season is very special and we know she will do an exceptional job as our captain,” Haslam said.

“She embodies everything that this club is about and is a complete professional and role model to everyone.

“Despite currently returning from injury, Erin has already shown her strong leadership capabilities throughout pre-season and we can’t wait to welcome her back to full training. Most importantly, Erin is a good person and will help us to maintain the fantastic culture we have established in this new team.

“We are very excited to have Ange as our vice-captain, who has been an absolute positive force among our group over the last couple of months.

“And, to top it off, we welcome Gemma, Hannah and Justine into the leadership group, who are excellent players and people, and we trust they will do us proud.”

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:34 am

No brainer and will probably be their 2nd coach after she retires.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:33 pm

Port supporters will be pissed off big time at the end of the minor round,
I reckon they will win the last 3 matches but will miss out by a poofteenth.
lose the first 5 matches in any grade & you're pretty much screwed!
The way that Port have finished the season is pretty encouraging I would have thought,
I reckon Hinkley will be the coach next year.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:52 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:Port supporters will be pissed off big time at the end of the minor round,
The way that Port have finished the season is pretty encouraging I would have thought,

Port could also easily go 0-3 to finish the season. Richmond are winning this Saturday night. They've should've won their last four but for brain fades. Their system/games style stacks up against the six sides immediately above them (Geelong & Melb are a cut above).

They should beat Essendon and Adelaide but funnier things have happened
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:53 pm

am Bays wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Port supporters will be pissed off big time at the end of the minor round,

Port could also easily go 0-3 to finish the season. Richmond are winning this Saturday night. They've should've won their last four but for brain fades. Their system/games style stacks up against the six sides immediately above them (Geelong & Melb are a cut above).

You talking about Port or Richmond there?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:54 pm

Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:

You talking about Port or Richmond there?

Richmond
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:55 pm

Could be either.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach