Port Adelaide 2022

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby RB » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:08 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:I reckon Hinkley will be the coach next year.

The supporters of 17 clubs live in hope!!
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:28 pm

RB wrote:

Whilst a change is probably needed I don’t think they are that far off it and the players are still playing for him
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby UK Fan » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:14 pm

Jim05 wrote:
RB wrote:

Whilst a change is probably needed I don’t think they are that far off it and the players are still playing for him

Accept for Amon who can’t leave quick enough.

Dixon cried for years having to go to training at Alberton
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby stan » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:19 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
RB wrote:

You are a strange little person, your Port obsession is rather odd.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:36 pm

stan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Dixon opened up about his struggles and UK makes fun of it. I can't think of anyone who would be less respected on this site in all it's time.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby stan » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:10 pm

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Dixon opened up about his struggles and UK makes fun of it. I can't think of anyone who would be less respected on this site in all it's time.
Fair point you make there Booney, I had another read and it clicked.

Making fun of a person's mental health is very poor and probably even a lower standard for UK fan.

Maybe he could go back to being Daisy, at least he was interesting or maybe he just needs a kick in the ass. Who knows but I think you are correct Booney, this little person in is a clear piece of shit.
stan
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:59 am

You pieces of shit can Keep your heads in the sand . I’m in no way bagging Dixon I am refuting the claim all are behind Ken. With Dixon you’d assume up until two weeks ago he has always been happy at Port.

Did Anyone know Dixon cried in his car before training everyday for 2years?? It makes u think How many other Dixon types are there ?? If you want to guess zero and everyone is behind Ken I’m hearing different that’s all.

As pointed out Amon clearly wants out. Schofield couldn’t get away quick enough.

Im hearing a Big off-season coming up at alberton

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:03 am

PORT ADELAIDE forward Steven Motlop has announced his retirement, effective immediately, after 217 AFL games.

Motlop, 31, arrived at Alberton through free agency at the end of 2017, adding 82 AFL games and 54 goals to the 135 games and 175 goals he recorded in nine seasons at Geelong.

Across his 14 seasons at the highest level, the Northern Territory product became renowned for his cleanness in possession, his craftiness around goal and his ability to provide moments of brilliance to spark his side.

Port Adelaide people will fondly remember Motlop for his two goals on debut against Fremantle, his match-winning goal late in his first Showdown in May 2018, and for countless classy on-field contributions since.

Motlop told his teammates of his decision on Tuesday morning.

“14 years is a long time in the game, especially in the position I play,” he said of his decision.

“It was always a childhood dream to play in the AFL and I’ll always be grateful to Geelong and to Port Adelaide for giving me the opportunity to achieve that dream.

“As a kid you just want to play in finals. I played in five preliminary finals and while it would have been nice to have won one, playing in those big games alongside my teammates is something I’ll always look back on fondly.

“There’s been a rich history of my family playing at Port Adelaide and to be able to get the opportunity come over to Adelaide, where my family was set up was a big part of why I moved across and it means a lot to say I had the chance to play at the club where I have such strong family links.”

He thanked his coaches and teammates over his journey and reserved special praise for his partner Kelly and his parents.

Port Adelaide senior coach Ken Hinkley was Motlop’s line coach when he first arrived at Geelong in 2009 and said beyond his skills, speed and work rate, he had always been a good teammate.

“I was with Steven at the start of his AFL journey and also now at the end,” Hinkley said.

“He has left us with some extremely fond memories with some telling contributions in key moments but often with Steven his work might have gone unnoticed by many. What I can say is that he has always been a really good teammate and has always done good things for us at Port Adelaide.

“The Motlop name is a strong one at our club. It feels like Steven has been here forever. He has made himself part of the Port Adelaide family, and he always will be.”

Motlop averaged 16.8 disposals and more than one goal per game across his career.

He joined Geelong with pick 39 in the 2008 National Draft and was nominated as an AFL Rising Star in 2012 and part of the All-Australian squad in 2013. Motlop was twice named as part of the AFLPA’s 22under22 team (in 2012 and 2013) and represented Australia in International Rules in 2013.

In 2015, he finished runner-up to Mark Blicavs as Geelong’s best and fairest.

Motlop has strong family links to Port Adelaide. His brother Daniel played for six seasons with the Power between 2006-2011 and his cousin Marlon also represented the club between 2008-2011.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:11 am

UK Fan wrote:You pieces of shit can Keep your heads in the sand . I’m in no way bagging Dixon I am refuting the claim all are behind Ken. With Dixon you’d assume up until two weeks ago he has always been happy at Port.

Did Anyone know Dixon cried in his car before training everyday for 2years?? It makes u think How many other Dixon types are there ?? If you want to guess zero and everyone is behind Ken I’m hearing different that’s all.

As pointed out Amon clearly wants out. Schofield couldn’t get away quick enough.

Im hearing a Big off-season coming up at alberton

At the end of the day I guess "low" is still a standard, but Geez, even I'm disappointed in what I've read on here this morning. Just a next level WOW!!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:18 am

stan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
RB wrote:!

Still totally clueless aren’t you stan .

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:24 am

He was crying in his car because he didn't want to play for Port or crying in his car because he was suffering from mental health issues which he's talked about?
Big difference mate. Be better.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby stan » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:31 am

UK Fan wrote:
stan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="RB"]!

Still totally clueless aren’t you stan .[/quote]Not about you mate, you are just a shit person with that many different logins. Bring Daisy back, at least he was interesting.
stan
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:52 am

Motlop has retired effective immediately
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:01 am

Armchair expert wrote:Motlop has retired effective immediately

He should have retired at the start of the year and they'd be playing finals.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby MW » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:02 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Motlop has retired effective immediately

He should have retired at the start of the year and they'd be playing finals.

To be fair he retired years ago but had the best seat in the house to watch the game.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:43 am

MW wrote:He was crying in his car because he didn't want to play for Port or crying in his car because he was suffering from mental health issues which he's talked about?
Big difference mate. Be better.

The little guy was happy to bad mouth the departed Von Williams so no surprise he's happy to have a crack at Dixon via a keyboard, I'm sure he'd say the same to Charlie's face. Courageous as he is.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:44 pm

Booney wrote:PORT ADELAIDE forward Steven Motlop has announced his retirement, effective immediately, after 217 AFL games.

Motlop, 31, arrived at Alberton through free agency at the end of 2017, adding 82 AFL games and 54 goals to the 135 games and 175 goals he recorded in nine seasons at Geelong.

Across his 14 seasons at the highest level, the Northern Territory product became renowned for his cleanness in possession, his craftiness around goal and his ability to provide moments of brilliance to spark his side.

Port Adelaide people will fondly remember Motlop for his two goals on debut against Fremantle, his match-winning goal late in his first Showdown in May 2018, and for countless classy on-field contributions since.

Motlop told his teammates of his decision on Tuesday morning.

“14 years is a long time in the game, especially in the position I play,” he said of his decision.

“It was always a childhood dream to play in the AFL and I’ll always be grateful to Geelong and to Port Adelaide for giving me the opportunity to achieve that dream.

“As a kid you just want to play in finals. I played in five preliminary finals and while it would have been nice to have won one, playing in those big games alongside my teammates is something I’ll always look back on fondly.

“There’s been a rich history of my family playing at Port Adelaide and to be able to get the opportunity come over to Adelaide, where my family was set up was a big part of why I moved across and it means a lot to say I had the chance to play at the club where I have such strong family links.”

He thanked his coaches and teammates over his journey and reserved special praise for his partner Kelly and his parents.

Port Adelaide senior coach Ken Hinkley was Motlop’s line coach when he first arrived at Geelong in 2009 and said beyond his skills, speed and work rate, he had always been a good teammate.

“I was with Steven at the start of his AFL journey and also now at the end,” Hinkley said.

“He has left us with some extremely fond memories with some telling contributions in key moments but often with Steven his work might have gone unnoticed by many. What I can say is that he has always been a really good teammate and has always done good things for us at Port Adelaide.

“The Motlop name is a strong one at our club. It feels like Steven has been here forever. He has made himself part of the Port Adelaide family, and he always will be.”

Motlop averaged 16.8 disposals and more than one goal per game across his career.

He joined Geelong with pick 39 in the 2008 National Draft and was nominated as an AFL Rising Star in 2012 and part of the All-Australian squad in 2013. Motlop was twice named as part of the AFLPA’s 22under22 team (in 2012 and 2013) and represented Australia in International Rules in 2013.

In 2015, he finished runner-up to Mark Blicavs as Geelong’s best and fairest.

Motlop has strong family links to Port Adelaide. His brother Daniel played for six seasons with the Power between 2006-2011 and his cousin Marlon also represented the club between 2008-2011.

Can't think of too many more frustrating players than this bloke. Amazing talent who could do anything but would butcher goals or go AWOL at the worst possible moment. I'm not sure Port or Geelong will look back and think they got the best out of him.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:46 pm

You can only be what you are and I think he gave as much as he could so it was his best.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:26 pm

Booney wrote:You can only be what you are and I think he gave as much as he could so it was his best.

I guess so. Easy from the cheap seats to suggest he wasn't doing otherwise. You'd see a glimpse of that talent and that was the frustration.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:08 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:You can only be what you are and I think he gave as much as he could so it was his best.

I guess so. Easy from the cheap seats to suggest he wasn't doing otherwise. You'd see a glimpse of that talent and that was the frustration.

regards,

REB

217 games across 13 seasons, in the cut throat professional world of AFL football you don't get there if you didn't give it your all regardless of your talent. IMO.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL