MATT CROUCH

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: MATT CROUCH

Postby Aerie » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:46 am

Psyber wrote:
JohnnyDog wrote:Crouch is being dicked around by the Crows he should go and join another club Crows a mob of amateurs.

He looked good early but his form seems to be patchy this season.
Time for both him and the Crows to move on perhaps?

Every time a new Crows midfielder comes in to the side, Crouch drops another place down the pecking order.

He's not damaging at AFL level any more and he doesn't play any other position than midfield. In Laird and Keays there is enough experience already. Plus the return of Sloane next season.

If I was an SANFL recruiter I'd be starting to chat. If he's happy in Adelaide he's every chance of being a Magarey Medallist if he plays a full season as his game style is perfectly suited to the slower pace of the SANFL.

Definitely time for he and the Crows to move on and if he gets another chance at another AFL club, good on him. He was an excellent player in the Pyke years along with his brother.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:50 am

Aerie wrote:
Psyber wrote:
JohnnyDog wrote:Crouch is being dicked around by the Crows he should go and join another club Crows a mob of amateurs.

Every time a new Crows midfielder comes in to the side, Crouch drops another place down the pecking order.

He's not damaging at AFL level any more and he doesn't play any other position than midfield. In Laird and Keays there is enough experience already. Plus the return of Sloane next season.

If I was an SANFL recruiter I'd be starting to chat. If he's happy in Adelaide he's every chance of being a Magarey Medallist if he plays a full season as his game style is perfectly suited to the slower pace of the SANFL.

Definitely time for he and the Crows to move on and if he gets another chance at another AFL club, good on him. He was an excellent player in the Pyke years along with his brother.

You can't tell me Keays is a better ball user than Crouch, not with a straight face anyway and it's only because Nicks puts an emphasis on two way running and pressure that Keays plays ahead of Crouch.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:07 am

Completely different ball users. Crouch is slightly more efficient but puts players in bad situations. Keays at least drives it forward even if he doesnt always hit a target but gets the ball into better areas. I would take Keays overall over Crouch every day.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby cracka » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:44 am

Not often you can hang your hat on something Rowey says but he's been calling for Keays to play as a pressure forward for a while. Was probably his most influential game he's played for the Crows on Saturday.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:47 am

cracka wrote:Not often you can hang your hat on something Rowey says but he's been calling for Keays to play as a pressure forward for a while. Was probably his most influential game he's played for the Crows on Saturday.

1 game. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:57 am

Booney wrote:
cracka wrote:Not often you can hang your hat on something Rowey says but he's been calling for Keays to play as a pressure forward for a while. Was probably his most influential game he's played for the Crows on Saturday.

He's only played one game in the role yes. Not sure what else you can base it on :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby cracka » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:09 pm

Booney wrote:

What MW said. As much as his gives his best, I don't think he is a midfielder for the team to go forward with. Pinch hitting in the middle yes, but we need a big bodied ball winner like a Cripps or Bont etc
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby mots02 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:17 pm

Booney wrote:

That sort of game back at Port in the early '10's would lob you with a nickname of the The Future!
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Aerie » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:35 pm

Booney wrote:
Aerie wrote:
Psyber wrote:

You can't tell me Keays is a better ball user than Crouch, not with a straight face anyway and it's only because Nicks puts an emphasis on two way running and pressure that Keays plays ahead of Crouch.

Exactly what MW said. Keays has penetration and power, Crouch doesn't. It doesn't help Crouch is in a poor team at the moment. I likened Crouch's hands and ability to extract the ball out to others similar to Andrew Jarman when Crouch was at his best.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL