PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:21 pm

UK Fan wrote:You pieces of shit can Keep your heads in the sand . I’m in no way bagging Dixon I am refuting the claim all are behind Ken. With Dixon you’d assume up until two weeks ago he has always been happy at Port.

Did Anyone know Dixon cried in his car before training everyday for 2years?? It makes u think How many other Dixon types are there ?? If you want to guess zero and everyone is behind Ken I’m hearing different that’s all.

As pointed out Amon clearly wants out. Schofield couldn’t get away quick enough.

Im hearing a Big off-season coming up at alberton

I'm hearing one ruckman to Centrals!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:36 pm

Or have photos ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:38 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
UK Fan wrote:You pieces of shit can Keep your heads in the sand . I’m in no way bagging Dixon I am refuting the claim all are behind Ken. With Dixon you’d assume up until two weeks ago he has always been happy at Port.

Did Anyone know Dixon cried in his car before training everyday for 2years?? It makes u think How many other Dixon types are there ?? If you want to guess zero and everyone is behind Ken I’m hearing different that’s all.

As pointed out Amon clearly wants out. Schofield couldn’t get away quick enough.

That's what you took from that? :shock:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:59 pm

Booney wrote:PORT ADELAIDE forward Steven Motlop has announced his retirement, effective immediately, after 217 AFL games.

Motlop, 31, arrived at Alberton through free agency at the end of 2017, adding 82 AFL games and 54 goals to the 135 games and 175 goals he recorded in nine seasons at Geelong.

Across his 14 seasons at the highest level, the Northern Territory product became renowned for his cleanness in possession, his craftiness around goal and his ability to provide moments of brilliance to spark his side.

Port Adelaide people will fondly remember Motlop for his two goals on debut against Fremantle, his match-winning goal late in his first Showdown in May 2018, and for countless classy on-field contributions since.

Motlop told his teammates of his decision on Tuesday morning.

“14 years is a long time in the game, especially in the position I play,” he said of his decision.

“It was always a childhood dream to play in the AFL and I’ll always be grateful to Geelong and to Port Adelaide for giving me the opportunity to achieve that dream.

“As a kid you just want to play in finals. I played in five preliminary finals and while it would have been nice to have won one, playing in those big games alongside my teammates is something I’ll always look back on fondly.

“There’s been a rich history of my family playing at Port Adelaide and to be able to get the opportunity come over to Adelaide, where my family was set up was a big part of why I moved across and it means a lot to say I had the chance to play at the club where I have such strong family links.”

He thanked his coaches and teammates over his journey and reserved special praise for his partner Kelly and his parents.

Port Adelaide senior coach Ken Hinkley was Motlop’s line coach when he first arrived at Geelong in 2009 and said beyond his skills, speed and work rate, he had always been a good teammate.

“I was with Steven at the start of his AFL journey and also now at the end,” Hinkley said.

“He has left us with some extremely fond memories with some telling contributions in key moments but often with Steven his work might have gone unnoticed by many. What I can say is that he has always been a really good teammate and has always done good things for us at Port Adelaide.

“The Motlop name is a strong one at our club. It feels like Steven has been here forever. He has made himself part of the Port Adelaide family, and he always will be.”

Motlop averaged 16.8 disposals and more than one goal per game across his career.

He joined Geelong with pick 39 in the 2008 National Draft and was nominated as an AFL Rising Star in 2012 and part of the All-Australian squad in 2013. Motlop was twice named as part of the AFLPA’s 22under22 team (in 2012 and 2013) and represented Australia in International Rules in 2013.

In 2015, he finished runner-up to Mark Blicavs as Geelong’s best and fairest.

Motlop has strong family links to Port Adelaide. His brother Daniel played for six seasons with the Power between 2006-2011 and his cousin Marlon also represented the club between 2008-2011.

He’s 100% committed to Kenny obviously :-)
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:07 pm

Booney wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

That's what you took from that? :shock:

That's all that concerns me! :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:07 pm

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:55 pm

MW wrote:He was crying in his car because he didn't want to play for Port or crying in his car because he was suffering from mental health issues which he's talked about?
Big difference mate. Be better.

Not sure tbf.

Did he suffer the same anxiety when playing for Gold Coast ??

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:59 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:He was crying in his car because he didn't want to play for Port or crying in his car because he was suffering from mental health issues which he's talked about?

The little guy was happy to bad mouth the departed Von Williams so no surprise he's happy to have a crack at Dixon via a keyboard, I'm sure he'd say the same to Charlie's face. Courageous as he is.

What a crock. I’ve never spoken to Von in my life. Absolute cry baby.

I’m Happy to let Mr Dixon I was surprised by his confession. I thought he was 100% happy when he was playing for Port.

I apologise if that offends anyone.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:04 pm

UK Fan wrote:

Not sure tbf.

Then shut the f*ck up.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:07 pm

People getting a bit triggered today. Come on guys. It's only a footy forum. Go Cats!!!!!!!!
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:10 pm

Bum Crack wrote:People getting a bit triggered today. Come on guys. It's only a footy forum. Go Cats!!!!!!!!

Yeah, go football!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:55 pm

UK Fan wrote:

Not sure tbf.

Did he have a serious ankle break whilst playing for GC, which required lengthy recovery and many set backs, which as a professional athlete, would weigh heavy on you?

But yep - sad to be at Alberton.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby am Bays » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:23 pm

Days like today give you hope that this thread still might reach 119 pages....

And whilst my threshold for what's constitutes mental illness is a bit higher than most on here (the first 50 incident reports of suicide are the hardest to read along with your first five RCA investigations - is it actually an AXIS 1 DSM condition as opposed to situation crises evoking a maladaptive coping strategies)

However to mock someone's mental well-being anonymously on an internet forum, illustrates that time in front of mirror is required for that person and that times really were better when the VFL was only broadcast late at night in SA (sans interweb)
Last edited by am Bays on Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:25 pm

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:People getting a bit triggered today. Come on guys. It's only a footy forum. Go Cats!!!!!!!!

Yeah, go football!

AND BEER!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Vamos » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:50 pm

Motlop won us a Showdown, he alright in my book :D
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 451 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:51 am

Further proof that Champion Data is a load of bs, Jeremy Finlayson is the number 1 ruck in the afl.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:53 pm

:X #mypat

Patrick Dangerfield has urged the AFL and Collingwood to bring an end to the annual debate surrounding the Port Adelaide prison bar guernsey for the betterment of the game.

“If we profess to be a national competition then being that means that you have to acknowledge and understand the history,” he said on The Field with JJ and Danger.

“Being a national competition means we should acknowledge what those teams have done, even though it was in the SANFL. I think it’s still really important to acknowledge that history.”

“For the sake of one game a year, how are we even - what is the point of arguing this? It’s so inflammatory,” Dangerfield said.

“I just think it’s ridiculous that we’re having this debate.

“It is ridiculous that there should be such a cock-a-hoop over Port Adelaide wearing their prison bar guernsey.

“They’ve made a huge contribution to the AFL within Australia and more specifically South Australia.

“Is there anything wrong with acknowledging that for a Showdown once a year? No, there’s not.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:02 pm

Maybe Paddy should butt out and concentrate on not choking in finals.

My last word on it......heritage round no problem.
Normal home and away, get rooted!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:04 pm

tigerpie wrote:Maybe Paddy should butt out and concentrate on not choking in finals.

My last word on it......heritage round no problem.
Normal home and away, get rooted!

Is that the one Sydney declared as theirs, or Fremantle's, or Geelong's, or Brisbane's?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL