Port Adelaide 2022

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby RB » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:15 pm

tigerpie wrote:Maybe Paddy should butt out and concentrate on not choking in finals.

My last word on it......heritage round no problem.
Normal home and away, get rooted!
I have no dog in this fight whatsoever, but out of interest, is there any reason you're so firmly against them wearing it, TP?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:17 pm

RB wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Maybe Paddy should butt out and concentrate on not choking in finals.

I have no dog in this fight whatsoever, but out of interest, is there any reason you're so firmly against them wearing it, TP?

I've yet to get a Collingwood person against it actually articulate why, I'll watch on with interest here.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:25 pm

Booney wrote:
RB wrote:

I've yet to get a Collingwood person against it actually articulate why, I'll watch on with interest here.

cos those terms are mutually exclusive. Collingwood & articulate. EOS.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:41 pm

Booney wrote:I've yet to get a Collingwood person against it actually articulate why, .

" 'Coz day our colours!"
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby mots02 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:13 pm

Booney wrote:

Is that the one Sydney declared as theirs, or Fremantle's, or Geelong's, or Brisbane's?

You get to wear it every single round, even at the oval where all of the history was created.

Shame more of the 'one club' faithful don't venture there anymore to see it. Even bigger shame that your club took the magpie logo off of the jumper.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby tigerpie » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:40 pm

Booney wrote:

Is that the one Sydney declared as theirs, or Fremantle's, or Geelong's, or Brisbane's?

One heritage round per year.
Wear what you like as long as it doesn't clash.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:54 pm

RB wrote:

Again I have no problem with them wearing it at a heritage round.

There's only one black and white team in the afl.

There's only one black and red sash, one black and gold sash, one red and blue team.

If glenelg, westies or norwood won the second licence do you think they'd be able to run out with their sanfl jumpers, anytime ever?

Port spent years bullying everyone in the sanfl to get their way and can't/won't accept that they can't do the same in the big league.

I'm totally over this shit coming up every year.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Vamos » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:40 am

Maybe you should have honoured your cocky president's statement at the time saying if Port finished above Collingwood in its first 3 seasons they will waive their objections to Port wearing the black and white. I can take it or leave it but every club has a right to celebrate its heritage, Port is more unique than all the other non victorian teams (Brisbane & Sydney aside) as we were already a club before we joined the VFL so the right to don a jumper we had great success in is rightfully important to many. Once a year ffs, should be a non-issue.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 345 times
Been liked: 456 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Jim05 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:30 am

Vamos wrote:Maybe you should have honoured your cocky president's statement at the time saying if Port finished above Collingwood in its first 3 seasons they will waive their objections to Port wearing the black and white. I can take it or leave it but every club has a right to celebrate its heritage, Port is more unique than all the other non victorian teams (Brisbane & Sydney aside) as we were already a club before we joined the VFL so the right to don a jumper we had great success in is rightfully important to many. Once a year ffs, should be a non-issue.
But you know it won’t just be once a year. In a couple of years they will ask for both Showdowns and then a few years later all home games…………………………..
I’m more than happy to see it once a year for the home Showdown but the AFL needs to get a ironclad contract with Port that it is once per year only forever
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby MatteeG » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:55 am

tigerpie wrote:Again I have no problem with them wearing it at a heritage round.

There's only one black and red sash, one black and gold sash, one red and blue team.

And 3 Blue and white teams.... but they get along fine.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby cracka » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:09 am

MatteeG wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Again I have no problem with them wearing it at a heritage round.

When the Crows came in there were 2 red, yellow & blue teams
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:11 am

RB wrote:

Well put mate, you're a straight shooter.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:13 am

Jim05 wrote:
Vamos wrote:Maybe you should have honoured your cocky president's statement at the time saying if Port finished above Collingwood in its first 3 seasons they will waive their objections to Port wearing the black and white. I can take it or leave it but every club has a right to celebrate its heritage, Port is more unique than all the other non victorian teams (Brisbane & Sydney aside) as we were already a club before we joined the VFL so the right to don a jumper we had great success in is rightfully important to many. Once a year ffs, should be a non-issue.
But you know it won’t just be once a year. In a couple of years they will ask for both Showdowns and then a few years later all home games…………………………..
I’m more than happy to see it once a year for the home Showdown but the AFL needs to get a ironclad contract with Port that it is once per year only forever

Exactly, I barrack for Port Power but not Port Magpies so I'm a fence sitter on this.

Let the Power wear it for a home showdown on the proviso that the discussion is put to the rest for 10 years.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby MW » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:18 am

MatteeG wrote:

The point Collingwood are making is not the colours but black and white stripes representing the Magpies...which is what they are.
For mine I dont mind either way, but its not as simple as colours and as long as they dont wear it v Collingwood it shouldnt matter.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:46 am

MW wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

The point Collingwood are making is not the colours but black and white stripes representing the Magpies...which is what they are.
For mine I dont mind either way, but its not as simple as colours and as long as they dont wear it v Collingwood it shouldnt matter.

So if it was a Port Adelaide Zebras guernsey, collingwood would say its ok ? Horse shit!
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby MW » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:57 am

F..ked if I know, just my thought on it.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby stan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:05 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
MW wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

So if it was a Port Adelaide Zebras guernsey, collingwood would say its ok ? Horse shit!
But it would be a pretty bloody funny logo hahah
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:08 am

Not sure how it negatively impacts upon Collingwood in any way.

On field? Not in any way.

Off field? I guess there is a chance a Collingwood supporter might search "Black and white guernsey" and end up on the Port Store site, find the guernsey, pick their size, add it to the cart, enter their email address, go to check out, enter credit card details and buy the guernsey then ignore the confirmation email from the Port Store. Or I guess they might go to the airport, fly to Adelaide, get an Uber to Alberton, go into the store, buy the guernsey, go back to the airport, fly back to Melbourne and go to a game wearing it. Egg on face or what!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:11 am

stan wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
MW wrote:

But it would be a pretty bloody funny logo hahah

Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby UK Fan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:56 pm

Booney wrote:
RB wrote:

I have. I asked a Collingwood person a couple of years ago

Response “Collingwood knows Port can not be trusted. Their ultimate goal is not to wear the prison bars on one off occasions/showdowns they want to wear the old PB guernsey every game. If we agreed to let Port wear It one round a year do u think port will say thank you that’s great. Or will port start with why can’t we wear it for two rounds, five rounds, all home games , etc….. port are trying to set up a precedent that Collingwood doesn’t want”.

That makes perfect sense to me.

Can someone articulate why port can’t port design a prison bar guernsey in teal/black and or teal/white. Collingwood only holds rights to black and white not the prison bars design. Surely that’s a fair compromise.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL