Port Adelaide 2022

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby Vamos » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:18 am

am Bays wrote:
Vamos wrote:
Don't recommend microwaving a phone. The "old" Port as you put it played in a 9 team comp with teams from the same state, see the difference there KG?

Stop reinforcing stereotypes about Port supporters and basic arithmetic.....

Am I wrong? No.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 470 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby RB » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:23 am

Vamos wrote:
RB wrote:Looks like a few Power members are microwaving their memberships today.

I don't blame them. The "old" Port (RIP) would've crucified Kenny after 5 years without a flag, let alone 10.

Don't recommend microwaving a phone. The "old" Port as you put it played in a 9 team comp with teams from the same state, see the difference there KG?

I'm not sure that the decrease in expectations is commensurate with the increased number of competing teams, but hey, I'm not complaining!!

Very puzzling to me the love that the board appears to have for Kenny. Each to their own though. Makes the job slightly easier for the teams competing for the flag.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:30 am

whufc wrote:I don't mind it.....

Whose the better candidate that's going to replace him??? If its not Clarkson your pretty much playing roulette with an assistant coach stepping up as a first time head coach.

Rightly or wrongly Port obviously see themselves as a team capable of finishing top 4 and had they not had the 0-5 start where injuries played a role who knows what the season would have held. They will now get the earlier pre season and chance to have what should be a hungry playing group fit and ready for round 1 next year.

I just hope they don't go further backwards and Hinkleys good reputation imo is hampered. His been a great contributor to the club and taken them from almost their lowest point to nearly reaching the holy grail.

No you don't :lol:

On the flip side, Port will have a soft draw next season and will end up in an inflated position at the end of the minor round because of it.

Yes, I would've liked to have seen a new coach at the helm, if it wasn't Clarkson or Lyon I'm not convinced that we would've been any better off, there's no decent proven coaches out of work atm otherwise.

I'll continue to barrack and get frustrated, without expectation though.

Would love to land a Dunkley, De Goey or a Grundy though, I've been happy enough with Finlayson and Big Chuck having a dip in the ruck but would rather see us with a traditional ruckman.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:32 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Would love to land a Dunkley, De Goey or a Grundy though, I've been happy enough with Finlayson and Big Chuck having a dip in the ruck but would rather see us with a traditional ruckman.

If Port recruited an established ruck, what would that mean for Hayes? Surely would push him out given the impact Teakle has made
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:40 am

Vamos wrote:The "old" Port as you put it played in a 9 team comp with teams from the same state, see the difference there KG?

This is one of the most annoying things - I hear / read people harp on about "old Port" and the creed / standards etc.

Port Adel in the SANFL competed against 8 other sides, and often had the incredible quality coming through their zones and juniors. They were blessed with riches of talent.

Now they're competing in a national competition with 17 other teams, a salary cap, a draft, equalization etc.. a comp designed to share the love and success and avoid having one or two clubs dominate.

Other thing that shits me with all these people who carry on - where were they 10yrs ago? Don't harp on about the creed and Port standards/expectations, chances are you weren't even on the wagon 10yrs ago so STFU.. you know nothing Jon Snow.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:57 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Would love to land a Dunkley, De Goey or a Grundy though, I've been happy enough with Finlayson and Big Chuck having a dip in the ruck but would rather see us with a traditional ruckman.

If Port recruited an established ruck, what would that mean for Hayes? Surely would push him out given the impact Teakle has made

He's 23 now and been listed for 5 years, if he couldn't crack the team when we had no recognised ruckman will he ever?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:00 pm

23 is still young for a ruckman. Look at how Tim English has come on over the past 12 months
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:13 pm

The Port Adelaide I grew up supporting existed to win premierships.

This new Port exists to not hurt peoples feelings and to be happy to be mediocre.

True story!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2226 times
Been liked: 2520 times

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:15 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:I don't mind it.....

Whose the better candidate that's going to replace him??? If its not Clarkson your pretty much playing roulette with an assistant coach stepping up as a first time head coach.

Rightly or wrongly Port obviously see themselves as a team capable of finishing top 4 and had they not had the 0-5 start where injuries played a role who knows what the season would have held. They will now get the earlier pre season and chance to have what should be a hungry playing group fit and ready for round 1 next year.

I just hope they don't go further backwards and Hinkleys good reputation imo is hampered. His been a great contributor to the club and taken them from almost their lowest point to nearly reaching the holy grail.

No you don't :lol:

On the flip side, Port will have a soft draw next season and will end up in an inflated position at the end of the minor round because of it.

Yes, I would've liked to have seen a new coach at the helm, if it wasn't Clarkson or Lyon I'm not convinced that we would've been any better off, there's no decent proven coaches out of work atm otherwise.

I'll continue to barrack and get frustrated, without expectation though.

Would love to land a Dunkley, De Goey or a Grundy though, I've been happy enough with Finlayson and Big Chuck having a dip in the ruck but would rather see us with a traditional ruckman.

I have a softish spot for Port. At least you are a proper football club...…

Whilst Port brought me tears in 95 and 96 I always had respect for the club and the success they had..

Wear those prison bars though and all bets are off......ill hate you bastards.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:24 pm

amber_fluid wrote:The Port Adelaide I grew up supporting existed to win premierships.

This new Port exists to not hurt peoples feelings and to be happy to be mediocre.

True story!

.. and the existing to win premierships was easy in a lob-sided SANFL comp.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:27 pm

The Bedge wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:The Port Adelaide I grew up supporting existed to win premierships.

True story!

That’s is true BUT they made hard decisions along the way to get the ultimate goal/s.
Even the great man Russell Ebert was moved on and look what success followed there.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:34 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

True story!

That’s is true BUT they made hard decisions along the way to get the ultimate goal/s.
Even the great man Russell Ebert was moved on and look what success followed there.

And I used to wear an onion on my belt as it was the fashion at the time. Comparing 1985 SANFL to 2022 AFL is just pointless.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:35 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

True story!

Personally I think Port have made the hard decision which is to keep him.

I also wonder that when the time comes up the Port gig will have to look pretty attractive given that the board/admin show themselves to have a fair bit of loyalty and offer some form of job security.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Vamos » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:46 pm

True story!

You talking about Port or life in general re: the latter?
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 470 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:04 pm

True story!

I can't wait for the club to unveil our "12th placed" ribbon.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

True story!

I can't wait for the club to unveil our "12th placed" ribbon.

Will the club produce "12th place" merchandise? I mean anything to help the bottom line...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:27 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

True story!

And I used to wear an onion on my belt as it was the fashion at the time. Comparing 1985 SANFL to 2022 AFL is just pointless.

Onion on the belt?
I missed that one.
Was it good?

Comparisons are hard from decade to decade but making hard decisions along with hard work is still the recipe for any good business/sporting model.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:58 pm

It's a Grandpa Simpson quote, I had to google it! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby UK Fan » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:26 pm

The Bedge wrote:

True story!

And you have Alan Scott needing to hide millions of dollars each year to avoid tax.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:43 pm

The Bedge wrote:

I would be very happy if Hayes was traded to Geelong. I rate him and believe he will become a very good player.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL