2022 AFL Season

Talk on the national game

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:36 am

locky801 wrote:Surely when you see the writing on the wall its time to move on.

when was the last time a coach had the guts to say, "This aint working, I'm outta here"

Probably been a few but cant recall them right now.

Ruttens a dead man walking, he will get the boot seasons end, perhaps right now he should gracefully put his hand up and say bye i'm outta here

If it were me, I'd stay. I want those that selected me to look me in the face and say 'hey mate, it's not working, we need to head in a different direction' then give me my $400k payout and walkout. I'm not giving that up because I'm hearing rumours.

Make those accountable for the decision stand up in front of me and the media and say "we got it wrong".
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:41 am

gadj1976 wrote:

when was the last time a coach had the guts to say, "This aint working, I'm outta here"

Ruttens a dead man walking, he will get the boot seasons end, perhaps right now he should gracefully put his hand up and say bye i'm outta here

If it were me, I'd stay. I want those that selected me to look me in the face and say 'hey mate, it's not working, we need to head in a different direction' then give me my $400k payout and walkout. I'm not giving that up because I'm hearing rumours.

Make those accountable for the decision stand up in front of me and the media and say "we got it wrong".

Absolutely. He didn't appoint himself, if it hasn't worked it wouldn't be through lack of effort on his part. He might not be up to it but that isn't his decision to make and those that appointed him should be held accountable.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:15 am

gadj1976 wrote:

And therein lies the problem. Xavier Campbell’s position becomes untenable if Rutten goes hence why he is trying to cover the arse.
That little grub is a far bigger problem than Rutten
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:43 pm

Carlton v Collingwood game already a sell out, what an atmosphere this game will have!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby am Bays » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:46 pm

Wedgie wrote:Carlton v Collingwood game already a sell out, what an atmosphere it will be on the Heidleberg and Broadmeadow lines after the game....

EFA
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:47 pm

Shane Edwards to retire at the end of the year.
What a fantastic career
Multiple Premiership player, 300 + games.
Good North Adelaide boy. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:57 pm

Seems COLA isn’t enough for Sydney ;)

Five AFL clubs have been sanctioned for breaching Covid rules with $225,000 of fines, amid claims some rapid antigen tests (RATs) were falsified.

Sydney has received the heaviest fine with a $100,000 sanction, $50,000 of that suspended, coming out of this year’s soft cap.

It's a reasonable blow given clubs have already complained the soft cap of $6.45 million limits their ability to pay the number of staffers they had pre-Covid.

Collingwood ($50,000, half suspended) and Richmond ($25,000, half suspended) have also been fined while Brisbane and St Kilda had their $25,000 fines fully suspended.

The breaches include:

- not undertaking a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) within the period prescribed by the Protocols, and/or

- not uploading an image (photograph) of a prescribed RAT within the period prescribed by the Protocols; and/or

- Uploading an image taken of a previous RAT undertaken by that or another person.

“The AFL insists no clubs throughout the competition gained an advantage on match day, or a competitive advantage,” Seven’s Andrew McCormack reported.

All AFL players and staff are required to be vaccinated against Covid while teams were permitted to list up to 20 additional players on a Covid Contigency List, in case they had mass unavailability.

West Coast was the main team impacted with 13 forced changes for their Round 2 loss to North Melbourne.

“Across the last two and a half years our game and our industry has survived because we have collectively led the way in being disciplined and respecting the threat the pandemic presented, which in turn protected the health and safety of our people – our clubs, our players, coaches and officials, our staff and – most importantly – our families, friends, workmates and the wider community.” AFL General Counsel and EGM Football Andrew Dillon said.

“We established a framework in 2022 for clubs to take more responsibility in managing their own people in relation to regular Covid testing. While 13 of the clubs complied with the requirements, the five clubs failed to comply as required and the sanctions they have been handed reflect the seriousness that we take in relation to the health and safety of players, staff and the wider community.”

“Collectively we have worked together as an industry to navigate through the pandemic and no one in our system is above adhering to the protocols and protecting the health and well-being of their fellow workmates and the wider community.”
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:11 am

Jim05 wrote:Seems COLA isn’t enough for Sydney ;)

Five AFL clubs have been sanctioned for breaching Covid rules with $225,000 of fines, amid claims some rapid antigen tests (RATs) were falsified.

Sydney has received the heaviest fine with a $100,000 sanction, $50,000 of that suspended, coming out of this year’s soft cap.

It's a reasonable blow given clubs have already complained the soft cap of $6.45 million limits their ability to pay the number of staffers they had pre-Covid.

Collingwood ($50,000, half suspended) and Richmond ($25,000, half suspended) have also been fined while Brisbane and St Kilda had their $25,000 fines fully suspended.

The breaches include:

- not undertaking a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) within the period prescribed by the Protocols, and/or

- not uploading an image (photograph) of a prescribed RAT within the period prescribed by the Protocols; and/or

- Uploading an image taken of a previous RAT undertaken by that or another person.

“The AFL insists no clubs throughout the competition gained an advantage on match day, or a competitive advantage,” Seven’s Andrew McCormack reported.

All AFL players and staff are required to be vaccinated against Covid while teams were permitted to list up to 20 additional players on a Covid Contigency List, in case they had mass unavailability.

West Coast was the main team impacted with 13 forced changes for their Round 2 loss to North Melbourne.

“Across the last two and a half years our game and our industry has survived because we have collectively led the way in being disciplined and respecting the threat the pandemic presented, which in turn protected the health and safety of our people – our clubs, our players, coaches and officials, our staff and – most importantly – our families, friends, workmates and the wider community.” AFL General Counsel and EGM Football Andrew Dillon said.

“We established a framework in 2022 for clubs to take more responsibility in managing their own people in relation to regular Covid testing. While 13 of the clubs complied with the requirements, the five clubs failed to comply as required and the sanctions they have been handed reflect the seriousness that we take in relation to the health and safety of players, staff and the wider community.”

“Collectively we have worked together as an industry to navigate through the pandemic and no one in our system is above adhering to the protocols and protecting the health and well-being of their fellow workmates and the wider community.”

Geez,

Is it only me that thinks that a pretty significant form of cheating given the circumstances and environment we live in.

Not sure how they couldn't have gained a competitive advantage as stated......purely getting to train when you shouldn't have been is a competitive advantage.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby helicopterking » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:19 am

If any team can find a way to cheat the system, It’s the Sydney Swans
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:51 am

helicopterking wrote:If any team can find a way to cheat the system, It’s the Sydney Swans

Wubbzy’s head just exploded
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:58 am

Wedgie wrote:Shane Edwards to retire at the end of the year.
What a fantastic career

Had to look him up, I'd never heard of him.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:04 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

Absolutely, he won't be gifted a head coaching role anywhere else in a hurry.

There seems to be a lot of coaches that have got the arse in recent times that I can't ever see wearing the main headset again.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:09 pm

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Shane Edwards to retire at the end of the year.
What a fantastic career

Had to look him up, I'd never heard of him.

Was going to say I can understand that as you wouldn't have much reason to watch Grand Finals but he did debut in 2007 and I'm sure you watched the GF that year. Can lend you a blue ray if you forgot how it went. ;)

Good to see a South Australian do so well!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby am Bays » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:39 pm

D Jarman > S Edwards > R Grey

All IMO, all exceptional footballers
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:40 pm

am Bays wrote:D Jarman > Shane Edwards > R Grey

I don't remember much of R.Grey.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:53 pm

Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:D Jarman > Shane Edwards > R Grey

I don't remember much of R.Grey.

Only shades of him?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:11 pm

am Bays wrote:D Jarman > S Edwards > R Grey

96>19>97 career Brownlow votes, interesting stat.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:12 pm

Tyson was better than Shane.
Gray better than both Edwards.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:30 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

To paraphrase an oft used quote I've heard from Port supporters over the last 45 years, "How many premierships has GrAy, won" ;)
am Bays
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:44 pm

am Bays wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

To paraphrase an oft used quote I've heard from Port supporters over the last 45 years, "How many premierships has GrAy, won" ;)

They don’t exist to win premierships anymore ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL