Adelaide

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide

Postby Vamos » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:26 pm

800k thattaway if you want to be part of some rivalry =))
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:26 pm

marbles wrote:
Vamos wrote:
marbles wrote:Why is rowe leaving on crows

Got a job at Beaumont Tiles, got a head like a tile cutter.

Ahh yes tex's dad frank got him the gig

:lol:
Pay that!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Vamos » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:27 pm

marbles wrote:
marbles wrote:
Vamos wrote:

Got a job at Beaumont Tiles, got a head like a tile cutter.

Ahh yes tex's dad frank got him the gig

Wait no thats national tiles haha

Arsehole, got that in my head now.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:35 am

The Adelaide Football Club has identified Thebarton Oval as the best site to meet its long-term requirements for a new world class headquarters.

It follows detailed consideration and a lengthy period of extensive due diligence, with the near city location in Adelaide’s west presenting significant benefits.

Importantly, the Club can realise enhanced high-performance advantages which align with its football-first strategy, while delivering meaningful upside for its members, supporters and local community.

These include, but are not limited to, the following:

The site encompasses 1ha and accommodates a large sports precinct. By comparison, it is more than 30 percent bigger than another parcel of land previously considered at Brompton;
The State Government’s latest plans for the South Road tunnels mean a large section of Kings Reserve would be available from the outset, rather than the Club having to wait 7-10 years as initially advised. Therefore, two ovals can be established. One will be the size of Adelaide Oval, with the other replicating the MCG;
Gender equity with AFLW facilities capable of accommodating the industry’s future expansion to full-time athletes and coaches;
First-class aquatic facilities encompassing cutting edge hydrotherapy resources, as well as leading rehabilitation and medical amenities, with publicly accessible allied health services;
An indoor artificial grassed training field which is nearly double the size of what is currently available at West Lakes;
A new and improved council community hub can be developed to replace the existing building which will be demolished as part of the South Road works;
More member and fan focussed areas, such as an interactive museum and café, along with greater on-site car parking options;
Added facilities, such as a skateboard park, playground with dedicated parking, and soccer pitch-sized turfed area can also be established;
Increased community greenspace which is fully open to the local community. It sits alongside two AFL competition-sized ovals that can help address the significant shortage of playing fields across suburban Adelaide;
Significantly lower environmental remediation risk as well as no road closure with subsequent and costly sewer trunk relocation requirements, compared to the former Brompton Gasworks site.
Crows Chairman John Olsen said the Club would continue extensive negotiations with relevant stakeholders and seek State Government funding support to enable the project to proceed.

“Given the importance of this project and the progress we are making, it is appropriate that we provide our members and supporters with an update,” Olsen said.

“This development will underpin our football-first focus and it will benefit our players, coaches, staff, corporate partners, members and supporters, as well as the local community, for many years to come.

“Aside from being a state-of-the-art headquarters for all players, coaches and staff, it will be our AFLW team’s home ground, having dedicated facilities for both athletes and spectators.

“There will also be many and varied opportunities to celebrate our heritage, and engage with members, fans and the broader community.”

The Club had strongly considered the former Brompton Gasworks site, which the previous State Government awarded to a Melbourne-based developer in January this year.

The tender process for that location is subject of a review by the current State Government.

“I would like to acknowledge the State Government and Premier Peter Malinauskas for honouring their pre-election promise to review the initial tender process,” Olsen said.

“We appreciate their open and constructive approach to our discussions, and we have advised and kept the Premier abreast of our progress and decision-making throughout.

“Since January, we have had time to undertake further detailed planning and develop a compelling master plan for the Thebarton precinct which complements our strategic agenda.”

The Club is continuing to negotiate with the City of West Torrens, which controls Thebarton Oval, as well as the current tenant SANFL, with a view to finalising lease terms and conditions.

“We want to deliver a win-win outcome for all parties, as well as the game of football more broadly in this State,” Olsen said.

“There is still considerable work to be done to bring this project to life but we have made significant progress, and the fact we have now identified a site which best meets our long-term requirements is a key moment.

“We are determined to deliver sustained success in both our men’s and women’s programs and the high-performance components that we could build at Thebarton can be industry leading, and there are equally impressive fan and member engagement opportunities.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby MW » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:37 am

It was the logical site for size and cost. Glad it's finally decided.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1849 times

Postby carey » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:49 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:

Going to the bulldogs is the story

Centrals?

Rosewater
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:59 am

Looking forward to the Crows building up The by, should be good for the local area.
Now if the West The by can get their arse into gear and return to its former glory.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MW » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:07 am

Wedgie wrote:Looking forward to the Crows building up The by, should be good for the local area.
Now if the West The by can get their arse into gear and return to its former glory.

Sorry what now?
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:11 am

MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Looking forward to the Crows building up The by, should be good for the local area.

Sorry what now?

Back to when Rick and the Dragon sponsored the might WYCCC and Saturday nights at the Thebby were as loose as you can get. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby marbles » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:12 am

id say swap pick 5 for hodgen elliot and get rankine some other way
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:21 am

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:

Sorry what now?

Back to when Rick and the Dragon sponsored the might WYCCC and Saturday nights at the Thebby were as loose as you can get. :lol:

I was thinking more of the days in the early 90s when they had $5 karaoke days which including beers for 3 hours and a BBQ! Great times.

PS What have I done to upset MW now? I'm happy about the Crows moving into the area. :?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:23 am

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:
MW wrote:

Sorry what now?

I was thinking more of the days in the early 90s when they had $5 karaoke days which including beers for 3 hours and a BBQ! Great times.

PS What have I done to upset MW now? I'm happy about the Crows moving into the area. :?

Who said I was upset? I didnt understand your post is all. Dont know what "The by" is.
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:26 am

Might be Thebby in a typo?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:27 am

Booney wrote:Might be Thebby in a typo?

ah right gotcha.
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:28 am

Hey, get excited mate, after 30 years you get a cafe!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:31 am

Geez, you'd suck at my job with those investigation skills!
Thanks for translating my gibberish Booney.
I should get a larger phone.

Crows might try harder in the SANFL finals now that the chimney will be in sight of their new grounds! ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:32 am

Booney wrote:Hey, get excited mate, after 30 years you get a cafe!

Surely they'll get a bar of some sort too (or as I alluded to before get the West Thebby involved)

PS Just discovered West The by wasnt a typo, it's the bloody phones spell check! :evil:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:37 am

Wedgie wrote:Geez, you'd suck at my job with those investigation skills!

Don't you just pour beers for pensioners?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:38 am

The Bedge wrote:

Work is for suckers. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:40 am

The Bedge wrote:

Nah mate, got bored of that a while back and moved back into office work almost 3 months ago.
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL