No votes
SMOSH WL
No votes
Westminster OS
3%

Total votes : 30

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I did find this though, I hope Scotch's #15 made a full recovery after this nasty incident at the 1:11:40 mark :lol: :lol:

What are you watching?

Do you mean 111:53 where he hurts his ankle?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I did find this though, I hope Scotch's #15 made a full recovery after this nasty incident at the 1:11:40 mark :lol: :lol:

What are you watching?

Do you mean 111:53 where he hurts his ankle?

Yeah, that one. WTF was he doing?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:and the worst thing is, if Scotch hadn't been bent over in round 1 against Seaton with a dodgy goal call, they would've been sitting in 5th regardless and none of this would've happened.

I couldn't find said decision.

I did find this though, I hope Scotch's #15 made a full recovery after this nasty incident at the 111:40 and a bit mark :lol: :lol:

https://www.dartfish.tv/Player?CR=p1320 ... 54m7084720

i think it was the last kick of the day or there abouts ... ask @Oldman he'd know
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Trader » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:20 pm

Yeah scotch #12 shanks the kick, one team mate tries to sell it but everyone else reacts as if its a point. Goal ump (young kid) doesn't really do much, field umpire comes in clearly indicating its a point, point is awarded.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:24 pm

Feel for the league with this, damned if the do damned if they don’t.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:26 pm

MoP wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:and the worst thing is, if Scotch hadn't been bent over in round 1 against Seaton with a dodgy goal call, they would've been sitting in 5th regardless and none of this would've happened.

I hope the $20k that WOS have spent to get on the park this week counts towards their salary cap :lol:

Go Towns!

Don't think anyone will be supporting WOS this weekend.

I am!
Carn The Dragons!!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Brodlach » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:27 pm

Wonder how many SOC will turn up to support Edwardstown
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby oldman » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:45 pm

Trader wrote:Yeah scotch #12 shanks the kick, one team mate tries to sell it but everyone else reacts as if its a point. Goal ump (young kid) doesn't really do much, field umpire comes in clearly indicating its a point, point is awarded.

You did miss 2 very important details. 1 is this was the second goal overturned on the day both by the same field umpire who was actually umpiring the A grade after umpiring the B grade where in both games he clearly new the Seaton players well enough to refer to the majority of them on first name basis. The 2nd detail missed is the fact that regardless of age it was the Seaton goal umpire who called the shot on goal a goal.

I do agree that #15 from scotch made a terrible decision in his action and the karma bus well and truly smacked him
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:02 pm

oldman wrote:You did miss 2 very important details. 1 is this was the second goal overturned on the day both by the same field umpire who was actually umpiring the A grade after umpiring the B grade where in both games he clearly new the Seaton players well enough to refer to the majority of them on first name basis. The 2nd detail missed is the fact that regardless of age it was the Seaton goal umpire who called the shot on goal a goal.

Classic.. :lol:

This line always makes me giggle - who gives a shit if he knows their first name - maybe as an umpire he's been around a long time? There are plenty of umpires getting around that players know by first name basis just through having them umpire regularly.

The fact people feel the need to try and insinuate that knowing someone impacts games is really clutching at straws.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:06 pm

How about when an umpire turns up in your opponents colours/club gear?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:07 pm

Brodlach wrote:How about when an umpire turns up in your opponents colours/club gear?

Yeah well that might be a little different.. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby locky801 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:18 pm

The Bedge wrote:
oldman wrote:You did miss 2 very important details. 1 is this was the second goal overturned on the day both by the same field umpire who was actually umpiring the A grade after umpiring the B grade where in both games he clearly new the Seaton players well enough to refer to the majority of them on first name basis. The 2nd detail missed is the fact that regardless of age it was the Seaton goal umpire who called the shot on goal a goal.

This line always makes me giggle - who gives a shit if he knows their first name - maybe as an umpire he's been around a long time? There are plenty of umpires getting around that players know by first name basis just through having them umpire regularly.

The fact people feel the need to try and insinuate that knowing someone impacts games is really clutching at straws.

Guy like Barry Lewis would know just about every player you would think, Mens and Womens ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Yank Man » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:58 pm

I hope the $20k that WOS have spent to get on the park this week counts towards their salary cap :lol:

Go Towns!

Reckon there will be a reasonable crowd there, Towns should at least cash in on the BBQ and canteen :D

Go Towns :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby oldman » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:51 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Not insinuating anything other than the fact that the umpire who made a couple of very dubious decisions definitely had a relationship with the Seaton players that day. I agree that plenty of umpires know players names but this was definitely different. Anyway Scotch weren't good enough to make finals both on and off the field they were beaten by Westminster.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby MoP » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:15 pm

Anyone disappointed to see Westminster lose today?
MoP

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:48 pm

MoP wrote:Anyone disappointed to see Westminster lose today?

Yes, me!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby MoP » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:57 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

Yes, me!

Any chance the SANFL tribunal can help out again?
MoP

Been liked: 10 times

Postby Bluedemon » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:05 pm

Nope
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:32 pm

They shouldn’t have been allowed to play.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Barracker1 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:40 pm

The biggest twist to this whole saga is that apparently the said player from South Augusta was a more than handy player and was deserving of a mention in the best players. Not mentioned which makes one think that WOS were maybe a tad more aware of their decision to play him and "played down" any possibility of highlighting said player. Anyway they took an unfair advantage, got caught and still wouldn't own up to it and at one stage were claiming mental health issues WTF. Moving on they were penalised and were justifiably dealt with. Didn't accept the decision by the governing bodies and appealed to the SANFL who overturned the decision by the SAAFL and CFL and bingo there you have it. Whichever way you look at it WOS didn't show due diligence in playing a country footballer when every other club in the SAAFL didn't BECAUSE they followed the rules and when found out claimed ignorance as an excuse. I'll repeat that EVERY OTHER CLUB IN THE SAAFL DIDNT PLAY A COUNTRY FOOTBALLER DURING COUNTRY FOOTBALL WEEK. They didn't deserve to be playing today and they have made a mockery of the league. Forget the BS of Scotch would have been flogged by Edwardstown completely irrelevant. WOS committee will have a lot to answer for in the future and justifiably so. Im going to look at the Div 3 fixture for 2023 and make sure Im at whichever ground for WOS V SOC as I reckon it'll be a cracker
Barracker1

Been liked: 24 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League