No votes
SMOSH WL
No votes
Westminster OS
3%

Total votes : 30

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:46 pm

Barracker1 wrote:The biggest twist to this whole saga is that apparently the said player from South Augusta was a more than handy player and was deserving of a mention in the best players. Not mentioned which makes one think that WOS were maybe a tad more aware of their decision to play him and "played down" any possibility of highlighting said player. Anyway they took an unfair advantage, got caught and still wouldn't own up to it and at one stage were claiming mental health issues WTF. Moving on they were penalised and were justifiably dealt with. Didn't accept the decision by the governing bodies and appealed to the SANFL who overturned the decision by the SAAFL and CFL and bingo there you have it. Whichever way you look at it WOS didn't show due diligence in playing a country footballer when every other club in the SAAFL didn't BECAUSE they followed the rules and when found out claimed ignorance as an excuse. I'll repeat that EVERY OTHER CLUB IN THE SAAFL DIDNT PLAY A COUNTRY FOOTBALLER DURING COUNTRY FOOTBALL WEEK. They didn't deserve to be playing today and they have made a mockery of the league. Forget the BS of Scotch would have been flogged by Edwardstown completely irrelevant. WOS committee will have a lot to answer for in the future and justifiably so. Im going to look at the Div 3 fixture for 2023 and make sure Im at whichever ground for WOS V SOC as I reckon it'll be a cracker

Massive understatement
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:33 pm

Barracker1 wrote:The biggest twist to this whole saga is that apparently the said player from South Augusta was a more than handy player and was deserving of a mention in the best players. Not mentioned which makes one think that WOS were maybe a tad more aware of their decision to play him and "played down" any possibility of highlighting said player. Anyway they took an unfair advantage, got caught and still wouldn't own up to it and at one stage were claiming mental health issues WTF. Moving on they were penalised and were justifiably dealt with. Didn't accept the decision by the governing bodies and appealed to the SANFL who overturned the decision by the SAAFL and CFL and bingo there you have it. Whichever way you look at it WOS didn't show due diligence in playing a country footballer when every other club in the SAAFL didn't BECAUSE they followed the rules and when found out claimed ignorance as an excuse. I'll repeat that EVERY OTHER CLUB IN THE SAAFL DIDNT PLAY A COUNTRY FOOTBALLER DURING COUNTRY FOOTBALL WEEK. They didn't deserve to be playing today and they have made a mockery of the league. Forget the BS of Scotch would have been flogged by Edwardstown completely irrelevant. WOS committee will have a lot to answer for in the future and justifiably so. Im going to look at the Div 3 fixture for 2023 and make sure Im at whichever ground for WOS V SOC as I reckon it'll be a cracker

WOS have built up a lot of respect over the years. They lost a fair bit of that from a lot of people I’ve spoken to from this. It’s funny how 60+ other clubs in the league didn’t have this issue. Dead set shithouse in my opinion.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:36 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:

WOS have built up a lot of respect over the years. They lost all respect from a lot of people I’ve spoken to from this. It’s funny how 60+ other clubs in the league didn’t have this issue. Dead set shithouse in my opinion.

EFA
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:38 am

Edwardstown was clearly the better side on Saturday BUT it was very poor form by the crowd to boo Westminster as they ran out onto the oval, the players didn't make the decision to appeal.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:00 am

gazzamagoo wrote:Edwardstown was clearly the better side on Saturday BUT it was very poor form by the crowd to boo Westminster as they ran out onto the oval, the players didn't make the decision to appeal.

WTF for? Very strange behaviour.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:14 am

Ah shucks bring out the tissues. Did you want them to line up the WOS Committee and boo at them. Booing a team to express displeasure at a clubs actions has been happening for 100 years.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:25 am

Down the Hill wrote:Ah shucks bring out the tissues. Did you want them to line up the WOS Committee and boo at them. Booing a team to express displeasure at a clubs actions has been happening for 100 years.

The AFL and media led me to believe it meant they were racists :roll:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:06 am

gazzamagoo wrote:Edwardstown was clearly the better side on Saturday BUT it was very poor form by the crowd to boo Westminster as they ran out onto the oval, the players didn't make the decision to appeal.

No point dragon it out.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:22 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

No point dragon it out.

Just highlights the different levels of education I suppose (here we go.......................) :D :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:04 am

Saturday 27th August

Harpers Field
2nd Semi-Final

Div 3 - Golden Grove v Flinders Park - 2:15pm
Div 3R - Golden Grove v Flinders Park - 12:15pm

Modbury Oval
1st Semi-Final

Div 3 - Modbury v Edwardstown - 2:15pm
Div 3R - Edwardstown v SMOSH Lakes - 12:15pm
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:25 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

No point dragon it out.

Just highlights the different levels of education I suppose (here we go.......................) :D :D

Grade 6 was the best 4 years of my life.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Hellboy » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:17 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

No point dragon it out.

Not sure using capitals mid sentence shows a high degree of education.

Notwithstanding, a very amusing (and Delusional (sic)) post by WOS.

And what does "Up against more than a team" mean?
Attachments
Cheats.png
Cheats.png (69.09 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
Hellboy
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:20 pm

Real "Us vs the world" mentality.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:14 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

No point dragon it out.

You mean between Scotch and Westminster? Yes, thousands apart 8)

Footy Chick

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:51 pm

Hellboy wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

No point dragon it out.

"The lads may not of..." :lol:
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby the smokey » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:34 pm

Hellboy wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

No point dragon it out.

Who else took the field for Edwardstown on Saturday??? Just trying to work out who else they were up against in a game of football. They can fluff it up all they want but I hope it was all worth finishing their season one week later!!
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:16 pm

Cyclists circling the oval in a menacing fashion?
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby MW » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:26 pm

Zelezny Chucks wrote:Cyclists circling the oval in a menacing fashion?

Brown Street Boys?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Sticks28 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:53 pm

Heard a rumour that Edwardstown called the league up to ask for the weekends final at modbury to be moved? Interesting.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Sass! » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:33 pm

Sticks28 wrote:Heard a rumour that Edwardstown called the league up to ask for the weekends final at modbury to be moved? Interesting.

I can't confirm if Edwardstown made a phone call but the league definitely reached out to see how the oval was holding up and also went and had a look themselves. We got given the all clear on Tuesday to say the games can go ahead. We havent trained at Modbury for two weeks and there were only Sunday games there last week so we are expecting it to be fine for Saturday.

In all honesty the deck has been in great condition all year, with the only exception to that being the round 18 game we played against Edwardstown where we had 20mm of rain and 2 Friday night games the day prior. It also poured all morning so was very heavy by the time the games started at 10:15. Maybe Edwardstown thought it could have only gotten worse since then.

Either way, we look forward to seeing them Saturday! (edited for accuracy).
Last edited by Sass! on Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League