2022 AFL offseason - trades - draft

Talk on the national game

Re: 2022 AFL offseason - trades - draft

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:18 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Rankine was Pick 3 and has franked that with good form, so that's your starting point.

Crows will jump as its someone that wants to come home, but gee they needs mids not small forwards.

+ ruckman + key defenders
Mids by far their biggest requirement IMO.

I think the growth of Schoenberg, Berry, Soligo ( looks a player ) the addition of Sloane, Rankine and Rachele pinch hitting adds a bit, throw in Dawson if they can get him in there and the mids get better. They need a ruckman who can give it to them.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby stan » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:26 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Rankine was Pick 3 and has franked that with good form, so that's your starting point.

Crows will jump as its someone that wants to come home, but gee they needs mids not small forwards.

+ ruckman + key defenders
Mids by far their biggest requirement IMO.

I think the growth of Schoenberg, Berry, Soligo ( looks a player ) the addition of Sloane, Rankine and Rachele pinch hitting adds a bit, throw in Dawson if they can get him in there and the mids get better. They need a ruckman who can give it to them.
Sloane I wouldn't expect much from. 33 and coming back from a knee.

Berry, Soligo and Schoenberg all look like good players.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby DOC » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:38 pm

Yep.

Gold Coast average a home crowd of 11,200. They are also the lowest rating team on tv. They are only there due to the reluctance of the AFL to admit that it was a mistake. A big mistake. They are almost entirely funded like GWS at the expense of football in South and Western Australia. GWS only average 9400 and that is in parts thanks to playing some games in Canberra. They do draw higher TV ratings which is due to having been a better team for a longer period.

A team each in Tasmania and the ACT will draw far bigger crowds and TV audiences and sponsorship. Easy enough to just move GWS to Canberra and give Gold Coast the bullet and put Tassie in.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2084 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:47 pm

DOC wrote:Yep.

Gold Coast average a home crowd of 11,200. They are also the lowest rating team on tv. They are only there due to the reluctance of the AFL to admit that it was a mistake. A big mistake. They are almost entirely funded like GWS at the expense of football in South and Western Australia. GWS only average 9400 and that is in parts thanks to playing some games in Canberra. They do draw higher TV ratings which is due to having been a better team for a longer period.

A team each in Tasmania and the ACT will draw far bigger crowds and TV audiences and sponsorship. Easy enough to just move GWS to Canberra and give Gold Coast the bullet and put Tassie in.

Demetriou made it clear from the start the Gold Coast was a 30 year project, they aren't pulling the pin or admitting they got it wrong after 10 years.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:50 pm

Adelaide = Destination Club ;)

:lol: :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:52 pm

Brodlach wrote:Adelaide = Destination Club ;)

Nice one Wedgie. 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:53 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Adelaide = Destination Club ;)

Nice one Wedgie. 8)

Low blow

(Wedgie :heart: )
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:55 pm

MW wrote:No Gold Coast franchise in history has been able to sustain any type of success. It could not be a worst place for a sporting organisation with young men involved.

Dick Johnson Racing, Stone Brothers Racing, Tekno Autosports and McElrea Racing have done alright and their surf life saving clubs have been prominent too! 8)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:58 pm

MW wrote:No Gold Coast franchise in history has been able to sustain any type of success. It could not be a worst place for a sporting organisation with young men involved.

I find it baffling.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:02 pm

Booney wrote:

Demetriou made it clear from the start the Gold Coast was a 30 year project, they aren't pulling the pin or admitting they got it wrong after 10 years.
It’s more than that though.
Biggest Auskick growth in the country and can’t get new ovals quick enough such is the demand. Every new development comes with a football oval up there and rugby fields are being converted.
Listening to a talent scout recently and QLD are starting to see the results come through and some are predicting that within a few years QLD will be dominating SA, WA and even the Vics at national carnivals
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:03 pm

Gold Coast is a slow burn, junior participation is massively on the rise.

They haven't lost anyone for a couple of years now, they are headed in the right direction.

Tassie would be a way worse place for young men.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby MW » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:15 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Gold Coast is a slow burn, junior participation is massively on the rise.

They haven't lost anyone for a couple of years now, they are headed in the right direction.

Tassie would be a way worse place for mankind.

EFA
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:20 pm

Pick 5 plus Matt Crouch a possible offer.

This is Gold Coast the club with the worst trading history in the AFL so don’t discount anything
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:23 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

It’s more than that though.
Biggest Auskick growth in the country and can’t get new ovals quick enough such is the demand. Every new development comes with a football oval up there and rugby fields are being converted.
Listening to a talent scout recently and QLD are starting to see the results come through and some are predicting that within a few years QLD will be dominating SA, WA and even the Vics at national carnivals

Dreaming. if QLD gets within 10 goals of the above in the national carnival they have done well.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby cracka » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:15 pm

Unless Rankine can add another level to his game like Rozee has done, I wouldn't be paying the rumoured $800k
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:31 pm

cracka wrote:Unless Rankine can add another level to his game like Rozee has done, I wouldn't be paying the rumoured $800k

Let’s be honest, him and Amon no one really knows the offers except certain people and everyone else is just speculating
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:32 pm

Brodlach wrote:
cracka wrote:Unless Rankine can add another level to his game like Rozee has done, I wouldn't be paying the rumoured $800k

Let’s be honest, him and Amon no one really knows the offers except certain people and everyone else is just speculating

You mean when "reporters" go with 800k per year and it doesn't get enough clicks, so they up it to 900k the next day?
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:37 pm

MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

You mean when "reporters" go with 800k per year and it doesn't get enough clicks, so they up it to 900k the next day?

I wonder why they use "reportedly" and "around" or "estimated" :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:58 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Because they are guessing ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:11 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

of course, hence why they can just plonk down any number they want until it gets the desired effect
MW
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL