AFL media

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL media

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:51 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I wish this Dayne Zorko thing would stop littering my newsfeeds etc.

Even Dayne Beams voiced his opinion, f*** me, surely even his kids wouldn't listen to him.

Beams has got kids?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:10 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I wish this Dayne Zorko thing would stop littering my newsfeeds etc.

Even Dayne Beams voiced his opinion, f*** me, surely even his kids wouldn't listen to him.

Beams has got kids?

I'm not Caro Wilson but probably.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:57 pm

David Brent wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Love Tomahawk but surely Gawns or Cripps should be Captain? (Gawn for me)
Even Tom Stewart is a VC where Hawk isn't.
What's the go there?
Do they now just give it to the person who has got in the team the most?

Gawn for me too. 6 time all Australian is some feat.

I don't understand giving it to someone who isn't captain of their club. However I assume one day there will be no club captain selected to give it to. Till then, it should go to the most appropriate club captain. For me, that's Gawny. In fact I'd go as far as saying that it is a bit of a snub not to give it to him.

I have no issue with it at all. This team doesn't play a match so the captain call isn't that important. Gawn was skipper last year, share the love. Its a great honour to a statesman of the game who is pretty well universally loved within the comp.

Who Hawkins? Geez, I would think 'loved' is a bit steep.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:19 pm

Hawkins deserved a spot over Lynch. Hawkins over 2 goal assists a game plus 50 goals. Lynch gives out less handballs than KB.
Hawkns shold not have been captain. Reckon he'd admit that himself. Cripps for me. Gave it absolutely everything to get the baggers into the eight.
Stewart the lucky Cat. Siciliy should have had his spot.
Reckon May a bit lucky too. Thought Barass did a great job in a shithouse team, no Lever or Petty helping him either.
Love the Blicavs selection. Geelong are so fortunate to have a player like him. A unique footballer who could end up being the difference this year.
Good to see umpires being recognised, they won't improve unless the best are honoured.

One person who I thought was worthy of a nom was Langdon. He tapered a bit towards the end of the year but his first half of the season was exceptional. He was at one stage on the field the ENTIRE TIME for about the first five rounds of the season and was a clear standout in his position. I reckon it's just a midfielder collection and one should have been dropped to include Witts.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:22 pm

tigerpie wrote:While we are all having a pick on AA team, Jack Crisp in for Saad for mine.

Ummm.....just no.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:27 pm

I’d listen to Ricky Nixon and Warwick Capper before Beams.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:36 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

Ha ha ha ha Capper. Man that dude is a massive dill. You have to wonder if it's all fair dinkum or he's taking the piss. I guess you'd have to know the dude to be sure.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:36 pm

Stewart missed 4 games, agreed he was lucky and I'd be happy to have him out and Barass in.

Is this the first year in a while the ruck role has been an easy pick? No Grundy, Naitanui, Ryder on the decline. Felt like Gawn was the best but it was a slim field, Witts the only other ruckman named in the squad.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10777 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
RB wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Rags to riches for Stengle
He could have been on $400 per game in the country if things had continued for him
I'm wondering if the Crows have any regrets about letting him go.

probably, but stengle and the crows just werent a good fit for eachother and the change of scenery has helped immensely

Getting out of SA would've been a huge factor too, chuck in the fact that Eddie would've taken him under his wing then it all works out for the best.

You can't overrate the influence of Betts on Stengle. He took Stengle under his wing under the Crows and when Eddie left Tyson lost that stabilising influene. When Eddie went to Geelong I thought we were a better than average chance of getting Stengle to the club. I watched him for the Eagles and it was obvious he was too good for the SANFL but even the most optimistic Cat supporter would not have predicted the output that Tyson has managed this season. He's made a massive difference to the Cats no Higgins thank ****.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:42 pm

Booney wrote:Stewart missed 4 games, agreed he was lucky and I'd be happy to have him out and Barass in.

Is this the first year in a while the ruck role has been an easy pick? No Grundy, Naitanui, Ryder on the decline. Felt like Gawn was the best but it was a slim field, Witts the only other ruckman named in the squad.

Witts was the one but the poor bastard was pretty gassed towards the back end of the season. Stewart is a great player but no way did he have the season he enjoyed last year, it's more than just the four games. There has even been a couple of matches where Zac Guthrie had outperformed him statistically. The good news for us is that Stewart, while still important, is no longer irreapplacable. Last year when he went down I knew we were shot.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:53 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
RB wrote:probably, but stengle and the crows just werent a good fit for eachother and the change of scenery has helped immensely

Getting out of SA would've been a huge factor too, chuck in the fact that Eddie would've taken him under his wing then it all works out for the best.

You can't overrate the influence of Betts on Stengle. He took Stengle under his wing under the Crows and when Eddie left Tyson lost that stabilising influene. When Eddie went to Geelong I thought we were a better than average chance of getting Stengle to the club. I watched him for the Eagles and it was obvious he was too good for the SANFL but even the most optimistic Cat supporter would not have predicted the output that Tyson has managed this season. He's made a massive difference to the Cats no Higgins thank ****.

regards,

REB

I think the new Indigenous Relations and Inclusion Manager at Geelong helped too! A talented young lady. 8)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:55 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

I could only listen to them after a few Beams.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:03 pm

Booney wrote:Stewart missed 4 games, agreed he was lucky and I'd be happy to have him out and Barass in.

I thought Darcy had a decent year, him, Engrish and Witts will be around the mark next year.

I can't believe ROB was 2nd on the hit outs list.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:07 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Ha ha ha ha Capper. Man that dude is a massive dill. You have to wonder if it's all fair dinkum or he's taking the piss. I guess you'd have to know the dude to be sure.

regards,

REB

He is a fair dinkum dill! When I was running a club we got a few of them in and he was the chop of the chops. Got to meet Chopper Read, Wazza, Peter Bosustow, Jacko and Greg Ritchie/Mahatma Cote. Pretty sure there was one more too, Ritchie as himself was hands down the most entertaining out of the lot of them, must've whoofed down 3/4's of a bottle of bundy in an hour before the show, his manager said the more piss you feed him the better the show will be.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:10 pm

I met Capper one night at the Grand.
Geezus, what a spinner, is even more out there in real life than what he is on TV! Just as stupid though.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:He is a fair dinkum dill! When I was running a club we got a few of them in and he was the chop of the chops. Got to meet Chopper Read, Wazza, Peter Bosustow, Jacko and Greg Ritchie/Mahatma Cote. Pretty sure there was one more too, Ritchie as himself was hands down the most entertaining out of the lot of them, must've whoofed down 3/4's of a bottle of bundy in an hour before the show, his manager said the more piss you feed him the better the show will be.

Sponsored a golf day in Perth years ago, our part was paying for the guest speaker so I got to introduce Ritchie to the room at dinner and he sat with us, ripping bloke and boy did he sink cans even though he was on the over nighter back to Brisbane! Plays off 2 from memory, not long but everything within a 5 iron was pin high, amazing iron player.

He's married to pro golfer Rachel Hetherington, they were living ( get this ) in a gated golf course community in Florida that had 120 homes, the only members of the golf club were the people who lived in those homes. :shock:

That's exclusive!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10777 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:25 pm

We had Doug Hawkins and Billy Brownless one night.
Ricky Nixon use to manage the roadshows back then and he was there.

Not too many brain cells there but it was a bloody funny night.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby locky801 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:54 pm

Been to many at Broadies over the years, mal brown was a classic but Thommo & Brownless took the cake (and drank all the piss)

Great night think i got home around 8.00am after heading the the hotel where they were staying to drink on
Last edited by locky801 on Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3705 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby Vamos » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:55 pm

Sam Jacobs a bit stiff to miss out on AA.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Vamos » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:57 pm

locky801 wrote:Been to many at Broadies over the years, mal brown was a classic but Thommo & Brownless took the cake (and drank all the piss)

Great night think i got home around 8.00am after heading the the hotel where they were staying to drink on (glad i have lost all that access weight)

1 (36).jpg

Didn't know Vic Mackey from The Shield was a Broadies fan.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL