6%
Rosewater
12%
Trinity OS
61%

Total votes : 33

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:10 am

BenchedEagle wrote:a massive crowd with a lot of those clubs players watching out at West Croydon on Saturday and the biggest drama of the day was some kid had a whistle in the crowd.

Well that's one game.. hopefully it can continue from all clubs in coming years and we can go back to how it used to be with some more local GF's.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:29 am

Who was the biggest winner from the weekend?

Was it West Croydon... was it Central United... or was it Smithfield? :-k
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Sugma » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:30 pm

Smithfield for sure
Sugma
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:21 am

Sugma wrote:Smithfield for sure

Do tell.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:34 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Sugma wrote:Smithfield for sure

Do tell.

Are they looking at coming back again??
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:48 am

Bluedemon wrote:Are they looking at coming back again??

According to a messenger article that I was unable to open, yes.

They try every year, it's a huge task.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Fricky » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:56 am

Smithfield Football Club begins recruitment, faces battle to join Adelaide Footy League in season 2023
A local footy club says it’s ready to return to competition after a two-year hiatus, but the Adelaide Footy League warns it faces an uphill battle to get there for season 2023.
A local footy club has launched a bid to rejoin the Adelaide Footy League after two years on the sidelines but faces a challenge to be accepted for season 2023.
The Smithfield Football Club elected to sit out of both the 2021 and 2022 seasons after a hit to playing troops and volunteers on the back of Covid-19.
Despite its recent challenges, vice president Jess Collis said the 110-year-old northern club would be ready to return to senior men’s competition by next year.
“We’ve been looking to recruit new and old players and with a list of 55 players at minimum needed we’ve already got 45 names ready to go,” Collis said.
Smithfield Football Club's division five team in 2019, one of the last seasons the club fielded a senior men’s side. Picture: Supplied, Smithfield Football Club
“Right now we’re really keen to fill the basic A and B Grade sides for next season and build off that.”
The club has been fielding junior sides during its hiatus from senior play throughout 2021 and 2022 and has been able to consistently compete at that level.
However, Collis admitted the Panthers still faced hurdles to re-enter the Adelaide Footy League in 2023 despite a reinvigoration within their walls.
“Things are feeling really different this year with juniors really developing for the future and we’re really pushing a healthy culture and image change within the club – something myself and president Ryan Hocking are passionate about.
Ryan Hocking – president and Dwayne Nisbet – football development manager are eager for the Smithfield Football Club to return to the Adelaide Footy League in 2023. Picture: Kelly Barnes
“At the moment we are looking really healthy.
“We are hopeful we will be accepted back to the Adelaide Footy League but we still have to convince the league that we can be successful and that our return would not be at the detriment of surrounding clubs.”
Adelaide Footy League chief John Kernahan admired Smithfield’s hunger to return to play but said league regulations and concern for other northern clubs would create a challenge for the Panthers.
“We certainly appreciate the Smithfield Football Club’s appetite to reinvigorate their club and we accept that football clubs are crucial to community engagement,” Kernahan said.
Adelaide Footy League chief John Kernahan said Smithfield would face a challenge to be eligible for season 2023. Picture: Tricia Watkinson
“Our regulations regarding admission to the League are split in two – existing and new (clubs) – and by default and sheer circumstance, Smithfield is no longer a club applying as an existing member.
“The league cannot accept nomination for any club if they did not compete in the season before they are making application, which is based on a common understanding that we are overpopulated by clubs in general.
“If Smithfield is to return, it cannot be at the demise of neighbouring and existing member clubs – it serves no purpose to grant it a spot if it means a Central United, Eastern Park or Brahma Lodge are forced into recess at worse or diluting viability at best because their players are enticed to a new club.”
Smithfield will continue to push for eligibility ahead of season 2023.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:09 pm

Thanks Fricky.

The volunteers have done an amazing job out there, junior numbers have increased 300% over the past couple of years, they hosted a junior indigenous round and ran a comp to design the guernsey for it (which looked amazing btw).

They have definitely made it a warm "family" orientated club, they have utilized the kitchen to make takeaway meals for the general public and from what I've seen their committee has a get in and do it approach. They are a relatively young committee too so I can see them sticking around for the long haul.

Having a successful under 16's side this season is a massive step towards getting a senior side together, after reading that article I have a lot more faith in them re-emerging than I did yesterday, if they have 45 names already, they would have 45 legitimate names.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:26 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote: if they have 45 names already, they would have 45 legitimate names.

Just a shame majority of the 45 names come from 4 clubs... not new names.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:35 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote: if they have 45 names already, they would have 45 legitimate names.

Just a shame majority of the 45 names come from 4 clubs... not new names.

PM me your info.

I haven't seen any advertisement for a coach.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:58 pm

From50 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:What a load of crap.

"An Adelaide Footy League club has set itself up for a major turnaround in 2022 as it battles to move back up to division five."

So the club who asked to go down is now faces the "major task of getting the club promoted from division six.".. umm you could've just stayed in D5.

"Preseason has looked positive for the Hawks, and with the season fast-approaching players had bought in on the process of turning the club around."

Well no shit, you dropped a division FFS..

Can't believe you get sort of article, you poor **** must've been tough taking the easy option out. :roll:

Bedge. You need to settle down.
You have absolutely zero idea of what my football club has been through since the end of last season.
You forget this is just an Adelaide footy league with local people trying to keep community alive and enjoy a football club and become part of something.

Let me know when the keys of your club are in the door ready to lock it up one last time.
When the core players that have come through the last full junior program to play 300+ senior games are sitting there stressed about something important in their life may come to an end.
Volunteers who have given 40+ years of their life to keep the place running with fundraising and all the little things in between.

Tell me when you get to that point what you would do.
You are a forum fossil and the only relevance you have is being on this forum Blurting utter bullshit like Kane Cornes.

We’ve flirted with these lines before but this was the darkest time of all of them.
The option we had in 99/2000 to have one team is not available anymore.
We spoke about going to 7 with the league.
Asked if it we could have one team in the Cdivs
But we fell on going to 6 and are having a swing. Atleast we aren’t giving up and having a go.

I’ll be more stoked if the bar stays open and the patrons, players and all involved are just bloody happy.

You can speculate your bullshit all you want and do it on here but you wouldn’t come to the place and say it to the faces of the people that are doing the work.
Say it to thommo I’m sure he’d really appreciate it.
Bravely took on a task that no one here would take on.
Go to another club with no connection and try build something with a list of maybe 7-10 players.

But as per… you know fa and you think you got it but in reality you don’t.
You forget this is just local footy.. we all love it and want to be apart of it. To keep the club going is a GF right now for us and if it does you can come down or I’ll come to you and peacock around all you want.

You are to caught up mate. Get your info right first and then comment or if you got nothing substantial to say shut up.

Get a grip.

Good luck in the Grand Final next week. ;)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:13 pm

**** sakes now I’m conflicted.. I wanna take the Mickey out of West Croydon but I’m gonna have to go for them next week coz my hatred for Trinity trumps all! :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:41 pm

I know talk is D6 GF at Mitcham.. but I’m gonna lobby for it to be at Kilburn.

Trinity v Units
Trinity v West Croydon

Kilburn for the win.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Sugma » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:50 pm

The Bedge wrote:**** sakes now I’m conflicted.. I wanna take the Mickey out of West Croydon but I’m gonna have to go for them next week coz my hatred for Trinity trumps all! :lol:

West Croydon gonna lose players next year and will ask to stay in div 6 again. If not there gonna be like they where in 2021 and just struggle again
Sugma
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Bluedemon » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:39 pm

Saturday 10th September

Grand Final
Campbelltown Oval

Div 6 - Trinity OS v West Croydon - 3:00pm
Div 6R - Trinity OS v Central United - 1:00pm
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Hurambe » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:42 pm

The Bedge wrote:**** sakes now I’m conflicted.. I wanna take the Mickey out of West Croydon but I’m gonna have to go for them next week coz my hatred for Trinity trumps all! :lol:

Shouldn't bother you to much. You will be down in 7Rs and Trinity in div 5. The way the Farmers are travelling there is no risk of you crossing paths with TOS for a long time.
Hurambe
Mini-League

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:21 am

Hurambe wrote:

Shouldn't bother you to much. You will be down in 7Rs and Trinity in div 5. The way the Farmers are travelling there is no risk of you crossing paths with TOS for a long time.

Yep, just a whole new division of clubs for the Tossers to inevitably piss off :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:26 am

Hurambe wrote:

Great point! Good luck Saturday.. i think it’s absolutely wonderful the two clubs who didn’t want to play D5 this year are now puffing their chests out and bragging about playing D5 next year. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:21 am

And a quaddy of GFs if the fixture stays as is.

9am C8 - Hen v FP
11am C7 - SPOC v Iggies
1pm D6R - TOS v CU
3pm D6 - TOS v WC

An interesting mix of clubs at Campbelltown this Saturday.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Burner » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:24 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Hurambe wrote:

Great point! Good luck Saturday.. i think it’s absolutely wonderful the two clubs who didn’t want to play D5 this year are now puffing their chests out and bragging about playing D5 next year. 8)

Hahaha great shout
Burner

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League