With a bit of rain this week they are going to be some muddy GFs at The Parade
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 2

Postby marbles » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:24 pm

great to see havens doing so well, getting super close to div 1 but not quite this year,

my mate plays in their d grade and he tells me their Agrade a great but the rest of their grades get flogged :D so div 1 might not be a good thing just yet
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby marbles » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:27 pm

hot tip: wrestle in the mud in the warm up
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:49 pm

marbles wrote:great to see havens doing so well, getting super close to div 1 but not quite this year,

my mate plays in their d grade and he tells me their Agrade a great but the rest of their grades get flogged :D so div 1 might not be a good thing just yet

This is honestly spot on. Very good season by the A grade in the clubs first year in Div 2 while the other grades really struggled as the results and ladder positions would suggest. My interest as the season went on certainly waned and was glad when it ended.
Some people at NH might disagree with me but it would of been detrimental if we up into Div 1, would've been too hard on the guys in the B's and C's to stay motivated to play after a poor season only to go up another grade. We have lost alot of depth over the last four years and it's really showed this season, hopefully that can be fixed going forward before we go up into Div 1.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby valleys07 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:17 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
marbles wrote:great to see havens doing so well, getting super close to div 1 but not quite this year,

This is honestly spot on. Very good season by the A grade in the clubs first year in Div 2 while the other grades really struggled as the results and ladder positions would suggest. My interest as the season went on certainly waned and was glad when it ended.
Some people at NH might disagree with me but it would of been detrimental if we up into Div 1, would've been too hard on the guys in the B's and C's to stay motivated to play after a poor season only to go up another grade. We have lost alot of depth over the last four years and it's really showed this season, hopefully that can be fixed going forward before we go up into Div 1.

It's not a ridiculous observation, TDK. I share the same concerns with HV and their promotion to Division 3 next year.

On one hand I couldn't be happier for all involved. Seeing our club rise to heights that it hasn't seen in nearly 30 years is magnificent, but our depth is going to be seriously challenged now as Division 3 is no playground. Our B Grade hasn't been seriously competitive since the 2018 Reserves GF and in spite of the successful run of 2017-2019 for the C Grade- there has been significant change in that squad, who have found C4 tough going and will find C3 significantly tougher, in comparison with what it has been up against in C5.

In saying that - back when I was on the committee and playing A grade in the early 2010's, playing in Division 3 seemed a pipe dream. HV have always been up against it in that North East pocket of clubs which includes TTG, Modbury, Athelstone, GG, Payneham and Gaza - all D1&2 / Former D1& 2 powerhouses (with the exception of GG who have made the climb from D6 like us) - and we have had to fight tooth and nail to keep promising juniors who leave for greener pastures in higher divisions/leagues. I haven't been closely involved with HV for a couple of seasons now, but I am really excited to go and watch the lads on Saturday, and for the what the next 12 months holds for them. Hopefully for your sake, Havens can consolidate in D2 and become competitive, preparing for that jump to Division 1.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby TheTranzlator » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:31 pm

valleys07 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

It's not a ridiculous observation, TDK. I share the same concerns with HV and their promotion to Division 3 next year.

On one hand I couldn't be happier for all involved. Seeing our club rise to heights that it hasn't seen in nearly 30 years is magnificent, but our depth is going to be seriously challenged now as Division 3 is no playground. Our B Grade hasn't been seriously competitive since the 2018 Reserves GF and in spite of the successful run of 2017-2019 for the C Grade- there has been significant change in that squad, who have found C4 tough going and will find C3 significantly tougher, in comparison with what it has been up against in C5.

In saying that - back when I was on the committee and playing A grade in the early 2010's, playing in Division 3 seemed a pipe dream. HV have always been up against it in that North East pocket of clubs which includes TTG, Modbury, Athelstone, GG, Payneham and Gaza - all D1&2 / Former D1& 2 powerhouses (with the exception of GG who have made the climb from D6 like us) - and we have had to fight tooth and nail to keep promising juniors who leave for greener pastures in higher divisions/leagues. I haven't been closely involved with HV for a couple of seasons now, but I am really excited to go and watch the lads on Saturday, and for the what the next 12 months holds for them. Hopefully for your sake, Havens can consolidate in D2 and become competitive, preparing for that jump to Division 1.

Yep, was the same with Glenunga with their rise up the divisions, their B and C grade have struggled (Bar the C's making the finals in C4), their Bs haven't made the finals for sometime. This year, their B grade missed out again but were extremely competitive with a very young side, think average was around 21/22 and looks like it will bode will for the future. Unfortunately the C grade took a hammering, but the morale and effort was still high among the group.
TheTranzlator
Mini-League

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:32 pm

Bluedemon wrote:I see Henley are on the search for a Senior Men's coach

Henley are advertising all positions. Looking for a new voice in all grades.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:48 pm

The other problem with maintaining reserves strength as you go up the grades is that inevitably if you have a good year you'll get raided/the reserves coach will be appointed to a D5 or D6 club and you lose the best ones to play at a lower level (could a 1R side beat a D6 side)?

For all the ridiculousness of Goodwood's consistency in A Grade over the years that they keep rolling out premiership winning reserves and c grades is almost more freakish.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:56 pm

jo172 wrote:The other problem with maintaining reserves strength as you go up the grades is that inevitably if you have a good year you'll get raided/the reserves coach will be appointed to a D5 or D6 club and you lose the best ones to play at a lower level (could a 1R side beat a D6 side)?

For all the ridiculousness of Goodwood's consistency in A Grade over the years that they keep rolling out premiership winning reserves and c grades is almost more freakish.

Plenty of Div 1 premiership players in last weeks Goody Saints v PAOC C1 final
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:49 pm

Broadview winning the B grade from 4th spot is certainly a surprise, both PHOS and SHOC were very good teams so to beat SHOC in the PF and PHOS today is a great effort.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby locky801 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:24 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Broadview winning the B grade from 4th spot is certainly a surprise, both PHOS and SHOC were very good teams so to beat SHOC in the PF and PHOS today is a great effort.

First B Grade premiership at Broadview for 29 years, no one in the team was born when the last one was won :shock:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3695 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby locky801 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:31 pm

Broadview A grade by 11 points in a real hard slugfest at the Parade against SHOC.

Dont tell me crowds dont make a difference, there was a huge Broadview supporter base there today and the noise they made at 3/4 time matched the noise of the North Grog squad and supporters all those years ago in the Prelim final when Jarman took the side over to them. It certainly lifted the players and helped get them home.

SHOC can certainly hold their heads high, led for most the day and game wasn't done and dusted until the final siren with Broadies kicking one on the siren
locky801
Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:58 pm

2022 Premiers

Div 2 - Brodview
Div 2R - Broadview
C2 - Henley Sharks
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:08 pm

Massive crowd at Broadies last night. Player presentations held outside the club rooms under the Steve Wintle Pavillion and on the oval.
Biggest crowd seen in years.

29 years for the B Grade

13 years for the A Grade

29 years since an A & B Grade double.

3rd time it has been done, 1987, 89 & 93.

Few other records and hoodoos smashed this year will list them later on once I've had a good sleep.

2 FROM 2 IN 2022
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby locky801 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:22 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Massive crowd at Broadies last night. Player presentations held outside the club rooms under the Steve Wintle Pavillion and on the oval.

29 years for the B Grade

13 years for the A Grade

Few other records and hoodoos smashed this year will list them later on once I've had a good sleep.

2 FROM 2 IN 2022

now the real hard work begins, wish you luck in 2023
locky801
Coach

Postby jo172 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:09 pm

locky801 wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Massive crowd at Broadies last night. Player presentations held outside the club rooms under the Steve Wintle Pavillion and on the oval.

29 years for the B Grade

13 years for the A Grade

2 FROM 2 IN 2022

now the real hard work begins, wish you luck in 2023

Indeed, the final frontier.

Seeking special leave and successfully appealing to the High Court
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:35 pm

Was mentioned to me on the weekend Petrenko off to Portland next year with also Paddy Ryder heading there.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:52 pm

Arch44 wrote:Was mentioned to me on the weekend Petrenko off to Portland next year with also Paddy Ryder heading there.

Big fella's gonna be busy on Saturday's, I heard he was suiting up elsewhere.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:55 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Was mentioned to me on the weekend Petrenko off to Portland next year with also Paddy Ryder heading there.

Big fella's gonna be busy on Saturday's, I heard he was suiting up elsewhere.

Virginia.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:53 pm

Time will tell I guess, dont think he will be the only one moving on if true ;)
locky801
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League