6%
Rosewater
12%
Trinity OS
61%

Total votes : 33

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby Pag » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:44 am

I reckon if it was a proper sit-down show with dinner and drinks etc, maybe two divs per night (ie Div3/4 together), each club with a table of 10, I reckon it'd be well attended.

Hell of a lot of work to organise though if you're doing 3-4 of them though.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:36 pm

Pag wrote:I reckon if it was a proper sit-down show with dinner and drinks etc, maybe two divs per night (ie Div3/4 together), each club with a table of 10, I reckon it'd be well attended.

I must be really old fashioned because I think nights like that are great.

We had the two top vote getters for each club in both a grade and b grade invited. Obviously the coaches go plus any team of the year players who received a medal, leading goal kickers etc then there is alway a couple of old stalwarts who like a free feed. I think we had a table of 8. Some of the non finals playing teams really got stuck in including getting a bus to the night

It still surprises me the difference between city and country. Our night would have got at least 60-70 there 8 people a club minimum and it was held at Eudunda which was two hours from Redhill, hour from Clare and the same from Burra and Blyth.

Clubs take in turns hosting it once every 8 years but it’s a good money spinner when you do….plenty of drinks getting sold over the bar. Obviously it’s a bit different in ammos with teams moving up and down divisions and having suitable clubrooms.

Was a bit of a slow night but all in all a good one.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:03 pm

whufc wrote:
Pag wrote:I reckon if it was a proper sit-down show with dinner and drinks etc, maybe two divs per night (ie Div3/4 together), each club with a table of 10, I reckon it'd be well attended.

I must be really old fashioned because I think nights like that are great.

We had the two top vote getters for each club in both a grade and b grade invited. Obviously the coaches go plus any team of the year players who received a medal, leading goal kickers etc then there is alway a couple of old stalwarts who like a free feed. I think we had a table of 8. Some of the non finals playing teams really got stuck in including getting a bus to the night

It still surprises me the difference between city and country. Our night would have got at least 60-70 there 8 people a club minimum and it was held at Eudunda which was two hours from Redhill, hour from Clare and the same from Burra and Blyth.

Clubs take in turns hosting it once every 8 years but it’s a good money spinner when you do….plenty of drinks getting sold over the bar. Obviously it’s a bit different in ammos with teams moving up and down divisions and having suitable clubrooms.

Was a bit of a slow night but all in all a good one.

Comparing country footy to metro is like comparing apples to oranges, there's a rich history at every match, it's town vs town, family vs family and twice a year where old Farmer Jones meets old Farmer Smith for a few beers to watch their sons and grandsons play and talk about the old days when they played against each other.

It used to be around in the CDFA/NMFL but when there's around 60 clubs with a promotion/relegation system happening, it just can't be replicated.

There is just a total different feel to the place upon arrival.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:25 pm

Yeah I grew up watching the step dad playing in the cdfa days. Pretty much rolling brawls with footy on the side ;)

I’m just really old fashioned and need to move with the times.
whufc
Coach

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:02 pm

Bluedemon wrote:Saturday 10th September

Grand Final
Campbelltown Oval

Div 6 - Trinity OS v West Croydon - 3:00pm
Div 6R - Trinity OS v Central United - 1:00pm

Hope West Croydon and Units can do the competition a favour and beat the 'Div 5 is too hard' club
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Sticks28 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:08 pm

Under_Scrutiny wrote:

Grand Final
Campbelltown Oval

Hope West Croydon and Units can do the competition a favour and beat the 'Div 5 is too hard' club

West croydon as a club were weak as piss too - dropping down from div 5 cause they would get spanked every game. I'd put them in the same bracket as trinity if not worse
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Sugma » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:24 pm

Sticks28 wrote:
Under_Scrutiny wrote:

Grand Final
Campbelltown Oval

West croydon as a club were weak as piss too - dropping down from div 5 cause they would get spanked every game. I'd put them in the same bracket as trinity if not worse

Do we 100% know that trinity got the option over Blackfries. Apparently someone from the blackies committee had a connection to get them to div5 over trinity. Wish Marion was in the grandfinal over west Croydon but oh well
Sugma
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby The Bedge » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:37 pm

They were offered a place, from all reports took the best part of a month to make a decision before electing to stay down. That’s when BOS were asked.

BOS were involved in the process from the start and informed that if TOS turned it down, they’d be next in line to take the opportunity.

A reliable TOS source informed that they didn’t feel they were in a position to move up - had planned, prepared, budgeted and build for D6 with a view to moving up to D5 in 2023. Also suggested had they had more time perhaps they would’ve considered more strongly.

Although Hurambe has declared time and time again I have no idea what I’m talking about - so believe what you will. 8) :lol:

Moving on from TOS though - where to for WC? A return to D5.. and if they lose some of their A grade this year, then what? Precariously placed one would think.. may end up seeing a repeat of this season yet again, and remaining in D6 by choosing not to accept promotion.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Sugma » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:51 pm

The Bedge wrote:They were offered a place, from all reports took the best part of a month to make a decision before electing to stay down. That’s when BOS were asked.

BOS were involved in the process from the start and informed that if TOS turned it down, they’d be next in line to take the opportunity.

A reliable TOS source informed that they didn’t feel they were in a position to move up - had planned, prepared, budgeted and build for D6 with a view to moving up to D5 in 2023. Also suggested had they had more time perhaps they would’ve considered more strongly.

Although Hurambe has declared time and time again I have no idea what I’m talking about - so believe what you will. 8) :lol:

Moving on from TOS though - where to for WC? A return to D5.. and if they lose some of their A grade this year, then what? Precariously placed one would think.. may end up seeing a repeat of this season yet again, and remaining in D6 by choosing not to accept promotion.

Will WC coach stay next year aswell, he leaves and you’d think a few players would definitely follow him
Sugma
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Wounderworld » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:04 pm

The Bedge wrote:They were offered a place, from all reports took the best part of a month to make a decision before electing to stay down. That’s when BOS were asked.

WC returning to div5 will unfortunately be the same situation struggle town. probably won't win a game if a bunch of the A grade players partways
Wounderworld
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Wounderworld » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:54 pm

Rumour has it fair few players will be jumping ship from Brahma to Salisbury next year any truth? Trav smith potential next coach at Brahma Lodge :shock:
Wounderworld
Mini-League

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:30 am

Wounderworld wrote:

WC returning to div5 will unfortunately be the same situation struggle town. probably won't win a game if a bunch of the A grade players partways

Is there talk that a bunch will be leaving WC next year already.....????

Only going off facebook but the few i know seem to be pretty happy at the club.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:51 am

whufc wrote:Is there talk that a bunch will be leaving WC next year already.....????.

Nah
The Bedge
Coach

Postby oldman » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:06 am

Any announcements to come out of Ingle Farm Bedge? So important positions within the club looking for new people to fill them.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:22 am

oldman wrote:Any announcements to come out of Ingle Farm Bedge? So important positions within the club looking for new people to fill them.

Nope.

AGM and Presentation Saturday, so incoming committee will be announced then, and i'd expect the senior coach position to be finalised and announced soon after at a guess.

Cricket season for me - I've got only a couple of weeks to finalise everything before matches kick off!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:37 pm

Someone from Trinity purchase a new car? 8) :lol:

Fk Bedgegood.jpg
Fk Bedgegood.jpg (26.42 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:17 pm

Units register their first score if the game in the closing minutes of the match :shock:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Wounderworld » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:38 pm

Central United are a joke
Wounderworld
Mini-League

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:44 pm

Was that Aaron Frith that was carried off last week in the arms of trainers with what looked like pretty severe concussion? If it was, I’m shocked to see him named today because he didn’t look well…
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:34 pm

Wounderworld wrote:Central United are a joke

Sounds like they didn’t make any friends today.. and certain individuals might come under fire during the week.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League