The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:07 pm

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I must admit, I am not much into politics. However, I have always been a Liberal voter but I tell you what, that drongo currently in charge of the Libs at the moment is terrible. If he continues, Mr Malinauskas has no issue losing his position. I'm actually warming to Pete. I wonder if the same thing is happening with other people like me who aren't big on politics regarding their thoughts on this bloke currently in charge of the Libs?

Agree

But note Labor are making Malinauskas the pin up boy for people like you - Mr Popular on every issue

Well they're doing a good job. Mind you, as long as that other bloke is in charge of the Libs, everyone else will look good so they need to change that quick smart.

If only Speirs was their actual problem.

The modern day SA Libs are the most inept organization SA politics has seen. They knife each other at the drop of a hat. Their factions are built on their old school tie meetings at the Adelaide Club and old family money dictates their moves. They don't listen to the people. They don't listen to the most powerful unions.

Keep in mind child protection and transforming health were in an absolute mess under Labor and these clowns got themselves kicked out after just one term.

Speirs is their best bet, that's how shit they are.
The Libs absolutely are a laughing stock and won’t be back in power anytime soon.
They should pay no attention to Unions in the slightest though, hopefully will be a thing of the past soon enough
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby DOC » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:21 pm

Your average everyday worker needs a union/association or whatever title the collective group decides to use in order to represent theirselves. It is not possible in the vast majority of major enterprises to negotiate in any other way.

I am not saying that there are not bad unions or indeed bad people who are union members. I have the same reasoning on employers and their associations. Not all are bad either.

There are many employers who work closely with unions. There are even unions that work closely with employers especially during tough economic times.

Not every union is the CFMEU.

Not every employer is OTR.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:23 pm

Jim05 wrote:They should pay no attention to Unions in the slightest though, hopefully will be a thing of the past soon enough

Not sure what lala land you live in.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:31 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:They should pay no attention to Unions in the slightest though, hopefully will be a thing of the past soon enough

Union membership is heading downwards sharply in many sectors and in some it’s nearly non existent.
They haven’t got anywhere near the power they once had
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:34 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Union membership is heading downwards sharply in many sectors and in some it’s nearly non existent.

I've just had to explain to the office what I'm laughing at.

Now we're all in tears! Thanks Jim. Good times. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:38 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

I've just had to explain to the office what I'm laughing at.

Now we're all in tears! Thanks Jim. Good times. :lol:
Glad to keep you amused if you think they have the same power they did even 15 years ago.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:43 pm

The current premier ran the shoppies.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:44 pm

Jim05 wrote:Glad to keep you amused if you think they have the same power they did even 15 years ago.

What you say is true but what do we have to show for it?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:55 pm

Booney wrote:The current premier ran the shoppies.

Strange that he was so against changing the shopping hours when he ran the shoppies plus in opposition (talk about living in the past) but is now leading the charge to change them.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:55 pm

Booney wrote:The current premier ran the shoppies.
Many Labor leaders have come from Union backgrounds obviously doesn’t mean they have the power they once did.
Why do you think people have deserted unions in droves in the last 10-15 years?
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:07 pm

MW wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I must admit, I am not much into politics. However, I have always been a Liberal voter but I tell you what, that drongo currently in charge of the Libs at the moment is terrible. If he continues, Mr Malinauskas has no issue losing his position. I'm actually warming to Pete. I wonder if the same thing is happening with other people like me who aren't big on politics regarding their thoughts on this bloke currently in charge of the Libs?

Agree

But note Labor are making Malinauskas the pin up boy for people like you - Mr Popular on every issue

Fancy a politician listening to the people and having policies that people agree with

It would be good if they were policies or there was more than 5 minutes thought put into it other than: "Will he look good if he supports this?" (eg) supermarket v hospital carparking.

What Westfield want to stop are the all day parkers who jump on the O Bahn to go to the city. They want to charge after 3 hours. Is that unreasonable? Will it deter the all day parkers?

If he, and his minders had thought for 5 minutes, they would have seen the UWU using it against him with the hospital parking charge.

Extend that O Bahn problem: Should they charge to attend the RAH? :shock: I bet SA Health have looked / are looking at the ramifications. Probably fix ramping overnight
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:28 am

Jim is correct that Union membership is declining.
And as such you have seen in the past Unions merge together.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:28 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Jim is correct that Union membership is declining.
And as such you have seen in the past Unions merge together.
Attachments
TUM.jpg
TUM.jpg (78.93 KiB) Viewed 3055 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:56 pm

I reckon our yard would be 85-90% unionised.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:01 pm

Spargo wrote:I reckon our yard would be 85-90% unionised.

That would be against the tide.
But it is good to see.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:26 pm

The South Australian Liberal Party has called in police over a significant data breach involving the personal details of 2000 members.

Detectives are investigating allegations that party officials were impersonated as part of a deception that access names, addresses, phone numbers and other personal details of party members.

In an email to members on Friday morning, three days after police were called, the party said it “recently received a number of seemingly routine requests for certain membership lists”.

“These requests were subsequently determined to be fraudulently undertaken, involving the electronic impersonation of Liberal Party office bearers entitled to receive membership lists under our constitution,” the email said.

“Details such as your name, physical address, email address and phone numbers were released as part of this activity.

“As a party we take these matters seriously and have reported the matter to the relevant authorities.”

Party sources said the breach affects at least three major electorates, and the newly-formed state executive comprising the party’s most senior officials were briefed on the breach at an emergency meeting last night.

Concerns were raised more than a week ago. Police were notified on Tuesday.

In a statement, Liberal Party SA division state director Alex May said the party respects the privacy of members, “which is why we are disappointed there has recently been some unauthorised access to a number of membership lists”.

“The lists contained addresses and phone numbers of approximately 2000 party members,” she said.

“No financial details were accessed. Affected members have been informed directly and the expert advice received is that the accessing of these contact details is unlikely to create a risk of serious harm to individuals.

“As a party we take these matters seriously and have reported the matter to the relevant authorities, including police.”

In response to inquiries, an SA Police spokesman urged anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers.

“Eastern District Criminal Investigation Branch have recently commenced an investigation into deception offences which involves the alleged release of details of members of a political party,” he said.

“The breach was reported to police on 25 October.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dinglinga75 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:52 am

Booney wrote:The South Australian Liberal Party has called in police over a significant data breach involving the personal details of 2000 members.

Detectives are investigating allegations that party officials were impersonated as part of a deception that access names, addresses, phone numbers and other personal details of party members.

In an email to members on Friday morning, three days after police were called, the party said it “recently received a number of seemingly routine requests for certain membership lists”.

“These requests were subsequently determined to be fraudulently undertaken, involving the electronic impersonation of Liberal Party office bearers entitled to receive membership lists under our constitution,” the email said.

“Details such as your name, physical address, email address and phone numbers were released as part of this activity.

“As a party we take these matters seriously and have reported the matter to the relevant authorities.”

Party sources said the breach affects at least three major electorates, and the newly-formed state executive comprising the party’s most senior officials were briefed on the breach at an emergency meeting last night.

Concerns were raised more than a week ago. Police were notified on Tuesday.

In a statement, Liberal Party SA division state director Alex May said the party respects the privacy of members, “which is why we are disappointed there has recently been some unauthorised access to a number of membership lists”.

“The lists contained addresses and phone numbers of approximately 2000 party members,” she said.

“No financial details were accessed. Affected members have been informed directly and the expert advice received is that the accessing of these contact details is unlikely to create a risk of serious harm to individuals.

“As a party we take these matters seriously and have reported the matter to the relevant authorities, including police.”

In response to inquiries, an SA Police spokesman urged anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers.

“Eastern District Criminal Investigation Branch have recently commenced an investigation into deception offences which involves the alleged release of details of members of a political party,” he said.

“The breach was reported to police on 25 October.

Jeez took the police 3 years to realise that the Libs were impersonating as a government
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:50 pm

now the Libs start attacking the ramping issue and Labor have 0 answers. i briefly heard Picton on radio this morning, sounds exactly like Jack Snelling when he was in the role. :lol:
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:25 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:now the Libs start attacking the ramping issue and Labor have 0 answers. i briefly heard Picton on radio this morning, sounds exactly like Jack Snelling when he was in the role. :lol:

He had all the answers for 4 years then <POOF> Nothing except blame the previous government
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:25 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:now the Libs start attacking the ramping issue and Labor have 0 answers. i briefly heard Picton on radio this morning, sounds exactly like Jack Snelling when he was in the role. :lol:

He had all the answers for 4 years then <POOF> Nothing except blame the previous government

I hope he also blamed the previous previous government as well
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics