I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Corona Man » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:35 pm

Cats and Roosters going deep in September I can believe it!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:00 pm

Corona Man wrote:Cats and Roosters going deep in September I can believe it!

Cocks and pussies
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:09 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Cats and Roosters going deep in September I can believe it!

Cocks and pussies

And there it is!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:57 am

The powerball winner at Snowtown, does she take her $40mill to the bank?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:26 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The powerball winner at Snowtown, does she take her $40mill to the bank?

That’ll be a barrel of laughs
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:20 pm

Who's peepers are on their way out?

I discovered about 7 years ago that I was struggling to see at a distance in late afternoon light and had troubles reading the animated numbers on the racing screen or the cricket scores in the corner.

I went to specsavers and got two pairs of glasses for $199, a normal pair and a pair of sunnies.

I notice that if I wear my sunnies all day I feel tired at the end of it and my eyes feel strained and I don't wear my normal much, only when I go to the pub.

My sunnies don't rest on my head very well when I'm indoors so I figure it's time to go get updated, I have noticed that I can't read signs from as far away as I used to and I'm reluctant to wave at people until I'm a lot closer nowadays, I'm concerned that if I wear them more often, my eyesight will diminish quicker, is anyone in the know in this area?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby MW » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Who's peepers are on their way out?

I discovered about 7 years ago that I was struggling to see at a distance in late afternoon light and had troubles reading the animated numbers on the racing screen or the cricket scores in the corner.

I went to specsavers and got two pairs of glasses for $199, a normal pair and a pair of sunnies.

I notice that if I wear my sunnies all day I feel tired at the end of it and my eyes feel strained and I don't wear my normal much, only when I go to the pub.

My sunnies don't rest on my head very well when I'm indoors so I figure it's time to go get updated, I have noticed that I can't read signs from as far away as I used to and I'm reluctant to wave at people until I'm a lot closer nowadays, I'm concerned that if I wear them more often, my eyesight will diminish quicker, is anyone in the know in this area?

Had the goggles for reading for about 4 years now. Distance is fine although I find myself leaving them on when watching the TV but am ok without them on for that stuff, driving, watching sport live etc.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:27 pm

My eyesight has always been impeccable and was very happy to boast that I was the only person in my family that wasn't blind as a bat.

Over the last 6 months though.. the small print feels microscopic :(
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby RB » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:29 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm concerned that if I wear them more often, my eyesight will diminish quicker, is anyone in the know in this area?

Not in the know, but similar position to you and same concern. Eyesight has continued to diminish - don't know whether that's natural, or hastened by wearing glasses which I do more and more.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby MW » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:33 pm

RB wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm concerned that if I wear them more often, my eyesight will diminish quicker, is anyone in the know in this area?

Not in the know, but similar position to you and same concern. Eyesight has continued to diminish - don't know whether that's natural, or hastened by wearing glasses which I do more and more.

Every year I go back and the prescription increases each time, but is that from wearing glasses or just getting older eyes? I don't know.
I have friends same age who have resisted, and say they don't need them but they have the font on their phones that large its comical, and borrow mine when reading menus out at dinner.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:42 pm

Mum and both daughters wear them all the time, but they have the total different sidedness too me.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:45 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

My eyesight has always been impeccable and was very happy to boast that I was the only person in my family that wasn't blind as a bat.

You might be lucky enough to get away with a pair of cheap reading glasses to magnify the print, there's a few blokes at the pub that all use the same set to look at the tab screeen.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:58 pm

I was getting headaches at work and thought it might be my sight, went and got glasses and headaches gone - can't live without them now when working, reading or watching TV...dont need them to drive..yet
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Trader » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:31 pm

I got glasses when I was about 21, needed updated prescriptions again at 24 and 27ish, but thankfully they stabilised after that and I've been on the same pair for the last 10 or so years.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:55 pm

why we built the Desal plant again?

Oh, that's right: the Murray was going to dry up

https://indaily.com.au/news/2022/09/09/ ... ray-rises/
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

You might be lucky enough to get away with a pair of cheap reading glasses to magnify the print, there's a few blokes at the pub that all use the same set to look at the tab screeen.

Im stubborn though, i'll refuse to wear a pair of goggles until i'm at least 50 :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:52 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Im stubborn though, i'll refuse to wear a pair of goggles until i'm at least 50 :lol:

I thought you were already past 50 ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:59 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Im stubborn though, i'll refuse to wear a pair of goggles until i'm at least 50 :lol:

I thought you were already past 50 ;)

RIP Bedge
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:00 pm

Basically all my mates and most of their wives wear glasses, I'm pretty much the last working specimen in the group and they're all gunning for me to go blind. Arseholes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:11 pm

RB wrote:

My eyesight has slowly got worse over the years. I was told I had astigmatism when I was 25 and only when I reached 35/40 I started wearing glasses regularly. Now when I take my glasses off, I have to really squint to see, so I think my eyesight has been made worse by wearing them constantly. So I'd prefer to have them on, than off.

However, in saying that, I'm not an expert, that's just my opinion on the matter.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion