Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby DOC » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:20 pm

Yell out if you would like a hand.

I can be picked up from Mills Tce North Adelaide if thats not out of your way.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:25 am

A week after my son's U13 premiership my daughter won her U16's grand final today.

2022 has been a great year in our household!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:15 am

gadj1976 wrote:A week after my son's U13 premiership my daughter won her U16's grand final today.

Nice.

We had a div 1 womens premiership, a div 2 womens GF loss and and under 17's semi final loss. 1 out of 3 is still good.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:27 am

gadj1976 wrote:A week after my son's U13 premiership my daughter won her U16's grand final today.

Its fantastic to see your kids just play team sports, but to then have some success this time of year is cream on top.

My eldest's team won the GF on the weekend, he didn't get a game but proud of the way he took it and still supported his team and some of his best mates, running to the bar 2 minutes before the siren went so a mate of his had a beer in his hand within 30 seconds of the game finishing. Also enjoyed watching 3 boys I used to coach in juniors win their 1st senior premiership.

Youngest won their Prelim and are in the GF next week.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:04 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Its fantastic to see your kids just play team sports, but to then have some success this time of year is cream on top.

My eldest's team won the GF on the weekend, he didn't get a game but proud of the way he took it and still supported his team and some of his best mates, running to the bar 2 minutes before the siren went so a mate of his had a beer in his hand within 30 seconds of the game finishing. Also enjoyed watching 3 boys I used to coach in juniors win their 1st senior premiership.

Great to see and know where you are coming from . My lad played every home and away game this season, some quite well i might add and got dropped for the finals, no reason or explanation, just dropped, he still trained hard, went to all meetings and everything and it seemed to piss dad off more than him. Club won 2 x premierships, he has been celebrating with them since, good luck to him, shows the character of him
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Vamos » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:28 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Vamos wrote:A meal, a succulent chinese meal :lol:

This is democracy manifest!

Ah yes! I see that you know your Judo well.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:02 pm

locky801 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Great to see and know where you are coming from . My lad played every home and away game this season, some quite well i might add and got dropped for the finals, no reason or explanation, just dropped, he still trained hard, went to all meetings and everything and it seemed to piss dad off more than him. Club won 2 x premierships, he has been celebrating with them since, good luck to him, shows the character of him

Well done to him, its how they act when disappointed that make you proud, but its piss poor the coaches haven't had a chat to him on why he has missed and what he needs to improve on, its the hardest part of being a coach, but the most important one IMO
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:50 pm

locky801 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Well done to the lad.

Been on both sides of the ledger, got dropped for a GF after tagging the best player in the comp out of the game, dude that came in was returning early from a shoulder injury, it popped out within minutes of the game, I was only a young lad too.

I took a different approach from your lad though, all the way to the ground I was gonna run water but when I seen him getting strapped up like a mummy I thought f*** it and got maggotted instead.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:05 pm

It's bloody hard. You put so much in from a personal level you can't help but be disappointed.

I got dropped for a cricket semi final. A bloke moved to Melbourne at the Xmas break, I played the second half of the year in the A grade and the night of the Semi final selection the vice captain and president over ruled the captain, who is my best mate, and dropped me for the bloke who was coming back from Melbourne for the weekend. I swore I wasn't going to go, in fact I told the president where to stick it all. After 200+ games, captaining sides, coaching juniors, on the committee, I get that.

On the Saturday I went, wished my mate well and went at sat on the far side watching, I didn't feel like they wanted me to be a part of it so I didn't want to be a part of it.

Your lad is a better man than me, locky. Good on him.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:13 pm

Booney wrote:It's bloody hard. You put so much in from a personal level you can't help but be disappointed.

I got dropped for a cricket semi final. A bloke moved to Melbourne at the Xmas break, I played the second half of the year in the A grade and the night of the Semi final selection the vice captain and president over ruled the captain, who is my best mate, and dropped me for the bloke who was coming back from Melbourne for the weekend. I swore I wasn't going to go, in fact I told the president where to stick it all. After 200+ games, captaining sides, coaching juniors, on the committee, I get that.

On the Saturday I went, wished my mate well and went at sat on the far side watching, I didn't feel like they wanted me to be a part of it so I didn't want to be a part of it.

Did they win?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:It's bloody hard. You put so much in from a personal level you can't help but be disappointed.

Did they win?

They did not.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:26 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Did they win?

They did not.

Excellent, did CM get out for f*** all?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Did they win?

They did not.

Excellent, did CM get out for f*** all?

I can't recall.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:32 pm

locky801 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

First season of senior Ammo footy I'd become a regular in the B Grade with a few stints in the A's, who take me back for the final minor round game. B Grade coach assured me it wouldn't affect my selection for the upcoming finals. Played well in the A's, 4 goals in the first half, best players etc., B grade coach singing my praises. 5 days later "Sorry mate, can't fit you in for the first final" which we won on the last kick of the day and my fate was sealed. I'll admit I downed tools, but regretted it as time wore on. Great commitment and spirit shown by your lad mate and you would rightly be very proud.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MW » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:46 pm

I have a few GF horror stories...

Firstly let me acknowledge I am an ordinary player, I realise that now but back then I thought I as ok at best.

U16 I played all year and made finals. Played 2nd semi, won, through to the big dance. We had a few Westies special squad players in and out all year in our side, but come GF day, I was dressed ready to go, when the coach tells me I'm not playing right before we run out. "Oh and can (insert player name from West) borrow your shorts for the game? ". Fair to say that left a mark, and as sad as it sounds, I enjoyed watching them get beat in a narrow loss.

Lower grade ammos, first year at the club. I knew I was on the bottom of the 22-23 but played enough I thought to stay in. I didn't get selected for the 2nd semi until our midfielder did his knee in training from memory. Meniscus tear I think. I only played a half, kicked a goal. Thought you beauty I'm in for the GF. Somehow said midfielder as miraculously got up and 'fit' for the GF and out I went. They won comfortably (undefeated). This one wasnt as bad as I felt like I said I was probably the 22-23rd player on the list. Luckily I went on to win three over the next three years.

Last year with same ammo side, we were 2nd all year to a strong lutheran, so club decide to stack our team to try and win it. Dropped 3 of us for the final series who played all year. Lost the GF by plenty and again sadly I enjoyed it out of spite. Captain says to us at the pub after "We should never have done that, it killed moral" or words to that effect.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:01 pm

MW wrote:I have a few GF horror stories...

Firstly let me acknowledge I am an ordinary player, I realise that now but back then I thought I as ok at best.

U16 I played all year and made finals. Played 2nd semi, won, through to the big dance. We had a few Westies special squad players in and out all year in our side, but come GF day, I was dressed ready to go, when the coach tells me I'm not playing right before we run out. "Oh and can (insert player name from West) borrow your shorts for the game? ". Fair to say that left a mark, and as sad as it sounds, I enjoyed watching them get beat in a narrow loss.

Lower grade ammos, first year at the club. I knew I was on the bottom of the 22-23 but played enough I thought to stay in. I didn't get selected for the 2nd semi until our midfielder did his knee in training from memory. Meniscus tear I think. I only played a half, kicked a goal. Thought you beauty I'm in for the GF. Somehow said midfielder as miraculously got up and 'fit' for the GF and out I went. They won comfortably (undefeated). This one wasnt as bad as I felt like I said I was probably the 22-23rd player on the list. Luckily I went on to win three over the next three years.

Last year with same ammo side, we were 2nd all year to a strong lutheran, so club decide to stack our team to try and win it. Dropped 3 of us for the final series who played all year. Lost the GF by plenty and again sadly I enjoyed it out of spite. Captain says to us at the pub after "We should never have done that, it killed moral" or words to that effect.

Did he ever forgive you for running through him at training while he was standing there listening to the coach?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:38 pm

JK wrote:First season of senior Ammo footy I'd become a regular in the B Grade with a few stints in the A's, who take me back for the final minor round game. B Grade coach assured me it wouldn't affect my selection for the upcoming finals. Played well in the A's, 4 goals in the first half, best players etc., B grade coach singing my praises. 5 days later "Sorry mate, can't fit you in for the first final" which we won on the last kick of the day and my fate was sealed. I'll admit I downed tools, but regretted it as time wore on. Great commitment and spirit shown by your lad mate and you would rightly be very proud.

How the F*** can you go from A grade and playing well to not getting picked in the Bs, within a seven day period????

That is a special kind of F***ed up!!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby cracka » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:32 pm

The first mow of the lawns for the spring.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:59 am

I think i win the dropping stories......

A few years ago playing Union i played every game in the A Grade for both the minor round and the 2 finals leading up to the GF. As per all sports come GF week everyone is available and injury free........yep i was the one dropped to make way for a bloke who was very very talented but had only played 5 games all year.

It was the father in law who dropped me :lol: :lol: :lol:

In fairness though i would not have played every game in the A grade had people being fit and also in fairness my body was broken by the end of that year and the FIL knew that coz he had seen a lot of me hobbling around etc outside of the rugby environment. The team won the GF, i got a medal as like in soccer if you play throughout the year you receive a premiership medallion.

Last year was my first attempt at playing aussie rules in over 20 years....... managed to play 5 games all season in what was a season interrupted with calf problems. Was not selected for the b grade elimination final....once again fair decision based on performance that season. We lost the elimination. Decided i couldn't let that be my legacy at the footy club so despite being 38 did a full preseason got the body right in the gym (admittedly easier for me given i work at a rec centre) and this year played all 17 games including the GF which we lost by one goal. Came 5th in Mail Medal and kicked 3 goals on GF day.

No point being a sook about being dropped.......nothing beats proving people wrong through self improvement.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:28 am

whufc wrote:

I think i win the dropping stories......

It was the father in law who dropped me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you mention on your way out that you're going home to bang his daughter?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion