Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:03 pm

100% i did and then dropped the mic....... :lol:

Nah I kept it all pretty mature.... that was my first time ever dropped for a final of any sort...i took it pretty well to be honest. We have a laugh about it at the dinner table to this day.

Funnily the club is playing in its first grand final since that occasion this weekend and we are going out for the partners birthday tonight.......reckon i will give the story a rerun again as he is still coach.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:09 pm

8) $-)

UNITED NATIONS COMPENSATION COMMISSION (UNCC)
DIRECTORATE OF INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT AND TRANSFERS.
870 UNITED NATIONS PLAZA, 20-A
NEW YORK, NY 10017 USA
Tel: +1-315-280-5760

Attention: Jimmy_041,

We bring to your notice the recent action in the United Nations Compensation Commission (UNCC). The total sum of 200 Million U.S Dollars has been approved this year by this commission UNCC; to support natural deserters and scam victims during this world global pandemic. This program was categorized to retrieve lost funds through various law agents and also to process claims and pay compensation for losses and damages suffered as a result of the world pandemic. The amount above has been approved for payment through the World Bank's correspondent banks. Selected individual(s) will receive the sum of $5,5 MILLION USD each, which you are among the selected beneficiaries.

This includes citizens of ASIA, AUSTRALIA, EUROPEAN, AFRICA & AMERICA to support people in countries across the region affected by the aforementioned conditions. Hence, you received this letter for either of the above reasons. This has been approved and duly signed by the Finance Department of the United Nations Compensation Commission. More so, the U.S Government, World Bank and the United Nations hereby give this irrevocable approval order with the release of this fund through our payment centre that will be disclosed to you in due course.

Without further delay, please provide the listed data below for further assessment and verifications to have us commence proceedings.

* Full Names:
* Residential Address:
* Mobile Number:
* Alternative E-mail I.D:
* Copy of Valid I.D:

Your quick response will aid speedy treat of your file.

Sincerely yours.
António Guterres
Secretary-General
United Nations Compensation Commission (UNCC)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby jo172 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:19 pm

MW wrote:I have a few GF horror stories...

Firstly let me acknowledge I am an ordinary player, I realise that now but back then I thought I as ok at best.

U16 I played all year and made finals. Played 2nd semi, won, through to the big dance. We had a few Westies special squad players in and out all year in our side, but come GF day, I was dressed ready to go, when the coach tells me I'm not playing right before we run out. "Oh and can (insert player name from West) borrow your shorts for the game? ". Fair to say that left a mark, and as sad as it sounds, I enjoyed watching them get beat in a narrow loss.

Ooft, that's one of the roughest stories i've ever heard.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby locky801 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:18 pm

jo172 wrote:

Firstly let me acknowledge I am an ordinary player, I realise that now but back then I thought I as ok at best.

U16 I played all year and made finals. Played 2nd semi, won, through to the big dance. We had a few Westies special squad players in and out all year in our side, but come GF day, I was dressed ready to go, when the coach tells me I'm not playing right before we run out. "Oh and can (insert player name from West) borrow your shorts for the game? ". Fair to say that left a mark, and as sad as it sounds, I enjoyed watching them get beat in a narrow loss.

true, very cruel, did you ever get your shorts back
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby MW » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:27 pm

locky801 wrote:
jo172 wrote:

:lol: yes
Not a great day for the family, my brother while selected to play, sat on the bench and did not get on the park.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:21 pm

MW wrote:
locky801 wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Not a great day for the family, my brother while selected to play, sat on the bench and did not get on the park.

Hopefully left a skid mark in the shorts for him
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:25 pm

MW wrote:
locky801 wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Mum and Dad must be proud!
:lol:

As a parent I would have had to say something to the coach when you got left out at last minute.
That’s harsh!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby MW » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:59 pm

Well Dad had passed away about 4 weeks before the game, but yeah Mum wasn't overly happy.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:11 pm

Kane Cornes!

Never thought I’d ever say that but his marathon run and money he’s raising is fantastic.
He does so much work for the hospital and the charity year in, year out!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:54 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Kane Cornes!

Never thought I’d ever say that but his marathon run and money he’s raising is fantastic.
He does so much work for the hospital and the charity year in, year out!

His personality still offsets that and some :twisted:
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:28 pm

The pallbearers at the Queens funeral, unreal strength and concentration
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby JK » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:10 pm

Just back from a great lunch with JTC and Rita, such awesome people. Got me thinking about this forum and it’s predecessor. I’m sure most of us have had a Barney with other fellow posters over the years, but there’s some bloody good people on here, many I’m grateful to be able call a mate.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:58 am

JK wrote:Just back from a great lunch with JTC and Rita, such awesome people. Got me thinking about this forum and it’s predecessor. I’m sure most of us have had a Barney with other fellow posters over the years, but there’s some bloody good people on here, many I’m grateful to be able call a mate.

It's even better when people send you uplifting videos :D :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby JK » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:03 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
JK wrote:Just back from a great lunch with JTC and Rita, such awesome people. Got me thinking about this forum and it’s predecessor. I’m sure most of us have had a Barney with other fellow posters over the years, but there’s some bloody good people on here, many I’m grateful to be able call a mate.

It's even better when people send you uplifting videos :D :D

Definitely winning ;) :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby cracka » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:32 pm

Australia getting on the podium of the Motocross of Nations event for only the 2nd time. We've got 3 great young riders doing well overseas at the moment
Mitch Evans (23) racing the MXGP's consistently top 10
Hunter Lawrence (23) racing in the MX2 class in America finishing 2nd in Supercross & 3rd in MX
Then there's the freak Jett Lawrence (Hunters younger brother) 19 years old already a 2 time MX champion & 1 time supercross champion in the 250 (MX2) class in America. Rode the event on a 450 for the first time & got a 1st & 2nd for 1st overall in his class. This kid has talent.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:42 pm

Rita was about 8 different people for memory, JTC seems like he'd be a quality bloke.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Rita was about 8 different people for memory, JTC seems like he'd be a quality bloke.

The Grog Squad overseas correspondent is JTC and yes a wonderful guy :D :partyman:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:18 pm

A Monday night BBQ.
Kids at swimming, wifey doing the pick up/drop off, me & the hairy barker out the back listening to the rain, a little bit of Ben Ottewell, the skewers sizzling on slow burn - maybe a can or three.
It’s the simple things…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:31 am

Spargo wrote:A Monday night BBQ.
Kids at swimming, wifey doing the pick up/drop off, me & the hairy barker out the back listening to the rain, a little bit of Ben Ottewell, the skewers sizzling on slow burn - maybe a can or three.
It’s the simple things…

Just short of a bit of Gangajang, noice.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:41 am

Going through Coles a couple of weeks ago and I seen the Venetian biscuits were on special, so I grabbed a couple of packs for old time sakes, haven't had them in ages.

The lad gets home with his girlfriend and they pretty much demolished a packet within 15 minutes, he'd never had them before, just proved how long since I had purchased them, he's 17.

I've since brought half a dozen safety packs, seems as though everyone that comes over rates them highly.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion