PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby Observer55 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:36 am

GarrytheGOAT wrote:
Observer55 wrote:Any truth to one of the Grade 1 teams looking very likely to pull their A Grade?

If true, PDCA is no long dying a slow death, Rigormortis setting in… someone needs to do something to lead the association to a new dawn

The question needs to be asked...how long until we see the regular grade 1 clubs leave the association (Westies to adel turf, Virginia to Barossa, A/vale to barossa)

With all the lower ranked sides dictating terms, probably wont be far away until we see a few of these stronger sides pull out of the competition.

Am lead to believe 4-5 clubs from Grade 1 and 2 have already held conversations with Barossa and Adelaide Turf.

I am sure the executive don’t read these boards, but it is time to make big changes and move away from the clubs making decisions. I understand the League exists for the clubs, but clubs only lookout for their best interests and cut their noses off in spite of their faces year on year.
Last edited by Observer55 on Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Observer55

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:53 am

Observer55 wrote:
GarrytheGOAT wrote:
Observer55 wrote:Any truth to one of the Grade 1 teams looking very likely to pull their A Grade?

If true, PDCA is no long dying a slow death, Rigormortis setting in… someone needs to do something to lead the association to a new dawn

The question needs to be asked...how long until we see the regular grade 1 clubs leave the association (Westies to adel turf, Virginia to Barossa, A/vale to barossa)

With all the lower ranked sides dictating terms, probably wont be far away until we see a few of these stronger sides pull out of the competition.

Am lead to believe 4-5 clubs from Grade 1 and 2 have already held conversations with Barossa and Adelaide Turf.

I am sure the executive don’t read these boards, but it is time to make big changes and move away from the clubs making decisions. I understand the League exists for the clubs, but clubs only lookout for their best interests and cut their noses off inspire of their faces year on year.
I honestly don’t think the BLCA has any interest in bringing in clubs from Metro areas. What benefits will the BLCA see as they are a pretty content and well ran association.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Observer55 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:57 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Observer55 wrote:
GarrytheGOAT wrote:

I am sure the executive don’t read these boards, but it is time to make big changes and move away from the clubs making decisions. I understand the League exists for the clubs, but clubs only lookout for their best interests and cut their noses off inspire of their faces year on year.
I honestly don’t think the BLCA has any interest in bringing in clubs from Metro areas. What benefits will the BLCA see as they are a pretty content and well ran association.

Barossa have said to one club ‘No juniors, no seniors’ and been interpreted as ‘no 17’s no seniors’
Observer55

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:02 pm

The Bedge wrote:There has been talk for a few months that Eastern Park would pull their Grade 1 side.. however, a condition of their re-entry to the comp (and Grade 1) last year was that they couldn't or wouldn't pull the same crap for a period of 3yrs, or their whole club could go.

Those who recall, they pulled the pin on Grade 1 two seasons ago, then were due to re-enter in Grade 2 last year but fought tooth and nail to be Grade 1, had Simon Head attend the pre-season meeting to speak on their behalf and the change they were making.

12 months last, they don't really have much choice but to suck it up.

Hopefully not but history suggests if it gets to hard for EP they might just pull the pin on senior cricket.

I hope EP can get a div 1 team, they seemed to be on the right track last season and looked to have a side made up of pretty much all EP people. Not sure why it would have changed so dramatically in a year.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Observer55 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:09 pm

Also 3 weeks away from First ball being bowled and no sign of a Fixture. Last year there was nothing published until the 11th hour, especially with the T20 format
Observer55

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:10 pm

Observer55 wrote:Also 3 weeks away from First ball being bowled and no sign of a Fixture. Last year there was nothing published until the 11th hour, especially with the T20 format

Hard to make a fixture when clubs chop and change what they're doing until the 11th hour.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Observer55 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:20 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Observer55 wrote:Also 3 weeks away from First ball being bowled and no sign of a Fixture. Last year there was nothing published until the 11th hour, especially with the T20 format

Hard to make a fixture when clubs chop and change what they're doing until the 11th hour.

Chicken or the egg, association sets the standard and clubs follow.
Observer55

Postby Observer55 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:21 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Observer55

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:22 pm

Observer55 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I agree - make the decisions as an association, and rule with an iron fist.

Sadly the precedence has been set over the past 6-10yrs.

Clubs change their minds on matters from meeting to meeting as it is.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:09 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Observer55 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Precedence has definitely been set but its probably at a point now where it needs a new committee who comes in and says we dont care whats happened previously this is what we are doing from now on.

Sadly I'm sure there isn't committed volunteer committee members lining up.
whufc
Coach

Postby Observer55 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:33 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Observer55 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Hard to make a fixture when clubs chop and change what they're doing until the 11th hour.

Precedence has definitely been set but its probably at a point now where it needs a new committee who comes in and says we dont care whats happened previously this is what we are doing from now on.

Sadly I'm sure there isn't committed volunteer committee members lining up.

You never know, it’s a closed set up. Couldn’t tell you the last time I received an Email or a Letter in the post from PDCA, not a Facebook post. This lack of transparency to individual members (should filter through the clubs) does create an entitled feel for those clubs that are not represented on said Exec. If you want/need assistance it’s not just going to rock up on your door step.
Observer55

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:18 pm

Observer55 wrote:You never know, it’s a closed set up.

Not sure I agree with that, i've sat at AGM's and watched people stare at the floor when nominations to join the committee come around.

Most people either aren't interested, or are too invested / busy with their own club.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Observer55 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:54 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Observer55 wrote:You never know, it’s a closed set up.

Not sure I agree with that, i've sat at AGM's and watched people stare at the floor when nominations to join the committee come around.

Most people either aren't interested, or are too invested / busy with their own club.

Fair, however with the lack of activity on their socials they do not pop up in peoples feeds. They should have a Database of every players details to have ever played in the competition. Surely an email to all that AGM in on said date would not go astray though. Does it change people looking at their toes or resolve the issue of no one getting involved - no, but it does present an open forum.
Observer55

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:30 am

Observer55 wrote:
You never know, it’s a closed set up. Couldn’t tell you the last time I received an Email or a Letter in the post from PDCA, not a Facebook post. This lack of transparency to individual members (should filter through the clubs) does create an entitled feel for those clubs that are not represented on said Exec. If you want/need assistance it’s not just going to rock up on your door step.

Mate, if you or anyone else was interested in making a difference and joining the committee I'm sure you would be welcomed.

It's a thankless task and you'll never make everyone happy.

Unfortunately there are too few clubs now that have sustained success, growth, development and juniors, the other ones might have same cash ay their disposal to get some better players or a group of mates want to have a tip at a premiership.

Back in the day it was huge to see a player jump ship from one club to another, the battles were fierce on the field but the beers welcomed afterwards, except when you played Virginia, you had to drink scotch out of them little glasses. There is little loyalty nowadays and the talent is limited to just a few clubs, there's no point having 8 teams in Grade 1, the top 4 is already set as it is unless Craigmore have picked up a couple.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:38 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Unfortunately there are too few clubs now that have sustained success, growth, development and juniors.

This is the biggest factor. Granted my own club hasn't had much success and only new to juniors, but when I look at clubs like Salisbury West, Angle Vale etc, the biggest thing that stands out is strong juniors and kids coming through to seniors. SW, AV and VIR also understand that the lowest grades should be for developing and nurturing kids into senior cricket as opposed to the lowest grades being a happy hunting ground for glory seekers.

Huge respect and admiration for these clubs, they're effectively the role models I look up to when trying to work out how to progress my own club.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:48 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Unfortunately there are too few clubs now that have sustained success, growth, development and juniors.

This is the biggest factor. Granted my own club hasn't had much success and only new to juniors, but when I look at clubs like Salisbury West, Angle Vale etc, the biggest thing that stands out is strong juniors and kids coming through to seniors. SW, AV and VIR also understand that the lowest grades should be for developing and nurturing kids into senior cricket as opposed to the lowest grades being a happy hunting ground for glory seekers.

Huge respect and admiration for these clubs, they're effectively the role models I look up to when trying to work out how to progress my own club.

Nothing wrong at all what you guys are doing, you build it, they will come. Overnight success brings overnight departures.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:23 am

Been a nightmare for the Secretary to plan a season when
- An association has to move from myCricket to Play HQ (been very difficult to transition)
- A exec member came up with an idea to try something new and have a crossover 1 day comp with grade 1/2, all the club captains met and agreed to it, comes to the crunch after the draft fixture and half the grade 2 sides threatened to withdraw to LOs.
- Clubs have been spoilt over many years
with being accommodated for the yearly change of circumstances.

So many moving parts and it wont come together until people turn their mind to cricket usually after GF weekend.

In regards to EP. They know in no uncertain terms they must field a Grade 1 side this season, theres no get out of jail free cards left. Its Grade 1 or lose all their sides and will have to come back cap in hand to the clubs to allow them back in one day.

Central United did the hard yards and put in a full season in Grade 1, getting thrashed every week but didn’t complain. They also had no get out of jail cards so had to do what was right and play on.
Now they are going into LO1s with what is increasingly looking like 1 team and then hope for survival of the club. I have no issue with clubs doing what they need to do to survive. Ie Riverside.

My ideal picture of PdCA is Grade 1/2 back to 8 sides with A grade sides only. (But no club wants to extend themselves and do the right thing and go up a grade)
Grade 3 down is B grade maximum.
Mix of 2 dayers and 1 dayers, 2 day finals.
LO1 for all other A grades, no matter the level they ‘think’ they should play.

Eternally the optimist I know once the season gets started all will be well and the PDCA will again have over 1000 players playing the great game of Cricket every weekend.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:36 am

BenchedEagle wrote:My ideal picture of PdCA is Grade 1/2 back to 8 sides with A grade sides only. (But no club wants to extend themselves and do the right thing and go up a grade)
Grade 3 down is B grade maximum.
Mix of 2 dayers and 1 dayers, 2 day finals.
LO1 for all other A grades, no matter the level they ‘think’ they should play.

Whilst we (I) might whinge about grading, reality is we would play where picked - but your comment about no clubs "wants to extend themselves and do the right thing and go up a grade" is pretty harsh when you consider the churn and turn over of clubs in the top flights that seek refuge in a lower grade year in year out.. to me the "right thing" is for these clubs to work towards improving.

I mean clubs like Parafield Gardens, Smithfield, North Pines etc - they all know end of the season what grade they're going to be in.. so why not build towards that, instead of waiting until September and declaring they cant play in xx grade?

LO1 for all A grades is also silly - just because you wear an "A" at the end of your club name, doesn't mean you're an A grade side, or capable - for instance Trinity were a C or D grade side for their club, Gepps Cross this year are fielding their 6th and 7th sides (or something ridiculous like that).

Make all LO grades promotion / relegation same as the two day stuff - if you're good enough, you'll climb the grades, if you're not you'll find your place in the lower grades.

Everyone wants the competition to grow, and you talk about saving clubs by letting them go to LO1 instead of playing in the 2 day comp, but you're not actually doing them any favours if you're placing them in an LO level where they're going to be smacked every week either.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:45 am

Whatever anyway, we should focus on the positive and talk good shit. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:57 am

The Bedge wrote:

Yep nail on the head there. SW have always found that magic blend in the lower senior grades of giving the juniors a role and oppurtunity whilst surrounding them with a couple of quality wise old heads. SW in particular would have the highest rate of ex a graders who are happy to play down the grades as there time is up, helps out massively.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps