International Politics

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: International Politics

Postby stan » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:07 pm

Geez the propaganda machines are in full force at the moment, anyone have any independent sources with people on the ground in Ukraine?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:03 pm

stan wrote:Geez the propaganda machines are in full force at the moment, anyone have any independent sources with people on the ground in Ukraine?

Foreign Correspondent on in a minute

Don’t bother with Q+A afterwards- they’ll find some way to blame Scomo for it
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:40 pm

Not the first time Russia has pillaged the Ukraine

One the most distressing films I’ve ever watched

There is also a 1993 version
Attachments
B6E12B17-8E9C-467A-A157-84D000306704.jpeg
B6E12B17-8E9C-467A-A157-84D000306704.jpeg (123.25 KiB) Viewed 2030 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:06 pm

Ukrainian nuclear plant now on fire, lovely.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby stan » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:52 am

Day 26 of the Russian special military operation and will all the fake news out there it's hard to work out what's going on.

However at day 26 the Russians have yet to capture and otherthrow the government.

You would have to suggest that it's not going to plan and the Ukrainians are digging in and fighting hard.
stan
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:07 am

stan wrote:Day 26 of the Russian special military operation and will all the fake news out there it's hard to work out what's going on.

However at day 26 the Russians have yet to capture and otherthrow the government.

You would have to suggest that it's not going to plan and the Ukrainians are digging in and fighting hard.

I've got another theory. I don't think the Russians have any intention of taking over Ukraine this time around , it is all about destruction and making them weak. The take over will happen in the years to come when Ukraine are struggling to get back on their feet after the destruction caused by this invasion.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:32 am

MW wrote:
stan wrote:Day 26 of the Russian special military operation and will all the fake news out there it's hard to work out what's going on.

I've got another theory. I don't think the Russians have any intention of taking over Ukraine this time around , it is all about destruction and making them weak. The take over will happen in the years to come when Ukraine are struggling to get back on their feet after the destruction caused by this invasion.

Russia can't afford that, they can't occupy either. The world will rebuild Ukraine eventually.

This is the biggest own goal in history.

Welcome to Nato Finland and Sweden
Germany finally spending on their military, more bad news for Russia.
Belarus is going to take out Putin stooge Lukashenko

This ends when Russian Karens hit the streets asking where their sons are.
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:54 am

Armchair expert wrote:
MW wrote:

Russia can't afford that, they can't occupy either. The world will rebuild Ukraine eventually.

This is the biggest own goal in history.

Welcome to Nato Finland and Sweden
Germany finally spending on their military, more bad news for Russia.
Belarus is going to take out Putin stooge Lukashenko

This ends when Russian Karens hit the streets asking where their sons are.
It is an issue, at the moment Russian demands are that Criminea is formally given to Russia. A North East section of Ukraine is an "independent" republic from Ukraine aka a Russian puppet state and that they never join NATO.

Problem is the Ukrainians have fought hard, they aren't just going to give up there land at the moment. It's day 26 and Putin has gotten it done yet.

As Armchair has said, if he attacks and leaves them decimated they the world will rebuilt them and they'll end up joining NATO.

As I said, the Ukrainians have shown they'll stand up to and fight the Russians. So if they come In and smash the place up and so don't join NATO. I can see the Ukrainians saying **** you and join NATO.

The Ukrainians do not appear to be a meek people.
stan
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:02 am

It is one thing to bomb shit out of a country or city and another to occupy ie Syria , Iraq , Afghanistan ,Vietnam for example .

Now it becomes a dirty street from street fight.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby stan » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:15 am

shoe boy wrote:

It is one thing to bomb shit out of a country or city and another to occupy ie Syria , Iraq , Afghanistan ,Vietnam for example .

Now it becomes a dirty street from street fight.
Very much so, that's why Putin is looking for a regime change rather than building it back himself.

I just can't see how it will be a stable state when they are now into there 27th day of fighting back.

The Donbass regine of Eastern Ukraine is what he wants to be independent or as his puppet. It's a strategic advantage against NATO on his border.

People keep saying he'll just turn of the gas and oil supply to Europe, but that works both ways. With all the sanctions in place that would cut off another income stream.

I did originally think that he knew what he was doing but it's starting to look more and more like an own goal.
stan
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:20 am

Putin latest ramblings show he has completely lost it 110%
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:34 pm

Oh Italy.... :roll:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dinglinga75 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:59 pm

Europe is at boiling point ...
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby am Bays » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:27 pm

Another year another Italian Government

Two Centre left parties came in 2nd and third

I give this coalition 12 months, tops

I remember a stat from Contemporary European history lecture at Flinders Uni in 1990, In the 45 years since WW2 Italy had had 37 changes of government

This government seems to be more pre-occupied with internal social issues, namely who are coming across the ditch from Africa....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:53 pm

am Bays wrote:Another year another Italian Government

Two Centre left parties came in 2nd and third

I give this coalition 12 months, tops

I remember a stat from Contemporary European history lecture at Flinders Uni in 1990, In the 45 years since WW2 Italy had had 37 changes of government

This government seems to be more pre-occupied with internal social issues, namely who are coming across the ditch from Africa....

Should be a law they can only change governments when Glenelg wins a premiership :P
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:25 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Should be a law they can only change governments when Glenelg wins a premiership :P

I think the opposite, should be a Glenelg Premiership every time the Italian government resigns!!

:-BD
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:34 am

NZ PM Jacinta Arden to resign
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:48 pm

They used to say Richmond eat their own. Seriously, politics eats their own. She's a good egg.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:19 pm

gadj1976 wrote:They used to say Richmond eat their own. Seriously, politics eats their own. She's a good egg.
I don’t follow NZ politics closely but have a couple of Kiwis at works who are Jacinda voters and said whilst she did a great job during the pandemic she has let other things slide and that NZ has plenty of problems currently. They did seem to think she would be in trouble at the next election and that perhaps her stepping aside might give them a better chance going forward.
From afar it looks like she was doing a good job but it sounds like some discontent is growing over there
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:47 pm

Jim05 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:They used to say Richmond eat their own. Seriously, politics eats their own. She's a good egg.
I don’t follow NZ politics closely but have a couple of Kiwis at works who are Jacinda voters and said whilst she did a great job during the pandemic she has let other things slide and that NZ has plenty of problems currently. They did seem to think she would be in trouble at the next election and that perhaps her stepping aside might give them a better chance going forward.
From afar it looks like she was doing a good job but it sounds like some discontent is growing over there

during the Pandemic she seemed to handle that period quite well.
since then she made a fair few promises and has failed to come close to delivering on them.
they are tracking to lose the next election which i think is october-november
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics