Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby am Bays » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:11 am

Booney wrote:In this job, but previous dress standards, the Julius Marlow's were my boot of choice, but wearing them daily meant they didn't last long at all. Two pairs a year most years, luckily Harris Scarfe had two sales a year.

More relaxed attire accepted now and the Rossi's last two years.

I was like you, new pair of shoes for work once a year in the sales - Julius Marlows more often than not. 12 months wear tops.

In 2016 I brought a pair of RM Williams Black Craftsmen half price at their outlet store at harbour town for $250.

In 2019 I had them re-healed and soled $180.

They're still going strong.

Basically I've spent less in the last six years on a pair of top quality boots than if I brought a new pair of shoes each year like I used to.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:57 am

This thread is empty without morell....
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:02 pm

waiting. waiting gives me the shits.

hanging out for an email, that will significantly change things for the better for me, and i seem to be all out of patience...
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby gossipgirl » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:58 pm

tipper wrote:waiting. waiting gives me the shits.

hanging out for an email, that will significantly change things for the better for me, and i seem to be all out of patience...

Drink heavily
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1432 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Pseudo » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:17 pm

gossipgirl wrote:

Drink heavily

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby MW » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:40 am

My 82yr old mum fell at home yesterday afternoon (lives alone) and rang me to help her up. Took her 30min to crawl to her phone 10 metres away...sore hip was the complaint.
I got there at 5.15pm, and even though she didn't make a fuss and just wanted to be helped up, I rang 000 anyway I didn't want to take the risk as she couldn't put any weight on it.
000 told me it wont be a lights and sirens emergency but they will send the next available ambo to us. 9pm comes around, and still no ambo. I rang up and asked what was happening as she couldn't move from her chair and was in pain. They said it would be at least another 4 hours from that phone call before they could get to her.
I told them we can't wait that long and will attempt to put her in our car and take her to Flinders. They agreed and wished us luck and if we need to cancel the ambo let them know.
We are literally about to pick her up when my phone rang, and it was 000 telling me they changed their mind and made it a priority call and an ambo will be there soon. That took about 20 min before they came after that. They were worried about us damaging her further if the hip was broken.
Ambos were great and so apologetic for a f..king mess that is not their fault. The reason for the delay was all the ambos are ramped waiting for beds at the hospitals.
Anyway the xray showed a fractured femur where it inserts into the hip joint, and she needs a partial hip replacement today. If we had moved her, we would have injured her further.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:44 am

Shit mate, that's awful to hear and sadly symptomatic of our system at the moment. I hope she's on the mend soon and pain free.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby MW » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:57 am

Thanks mate. Never really know how these things go at that age, but she's normally quite active and in decent physical condition for her age so hopefully recovery won't be too long.
MW
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:00 am

MW wrote:My 82yr old mum fell at home yesterday afternoon (lives alone) and rang me to help her up. Took her 30min to crawl to her phone 10 metres away...sore hip was the complaint.
I got there at 5.15pm, and even though she didn't make a fuss and just wanted to be helped up, I rang 000 anyway I didn't want to take the risk as she couldn't put any weight on it.
000 told me it wont be a lights and sirens emergency but they will send the next available ambo to us. 9pm comes around, and still no ambo. I rang up and asked what was happening as she couldn't move from her chair and was in pain. They said it would be at least another 4 hours from that phone call before they could get to her.
I told them we can't wait that long and will attempt to put her in our car and take her to Flinders. They agreed and wished us luck and if we need to cancel the ambo let them know.
We are literally about to pick her up when my phone rang, and it was 000 telling me they changed their mind and made it a priority call and an ambo will be there soon. That took about 20 min before they came after that. They were worried about us damaging her further if the hip was broken.
Ambos were great and so apologetic for a f..king mess that is not their fault. The reason for the delay was all the ambos are ramped waiting for beds at the hospitals.
Anyway the xray showed a fractured femur where it inserts into the hip joint, and she needs a partial hip replacement today. If we had moved her, we would have injured her further.

My mother has a monitor that detects falls and the monitoring mob can speak to her though the device around her neck, call us to see if we can get there and/or ambos if necessary. If she isnt near her phone it isnt a problem. Needs internet though.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:00 am

Good to hear it worked out as a best case scenario, wishing your mum the speediest of recoveries, I'm sure you would've been beside yourself once you got there, I hope your fine mate.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby MW » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:02 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
MW wrote:My 82yr old mum fell at home yesterday afternoon (lives alone) and rang me to help her up. Took her 30min to crawl to her phone 10 metres away...sore hip was the complaint.

My mother has a monitor that detects falls and the monitoring mob can speak to her though the device around her neck, call us to see if we can get there and/or ambos if necessary. If she isnt near her phone it isnt a problem. Needs internet though.

Would you believe the night before we literally had a conversation about having one of those.
MW
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:03 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Good to hear it worked out as a best case scenario, wishing your mum the speediest of recoveries, I'm sure you would've been beside yourself once you got there, I hope your fine mate.

I'm ok. Just trying to get my head around the next 4-8 weeks as she lives alone. I've got a brother and sister so between the three of us we'll be able to look after her.
MW
Coach

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:10 pm

MW wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Good to hear it worked out as a best case scenario, wishing your mum the speediest of recoveries, I'm sure you would've been beside yourself once you got there, I hope your fine mate.

I'm ok. Just trying to get my head around the next 4-8 weeks as she lives alone. I've got a brother and sister so between the three of us we'll be able to look after her.

hope she is on the mend soon mate.

still waiting. distracted myself after work last night by doing stuff around the house.

this morning i reckon im refreshing my email every 5 minutes. makes me realise how many bullshit spam emails i get each day, lol
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:11 pm

All the best MW!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:14 pm

tipper wrote:
MW wrote:

hope she is on the mend soon mate.

still waiting. distracted myself after work last night by doing stuff around the house.

this morning i reckon im refreshing my email every 5 minutes. makes me realise how many bullshit spam emails i get each day, lol

Fingers crossed your news is good mate.
Well the news for my mum got better but worse. Now needs full hip replacement not partial but that is to help her mobility in the future as apparently a partial is harder to come back from.
MW
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:19 pm

No good MW, hope things go well from here.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:31 pm

Awful occurrence and situation
My 87yo MinL fell a couple of nights ago
She didn't do any bad damage thank ****
I dread the day you had
Best of luck
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:18 pm

Speedy recovery to Mum - she's lucky it was only 4 hours- when Nanna broke her leg, the ambos hadn't rocked up after 4 hours so i had to get random strangers to lift her into my car. The second time she needed an ambulance was when she had COVID. After 4 hours, still a no show and my cousin had to take her to hospital. . 10 hours after first calling them, i got a phone call from the ambos asking where she was because they were out the front of her house
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:30 pm

Pirie Pirie mozzies, they are size of wasps!
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:25 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Pirie Pirie mozzies, they are size of wasps!

It's the smelter!
Zinc is a body builder
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion