I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Mic » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:43 am

Got crashed into and my car was written off.

Looks almost impossible to get a brand new car in our price range, certain size and availability that's not too far away.

Anyone here bought/had an MG? It's one of the very few brands that can be available by the end of the year.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:35 am

Mic wrote:Got crashed into and my car was written off.

Looks almost impossible to get a brand new car in our price range, certain size and availability that's not too far away.

Anyone here bought/had an MG? It's one of the very few brands that can be available by the end of the year.

Try Coles Automotive mate, excellent to deal with and they have cars less than two years old that have hardly been driven.

I picked mine up and it had 244kms on the clock, the same car elsewhere was going to cost me 3K+ more and with a 6 month minimum wait.

They're an independent dealer with an excellent well priced range.

https://www.facebook.com/colesautomotiveptyltd
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:48 am

Why do Asian ladies drive with gloves on?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:20 pm

Drove an MG around Perth last weekend, good car and would consider getting one, although air con struggled and it was only 25 degrees!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:24 pm

Brodlach wrote:Why do Asian ladies drive with gloves on?

Probably same reason that they drive with face masks on.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:44 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Drove an MG around Perth last weekend, good car and would consider getting one, although air con struggled and it was only 25 degrees!

I’m driving one now in Brisbane for work.
Looks great but drives shit house.
No guts when accelerating.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

To cover their hands?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:31 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

To cover their hands?

Why would the have face masks on their hands?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:08 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

1.0 or 1.3 litre. No surprises there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:12 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

1.0 or 1.3 litre. No surprises there.

eh, depends on the engine itself really.

our daily is a 1.0 3 cylinder with what i reckon is the worlds smallest turbo, and it gets up and moving way better than you would assume with that description.

sure, its no race car, but its also no slug. mind you, its also a manual, so much easier to make sure it is in the right gear, rather than relying on the car to decide how to respond.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Mic » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:54 am

Thanks everyone for your replies.

It's the MG ZST Vibe that we're looking at.

The reviews seem fine, apart from the "but they're made in China" comments.
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:15 pm

I'm looking to buy a place in Cullen Bay Darwin

Any tips / warnings?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby am Bays » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:34 pm

its all built on reclaimed land from the harbour

get more bang for your buck in Malak, Karama and Moulden though and a truer cultural experience
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Mic » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:06 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Test drove one on Saturday morning. Liked it but also did not like the lack of power when I put my foot down (also found the indicator on the left hand side to be annoying).

We actually found a brand-new i30 (which was my previous car, just an older model) available in Murray Bridge, which had only arrived a couple days prior (still had a heap of covering/plastic on it, which got a few looks from people who we went past when taking it for a test drive). Really liked it, so we now have a new car that we can pick up this Friday. Very, very lucky; most are a 4-6 month wait at least.

Thanks again for the replies.
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:29 pm

am Bays wrote:its all built on reclaimed land from the harbour

get more bang for your buck in Malak, Karama and Moulden though and a truer cultural experience

Thanks Bays but that's not what I'm looking for.
At my age, "cultural experience" in Darwin outer suburbs is a scary concept.
We're looking for an apartment and only want it for a month per year and rent it out for the rest.

Mates rates for safooty people if I get one :-BD
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:22 am

This could have gone in the shits/laugh/WTF threads :

We arrived in Port Vincent on Friday afternoon with 4 car loads, 12 of us in total 2 couples, 5 kids, 3 partners, all of us over 19. Me, Mrs Boon, Jnr and his girl, Miss and her lad. Our best friends, their eldest, their middle and her lad, their youngest. 2 apartments side by side, identical. Queen bed in the main, the adults, two doubles, the eldest couples, 2 bunk rooms, our youngest and her lad, their two single daughters in the other. Perfect. Hard to find beds for 12 people that works, this works.

We all bump in around 3, 4, 4:30, unpack, off to the pub for dinner, the apartment above us is empty and, I'll point out, we had not been advised there would be anyone in there.

We get back from the pub to find our communal area littered with kids shoes, scooters and balls. Not ours.

The bloke from upstairs comes down ( the newly added stairwell is in the communal ground floor space ) and we introduce ourselves, he's the owner, he's got the Mrs and kids, 11, 7 and 5 with him.

Long short, by noon on Saturday the kids running and yelling through our space, leaving shit everywhere, the Mrs in the laundry out the back ( part of our dwelling ) washing his/her/the kids smalls and hanging on our line, the kid taking a shit in our outside toilet pushed me over the edge.

I called the other 3 adults in for a team meeting, we agreed to say something. I thought I'd use lines like "We feel our privacy has been invaded", "We've paid for this space to be ours" ( Each apartment $285 per night x 2 x 3 nights ).

Even if he had tried he couldn't have missed the point more. Not only did he miss the point but at 4pm Saturday another f*cking family arrived with 2 kids to stay up there with them!

Lunch time Sunday I had stronger words, we didn't make eye contact after that.

Some of this will be part of this mornings feedback to the agency.

What would you have done?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:44 am

Booney wrote:This could have gone in the shits/laugh/WTF threads :

We arrived in Port Vincent on Friday afternoon with 4 car loads, 12 of us in total 2 couples, 5 kids, 3 partners, all of us over 19. Me, Mrs Boon, Jnr and his girl, Miss and her lad. Our best friends, their eldest, their middle and her lad, their youngest. 2 apartments side by side, identical. Queen bed in the main, the adults, two doubles, the eldest couples, 2 bunk rooms, our youngest and her lad, their two single daughters in the other. Perfect. Hard to find beds for 12 people that works, this works.

We all bump in around 3, 4, 4:30, unpack, off to the pub for dinner, the apartment above us is empty and, I'll point out, we had not been advised there would be anyone in there.

We get back from the pub to find our communal area littered with kids shoes, scooters and balls. Not ours.

The bloke from upstairs comes down ( the newly added stairwell is in the communal ground floor space ) and we introduce ourselves, he's the owner, he's got the Mrs and kids, 11, 7 and 5 with him.

Long short, by noon on Saturday the kids running and yelling through our space, leaving shit everywhere, the Mrs in the laundry out the back ( part of our dwelling ) washing his/her/the kids smalls and hanging on our line, the kid taking a shit in our outside toilet pushed me over the edge.

I called the other 3 adults in for a team meeting, we agreed to say something. I thought I'd use lines like "We feel our privacy has been invaded", "We've paid for this space to be ours" ( Each apartment $285 per night x 2 x 3 nights ).

Even if he had tried he couldn't have missed the point more. Not only did he miss the point but at 4pm Saturday another f*cking family arrived with 2 kids to stay up there with them!

Lunch time Sunday I had stronger words, we didn't make eye contact after that.

Some of this will be part of this mornings feedback to the agency.

What would you have done?

Yep would have been pretty ******* angry.......at very least they should have told you that they were planning on being there imo.

Then to use your space is a disgrace....at that point you shouldn't have to pay for anything imo.

Obviously you need to have a level of discreetness given there were kids around and i wouldn't be having an altercation more than a well mannered straight to the point discussion in front of the kids.

Any forum i could provide feedback on i would be....
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Spargo » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:54 am

I’d be demanding a full refund.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5126 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:57 am

Spargo wrote:I’d be demanding a full refund.

It's in the email, yes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:03 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
am Bays wrote:its all built on reclaimed land from the harbour

Thanks Bays but that's not what I'm looking for.
At my age, "cultural experience" in Darwin outer suburbs is a scary concept.
We're looking for an apartment and only want it for a month per year and rent it out for the rest.

Mates rates for safooty people if I get one :-BD

Yeah I know that’s not what youre looking for and certainly it’s less cultural in Cullen Bay than say where I am near Cauarina where 300 m away we have a Wadeye house….

Darwin’s been like Adel the bite hasn’t hit but it’s certainly slowed so you might find a bargain from someone who over capitalised when the rates were low and it’s starting to bite.

Evan at Yots in Cullen Bay is a good host
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion