Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:40 am

cracka wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
cracka wrote:Absolutely you should be paid extra for working weekends. If you're working anything from Friday nights to Sunday nights then you're missing out on a lot of things. Friday night knock offs, local sports, going out Saturday nights, seeing live music/shows, Sunday get togethers etc
The main reason though, especially for those in retail or hospitality is you have to deal with the arrogant entitled pr**** that take these things for granted, have probably never worked outside of office hours & who think you don't deserve loading because their eggs benedict might cost a bit more at the Cafe on a weekend.
PS I currently don't work weekends or public holidays but am more than happy to pay extra for my eggs benedict with smashed avo at the cafes for Sunday brunch.

People go out for breakfast Monday to Friday as well.
Those staff don’t get penalties and still have to deal with arrogant customers].

I think people who work Monday to Friday and are rostered on every Saturday or Sunday or public holidays should get penalties still it’s the teenagers or other people who choose to just work weekends coz of the higher rates that should be abolished

Then they probably wouldn't work those hours & the shops won't be able to get staff so they wont be able to open anyway.

There’s definitely that possibility but teenagers and people who choose not to work mon-fri still need coin.
I’m not sure right now in the workplace with businesses struggling to fill jobs would be the right time for change but once the world ‘normalises’ again it should be looked at.
My question has always been why are we the only state left like this?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:45 am

Booney wrote:So to summarize :

Those of you who don't work weekends think people who do work weekends shouldn't get paid extra just because they work on the days that you don't want to.

:lol:

Nah it was the biggest scam on the planet. I worked weekends as a casual for over 5 years. Worked every Sunday from 8am-5pm.

Rock up hangover as buggery from a night on the town, on the odd occasion pretty much straight from the club. Get to work no management was around so everything was a little bit more relaxed and cozy. Some days the centre was busier than during the week other times it wasn't. Do as little as possible, plenty of chit chat and earn double the money. Sundays was also the day we did cafe Stocktake so plenty of free food to sit an eat in the back office.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:01 am

amber_fluid wrote:

Those of you who don't work weekends think people who do work weekends shouldn't get paid extra just because they work on the days that you don't want to.

Bingo!

Assumes we dont work weekends or PHs - I worked most Sunday mornings, last Monday and the Queen's Thursday

And I'm still all for those that work during the week / weekend getting penalty rates when they go over the 35 hour week
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby cracka » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:02 am

amber_fluid wrote:
cracka wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
cracka wrote:Absolutely you should be paid extra for working weekends. If you're working anything from Friday nights to Sunday nights then you're missing out on a lot of things. Friday night knock offs, local sports, going out Saturday nights, seeing live music/shows, Sunday get togethers etc
The main reason though, especially for those in retail or hospitality is you have to deal with the arrogant entitled pr**** that take these things for granted, have probably never worked outside of office hours & who think you don't deserve loading because their eggs benedict might cost a bit more at the Cafe on a weekend.
PS I currently don't work weekends or public holidays but am more than happy to pay extra for my eggs benedict with smashed avo at the cafes for Sunday brunch.

Those staff don’t get penalties and still have to deal with arrogant customers].

I think people who work Monday to Friday and are rostered on every Saturday or Sunday or public holidays should get penalties still it’s the teenagers or other people who choose to just work weekends coz of the higher rates that should be abolished

Then they probably wouldn't work those hours & the shops won't be able to get staff so they wont be able to open anyway.

There’s definitely that possibility but teenagers and people who choose not to work mon-fri still need coin.
I’m not sure right now in the workplace with businesses struggling to fill jobs would be the right time for change but once the world ‘normalises’ again it should be looked at.

I don't think anyone chooses to work weekends over mon to fri for any reason other than for the penalty rates

Does no other state in Australia have weekend penalty rates.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:08 am

I choose to work weekends for many years.

Meant i could work 4 days Mon-Friday plus Sundays. Partner also did the same she worked 4 days monday-friday plus Saturdays.

Meant we only had to have the kids in childcare for 3 days a week. Saved us a shitload of money
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:27 am

whufc wrote:

Nah it was the biggest scam on the planet. I worked weekends as a casual for over 5 years. Worked every Sunday from 8am-5pm.

Rock up hangover as buggery from a night on the town, on the odd occasion pretty much straight from the club. Get to work no management was around so everything was a little bit more relaxed and cozy. Some days the centre was busier than during the week other times it wasn't. Do as little as possible, plenty of chit chat and earn double the money. Sundays was also the day we did cafe Stocktake so plenty of free food to sit an eat in the back office.

I once slept on the shitter for 4 hours on a Saturday collecting double time, I got the cab to drop me there straight from town.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:33 am

Incorrect, I work weekends at times
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:33 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

I once slept on the shitter for 4 hours on a Saturday collecting double time, I got the cab to drop me there straight from town.

Brilliant.......yeah we had the odd occasion where a staff member would go have a sleep in the first aid room on the bed for an hour.

Someone would always go do a maccas or kfc run around 1pm-2pm once all the hungover staff could stomach some food.
whufc
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:37 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Brilliant.......yeah we had the odd occasion where a staff member would go have a sleep in the first aid room on the bed for an hour.

Someone would always go do a maccas or kfc run around 1pm-2pm once all the hungover staff could stomach some food.

I’m not sure you two are good examples of why we should keep or scrap penalty rates and/or open on public holidays ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:40 am

Dead set as an 18 to 23 year old it was the time of my life. I was working at a rec centre with gym and pool so plenty of eye candy to go with the fun we had on those days.

The fact we got paid double time was ridiculous though...Monday would come around and we would all be serious again.
whufc
Coach

Postby RB » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:49 am

whufc wrote:

[emoji38]

Interesting though your insight may be, I suspect that many people who work weekends would have a different perspective. E.g. busy shops, cafes, hospitals, heck the wallopers have their hands full on the weekends.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:50 am

amber_fluid wrote:
cracka wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

We are the only state like this as we weren't settled with convicts
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby RB » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:54 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:My point is many people don’t have a traditional weekend anymore. The 5+2 is long gone for many.

I think we agree on this bit.

Where I differ from you is that I think there is a distinction between working predominantly during business hours, and working nights/weekends etc. - cracka put it well above - and that pay should reflect that (whether that be via penalty rates or other means I'm not fussed).
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:20 am

RB wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:My point is many people don’t have a traditional weekend anymore. The 5+2 is long gone for many.

Where I differ from you is that I think there is a distinction between working predominantly during business hours, and working nights/weekends etc. - cracka put it well above - and that pay should reflect that (whether that be via penalty rates or other means I'm not fussed).

I'll go a few steps further
Working 9 - 5 is archaic as well as having to go to the office everyday
I WFH a couple of days per week - never thought I'd do that.
What I find is I work earlier and later when at home
I'll have dinner then go back and do more whereas home from the office means I'm done
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby locky801 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:36 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
RB wrote:

I'll have dinner then go back and do more whereas home from the office means I'm done

been working from home 10 years, go out and do some work but majority done from home
get alot more done and the tax benefits are great
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3698 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:48 am

Need to work in a clause about meat, but otherwise I reckon you're on the money.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby cracka » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:50 am

Is the reason for that to make it more convenient for the majority who still are a 5 + 2 worker.
cracka
Veteran

Postby tipper » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:55 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
RB wrote:

yep. i still work in the office most days currently, but im not 9 to 5. i start early and finish early

currently trying to set up a new job with a new company, where ill be permanent work from home. ill probably do the same. start even earlier and finish early.

i still wont be working weekends or public holidays.

work to live not live to work.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:28 pm

tipper wrote:[

yep. i still work in the office most days currently, but im not 9 to 5. i start early and finish early

currently trying to set up a new job with a new company, where ill be permanent work from home. ill probably do the same. start even earlier and finish early.

i still wont be working weekends or public holidays.

work to live not live to work.

One of my old bosses was similar, he used to rock up late and make up for it by leaving early. Deadset flogger.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby cracka » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:30 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Bingo!

Assumes we dont work weekends or PHs - I worked most Sunday mornings, last Monday and the Queen's Thursday

And I'm still all for those that work during the week / weekend getting penalty rates when they go over the 35 hour week

Is that part of your employment or are you self employed
cracka
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion