Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:54 pm

Vamos wrote:Yeah you can, just ask UK. I mean, it was our fault the China experiment ceased in the midst of a global pandemic. :lol:

How could I forget. WAFD. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:57 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:In Feb 2022 -

GWS player Zreika, a practicing Muslim, sat out the league's Pride Round as she believed the rainbow-themed uniform did not represent her faith.

The head of the AFL's inclusion and social policy, Tanya Hosch, told the ABC's The W podcast that inclusion was a complicated matter.

"People of faith have rights as well," Hosch said.

"We say we're a game for everyone and here we've got a situation where we've got someone who feels they've got to make a decision on whether or not they'll play based on a uniform that they don't feel they should be representing in.
Zreika was a practicing Muslim
Thorburn was the in charge of a organisation that is homophobic and anti abortion as well as other beliefs that belong in the Stone Age.
Some of the sermons from his ministry are quite sickening and this bloke is the leader and all goes through him.
As just a member of a group it’s often a a-La carte buffet where you can pick and choose but as the leader it’s a fixed menu where you don’t get those luxuries.
You simply can’t be a club who promotes the Purple bombers and has a number of lesbian of AFLW players and have this douchebag in charge of our club.

My point was missed, the head of the AFL's inclusion and social policy stated "People of faith have rights as well". Do they?

Either way I couldn't care less, imaginary friends are shit, but it seems like a double standard to me, but that's the AFL.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:59 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

GWS player Zreika, a practicing Muslim, sat out the league's Pride Round as she believed the rainbow-themed uniform did not represent her faith.

The head of the AFL's inclusion and social policy, Tanya Hosch, told the ABC's The W podcast that inclusion was a complicated matter.

"We say we're a game for everyone and here we've got a situation where we've got someone who feels they've got to make a decision on whether or not they'll play based on a uniform that they don't feel they should be representing in.
Thorburn was the in charge of a organisation that is homophobic and anti abortion as well as other beliefs that belong in the Stone Age.
Some of the sermons from his ministry are quite sickening and this bloke is the leader and all goes through him.
As just a member of a group it’s often a a-La carte buffet where you can pick and choose but as the leader it’s a fixed menu where you don’t get those luxuries.
You simply can’t be a club who promotes the Purple bombers and has a number of lesbian of AFLW players and have this douchebag in charge of our club.

My point was missed, the head of the AFL's inclusion and social policy stated "People of faith have rights as well". Do they?

Either way I couldn't care less, imaginary friends are shit, but it seems like a double standard to me, but that's the AFL.

I guess this proves they do so long as they don't speak publicly about it......and keep it behind closed doors.

it's a weird period in life that is for sure..............
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:03 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Vamos wrote:
Yeah you can, just ask UK. I mean, it was our fault the China experiment ceased in the midst of a global pandemic. :lol:

China = Dumbest idea ever.

It was never going to work. COVID has helped Pot cut your losses when you could IMHO

Took a game to a foreign non-English speaking country and still drew a bigger crowd than Centrals :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:04 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

The AFL are as weak as piss!
They change with the wind.
If you’re going to have a Pride round then you need to support it 100%.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Vamos wrote:
Yeah you can, just ask UK. I mean, it was our fault the China experiment ceased in the midst of a global pandemic. :lol:

It was never going to work. COVID has helped Pot cut your losses when you could IMHO

Took a game to a foreign non-English speaking country and still drew a bigger crowd than Centrals :lol:

At least he added "IMHO", which, should be "Even though I've got absolutely no clue I'm telling you what I think anyway".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:10 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Vamos wrote:

At least he added "IMHO", which, should be "Even though I've got absolutely no clue I'm telling you what I think anyway".

He was being "honest".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:14 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

The AFL are as weak as piss!
They change with the wind.
If you’re going to have a Pride round then you need to support it 100%.

The AFL are all in with pride round but in the same breath they say they are all inclusive for all races and faiths.....not sure the two necessarily work with one another. Essentially you can have your faith but if you come out and say anything against any of the AFL's stances there is no place for you.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Ronnie » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:21 pm

Where are we going with this, are all AFL Presidents/Board members/CEO's now meant to come out and explicitly state they support abortion? and is that abortion on demand, abortion only when health is in danger, abortion only in the first trimester??? Strange times, slightly disturbing times.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:38 pm

whufc wrote:
The AFL are all in with pride round but in the same breath they say they are all inclusive for all races and faiths.....not sure the two necessarily work with one another. Essentially you can have your faith but if you come out and say anything against any of the AFL's stances there is no place for you.

George Michael round.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:43 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

George Michael round.

I was thinking more the Chuck Mosley round.
Faith No More!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:43 pm

Ronnie wrote:Where are we going with this, are all AFL Presidents/Board members/CEO's now meant to come out and explicitly state they support abortion? and is that abortion on demand, abortion only when health is in danger, abortion only in the first trimester??? Strange times, slightly disturbing times.

Read Jim's post on the previous page, that pretty much nails it.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1205 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:47 pm

Ronnie wrote:Where are we going with this, are all AFL Presidents/Board members/CEO's now meant to come out and explicitly state they support abortion? and is that abortion on demand, abortion only when health is in danger, abortion only in the first trimester??? Strange times, slightly disturbing times.
The bloke is the leader of a extremist group, he isn’t just some member of your local church.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:52 pm

Jim05 wrote:
The bloke is the leader of a extremist group, he isn’t just some member of your local church.

Is he?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:15 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Is he?

Wasn’t explained like that when I was watching the coverage this morning

Frowns on homosexuality and abortion was their main points. He said he personally had no issues with homosexual but no comment on abortion.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:19 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

George Michael round.

I was thinking more the Chuck Mosley round.
Faith No More!

I still feel sorry for the goldfish.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:24 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Is he?

Wasn’t explained like that when I was watching the coverage this morning

Frowns on homosexuality
and abortion was their main points. He said he personally had no issues with homosexual but no comment on abortion.

Only frowns? Fair effort.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:25 pm

The board is interviewing George Pell this evening as a possible replacement.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:26 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Wasn’t explained like that when I was watching the coverage this morning

Frowns on homosexuality
and abortion was their main points. He said he personally had no issues with homosexual but no comment on abortion.

Only frowns? Fair effort.

Depends on whether you're the front person or the back one.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:44 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Is he?
He is the chairman of the organisation.
Have a listen to some of the sermons this mob has done. They are the extremist wing of the Anglican Church and the Anglican diocese has disowned them
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL