2022 AFL offseason - trades - draft

Talk on the national game

Re: 2022 AFL offseason - trades - draft

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:48 pm

tigerpie wrote:Not sure pick 25 will get the Henry deal done unless they throw in a decent player to sweeten it.
He could be an absolute star at Geelong and we should really hold out for a first round pick.
The JHF deal to Port is going to be some sort of magic trick.
North should play hard ball here, if only to set a precedent for future number one draft picks that get "homesick".

Hold on

He couldn't get a game at Collingwood, yet he's a monty to get a game at Geelong? I'm clearly missing something, perhaps a lot.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:59 pm

A year in the VFL learning their system and take over from Rohan who probably only had a year left before retirement
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby tigerpie » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:48 pm

Brodlach wrote:A year in the VFL learning their system and take over from Rohan who probably only had a year left before retirement

That's what I was thinking.
He's Rohan insurance and will be his replacement when needed.
I think Ash Johnson just went past him this year, but he's a risk after his ordinary finals display.
I hope he stays with us.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby DOC » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:22 am

The AFL has rejected Port Adelaide’s bid to sidestep league rules and trade future first- and second-round picks to bring Jason Horne-Francis to Alberton.

Clubs can trade multiple future selections as long as a first-round pick is not involved but the complexities of various brewing deals this fortnight led Power officials to ask if there was a way around those regulations.

Another option is for Port Adelaide to trade in an extra first- or second-round pick but that would almost certainly require it to trade a player with currency.

Victorians Zak Butters, Josh Sinn, Xavier Duursma and Miles Bergman all fit that bill but the Power does not want to lose any of them.

The news is a setback to plans for a four-club megadeal that emerged on Friday night and would have involved Port Adelaide, North Melbourne, West Coast and Greater Western Sydney.

The Giants were set to score pick one, the Kangaroos selections two, three and possibly Port’s future first-rounder, the Eagles Nos.8 and 12, plus Horne-Francis and Junior Rioli would have arrived at the Power.

The idea was for a series of pick swaps this year and next to round out the deal, including Port Adelaide’s future second-round selection.

GWS could also pivot to trade picks three and 12 – plus potentially a later selection as a sweetener – in return for North Melbourne’s No.1, which may be used on promising key forward Aaron Cadman.

Roos list boss Brady Rawlings has so far been adamant they expect more from Port than its pick eight and future first-round selection to broker a trade for Horne-Francis, last year’s top pick.

They could choose to hold Horne-Francis to his contract and try to change his mind but that remains unlikely.

The Power also hopes to convince Geelong to trade contracted defender Esava Ratugolea to them in the coming days.

There has been difficulty finding common ground between West Coast and Port Adelaide on Rioli, too, who the Eagles remain disappointed to be losing.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 2086 times

Postby whufc » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:42 am

Oh so all our talk on here that they would offer their 8 pick and first rounder next year couldn’t happen anyway
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby DOC » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:54 am

I am not sure what to think.

The article states that you can not trade a future first round selection but multiple deals have had this is as a likely scenario.
DOC
Coach

Postby Vamos » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:31 am

Think the block is that you can't trade multiple future selections in the one year if trading out future first round pick in said year. Trading future 2nd and 3rd in the one year is ok I believe. Port are looking at Pick 8 this year and 1st round next year which aint gonna get the deal done so added in 2nd round next year too, this is when the AFL said NO.

You can certainly trade out your future first, who could forget Collingwood trading theirs to GWS only to finish 17th and gifting them pick 2.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:06 am

Port can trade their future 1st and 2nd picks but they need to bring in a future 1st beforehand.
bye bye MitchG
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 384 times
Been liked: 1436 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby stan » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:32 am

Armchair expert wrote:Port can trade their future 1st and 2nd picks but they need to bring in a future 1st beforehand.
bye bye MitchG
Hello Mitch. We have been expecting you....
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby whufc » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:34 pm

Kind of feel like ports nerve is going to be tested as West Coast seemed to hold all the ‘power’ and also the key to the JHF deal.

Out of all the players looking for a trade you would have to think it’s Rioli who might be denied his move. West Coast seem to be playing hard ball on the Rioli trade and why not. They supported him strongly through a crisis. He may want the trade but his missed that much football in recent times I doubt he will refuse to play for WC in the event a trade doesn’t work. If WC miss out on the second round pick Port seem to want to give it’s hardly going to change WC fortunes over the next couple of years.

The Dunkley trade is hard to see happening as well unless there is some mega trade including multiple clubs…….maybe it’s an avenue Port might be able to look at to make the JHF trade work if they can’t come to a deal with WC. You would think Brisbane and Port would be talking about how they can try and make something work.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby stan » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:00 pm

whufc wrote:Kind of feel like ports nerve is going to be tested as West Coast seemed to hold all the ‘power’ and also the key to the JHF deal.

Out of all the players looking for a trade you would have to think it’s Rioli who might be denied his move. West Coast seem to be playing hard ball on the Rioli trade and why not. They supported him strongly through a crisis. He may want the trade but his missed that much football in recent times I doubt he will refuse to play for WC in the event a trade doesn’t work. If WC miss out on the second round pick Port seem to want to give it’s hardly going to change WC fortunes over the next couple of years.

The Dunkley trade is hard to see happening as well unless there is some mega trade including multiple clubs…….maybe it’s an avenue Port might be able to look at to make the JHF trade work if they can’t come to a deal with WC. You would think Brisbane and Port would be talking about how they can try and make something work.
I don't think the JHF trade gets done. It will be an interesting time for him back at North.

Rioli is just disappointing after everything.

Dunkley the most likely to happen to be honest.
stan
Coach

Postby Booney » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:19 pm

whufc wrote:Oh so all our talk on here that they would offer their 8 pick and first rounder next year couldn’t happen anyway

No. We can do 1st 2022 and 1st 2023 but can't do any other 2023 picks if we trade out our 1st rounder.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Booney » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:25 pm

stan wrote:
whufc wrote:Kind of feel like ports nerve is going to be tested as West Coast seemed to hold all the ‘power’ and also the key to the JHF deal.

I don't think the JHF trade gets done. It will be an interesting time for him back at North.

He won't be playing for North in 2023.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

2022 AFL offseason - trades - draft

Postby Jim05 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:58 pm

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:

He won't be playing for North in 2023.
Yep, think he will do a McCarthy
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dutchy » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:32 pm

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:Oh so all our talk on here that they would offer their 8 pick and first rounder next year couldn’t happen anyway

No. We can do 1st 2022 and 1st 2023 but can't do any other 2023 picks if we trade out our 1st rounder.

Port haven't got a 2nd rounder this year? What gets it done Boon?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby Vamos » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:59 pm

Georgiades and future first rounder for pick 2 and Rioli should get it done. Port then give North 2 & 8 for JHF.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Dutchy » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:18 pm

Vamos wrote:Georgiades and future first rounder for pick 2 and Rioli should get it done. Port then give North 2 & 8 for JHF.

happy with that
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:33 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Vamos wrote:Georgiades and future first rounder for pick 2 and Rioli should get it done. Port then give North 2 & 8 for JHF.

happy with that

Yep, no more messing around - move on.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5483 times
Been liked: 5122 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby DOC » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:35 pm

Just get Stan to agree and you can lodge the paperwork. Thank God GWS not involved because we have no one on here from them, unless Armie gets on board.
DOC
Coach

Postby stan » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:52 pm

DOC wrote:Just get Stan to agree and you can lodge the paperwork. Thank God GWS not involved because we have no one on here from them, unless Armie gets on board.
On the beers this Arvo watching the race with a few mates, might need to wait until Monday.
stan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL