Play HQ

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Play HQ

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:42 pm

Can anyone tell me if they're able to select which opposition bowlers dismissed their team/clubs batsman and if there's an option where catches, run outs and stumpings can be recorded aswell as enter opposition dismissals on the Play HQ score entry?

Enetering scores was pretty straightforward but we've been unable to select which bowlers from the opposition teams dismissed our batsmen and are unable to find where we record catches and opposition dismissals which is really annoying me.

We also can't enter wicketkeeping and fielding votes either and then in our association the Captain's umpire/ground reports are apparently going to be sent out via email to our captains to do the reports and votes, I don't think that's going to be very reliable.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Bedge » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:46 pm

Sorry I live scores yesterday as my first experience for PlayHQ scores haha. Pretty simple and straight forward, worked well.. couple of bits I’m not a huge fan of but meh.

Also can’t replace a player once scores have been entered so not sure what I’ll do.

I hate not being able to set up votes in the system - you can have 1, but we have fielding & BnF so need two.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby saintal » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:24 am

My association doesn't start til this weekend, but was following a few of the live games over the weekend and noticed the 'ball by ball' feature doesn't work currently on the mycricket app, and you're unable to bring up the personal details/stats on players. Still a work in progress??
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:42 am

Ok live scoring isn't great.. just put in my B grade scores from scratch - missed an over and stuffed another, so made the adjustments end of the innings - turns out you cant edit the stats of the opposition when making adjustments. :roll:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:13 pm

The Bedge wrote:Ok live scoring isn't great.. just put in my B grade scores from scratch - missed an over and stuffed another, so made the adjustments end of the innings - turns out you cant edit the stats of the opposition when making adjustments. :roll:

Should be called Play H Poo
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Barkeroo » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:38 pm

Thing is it's been used during the winter by the Northern Territory cricket comps so surely some of the kinks should have been ironed out by now.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:30 pm

Barkeroo wrote:Thing is it's been used during the winter by the Northern Territory cricket comps so surely some of the kinks should have been ironed out by now.

One of the dumbest aspects I seen with it was when I tried checking scores on my phone it would have the bowlers economy rate but not how many runs scored off of them, not a big deal but just plain stupid.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Barkeroo wrote:Thing is it's been used during the winter by the Northern Territory cricket comps so surely some of the kinks should have been ironed out by now.

One of the dumbest aspects I seen with it was when I tried checking scores on my phone it would have the bowlers economy rate but not how many runs scored off of them, not a big deal but just plain stupid.

Turn your phone sideways and it does the lot, but yeah, crazy to think the guys setting the app up think economy rate is more important than runs conceded. Just goes to show how little they know about cricket.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:36 pm

Also shit about PlayHQ - can not produce statistical reports!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:38 pm

Was anyone able to enter catches without live scoring?

Both Para Vista and CU could not see each other’s batting lineup to enter catches.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:24 pm

Trader wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Turn your phone sideways and it does the lot, but yeah, crazy to think the guys setting the app up think economy rate is more important than runs conceded. Just goes to show how little they know about cricket.

Goes to show you how T20 drives everything these days.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:39 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Was anyone able to enter catches without live scoring?

Both Para Vista and CU could not see each other’s batting lineup to enter catches.
Ah so not being able to enter catches is across the board, bloody annoying!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:34 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

Staggering that this organisation won a tender process over 12 months ago on the premise of a 1 stop shop for administrative tasks and hasn't picked up on issues like this!

How can Cricket Australia sit there and treat grass roots clubs like this? They rely on such organisations for their beloved 'participation' numbers.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:57 pm

heater31 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Staggering that this organisation won a tender process over 12 months ago on the premise of a 1 stop shop for administrative tasks and hasn't picked up on issues like this!

How can Cricket Australia sit there and treat grass roots clubs like this? They rely on such organisations for their beloved 'participation' numbers.
Staggering indeed, I can't understand why they couldn't copy/implement ALL of the MyCricket score/data entry we are used to that includes the entry of catches, run outs, stumpings, opposition dismissals and votes. I assumed that was the case, did they just f**king forget to include them or something? They're all a part of the game FFS.

Surely these will be implemented eventually?
I emailed our association president about it yesterday but haven't heard back yet.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:57 pm

Sounds like Play HQ is nothing but an utter Shit Show which i'm not surprised about.
After finally mastering Mycricket i dont have the patience to learn all this new shit and all i've heard from others in the Club that are tasked with using it is "It cant do this or cant do that". Things that just should be F*****G Standard !!!!!
Again, doesn't surprise me at all :roll:
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby bulldogproud » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:55 pm

jackpot jim wrote:Sounds like Play HQ is nothing but an utter Shit Show which i'm not surprised about.
After finally mastering Mycricket i dont have the patience to learn all this new shit and all i've heard from others in the Club that are tasked with using it is "It cant do this or cant do that". Things that just should be F*****G Standard !!!!!

Agreed, from an admin perspective, MyCricket was a good system that just needed tweaking, not complete overhauling.
From a scoring perspective, Total Cricket Scorer is soooooooo far ahead of the other systems that it isn't funny.
Seems that Cricket Australia are as good as making poor decisions as SACA is - thanks, James Sutherland :evil:
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:33 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yeah noticed that as well and thought it was pretty silly hey.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:14 am

bulldogproud wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:Sounds like Play HQ is nothing but an utter Shit Show which i'm not surprised about.

Agreed, from an admin perspective, MyCricket was a good system that just needed tweaking, not complete overhauling.
From a scoring perspective, Total Cricket Scorer is soooooooo far ahead of the other systems that it isn't funny.
Seems that Cricket Australia are as good as making poor decisions as SACA is - thanks, James Sutherland :evil:

Mycricket had it's flaws early on but they were ironed out, the change was not necessary.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:21 am

Cricket outgrew MyCricket and the program couldn't support the load - wasn't that the biggest issue / need to change over?

PlayHQ isn't bad, but it's not really cricket fit for purpose either - it's a hybrid system aimed to tick off the bare mini requirements for all sports.

Even small things in MyCricket like being able to email availability, or text/email all members is missed in PlayHQ.

Statistics not being able to be viewed, in progress games do not show the players scorecard (unless you go via mycricket), inability to select what stats or columns you wish to have visible. Stats not being able to be extracted from PlayHQ or visible on a central point are a pain in the arse.

Clearance / Permit system is frustrating also, as is the need to register as a player / coach / volunteer - instead of just allocating those roles like you could in MyCricket.

My players had so much issues trying to register.. now trying to find info in PlayHQ they struggle also.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Trader » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:01 pm

The Bedge wrote:Cricket outgrew MyCricket and the program couldn't support the load - wasn't that the biggest issue / need to change over?

Cricket only outgrew MyCricket because MyCricket was told 2 years ago they weren't getting the next contract so they stopped investing in it.
Last year's server issues were only due to the fact they stopped expanding.

MyCricket was great. It was not only keeping up but was actually driving the improvement.

This narrative that CA and the states are driving that change was required is a joke.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps