PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:00 pm

whufc wrote:Declare overnight.....bowl them out inside an hour and spend the next 12 hours on the piss :lol: :lol: :lol:

and cost Trav Mc a shot at a 100, and give Davies a monster lead on the batting award? No chance! :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:26 pm

Davies already out, 207 I think was the magic number.. Travy on 65ish off about 20 rocks, not sure who he’s in with

Spoke with Justin Saturday and he’s definitely not keen to fry them, he’s just keen to get to win and was fortunate enough to start the season the way he has!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby carey » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:44 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Davies already out, 207 I think was the magic number.. Travy on 65ish off about 20 rocks, not sure who he’s in with

Spoke with Justin Saturday and he’s definitely not keen to fry them, he’s just keen to get to win and was fortunate enough to start the season the way he has!

Not keen to Fry them???? =)) =)) =))

Rolled them for 20 odd and nearly 500 on the board, He Fried them! LOL :lol:

I'm seriously surprised they didn't put them back in and enjoy the week off!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby #bleedredandblue » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:19 am

Should have said “not keen to fry them for much longer”

I’ve played against westies for a long time and they have never been keen to finish a game early or even in a day, maximum points and getting game time into all their players! Probably the reason they’ve been the best team for the last 15 years, maybe longer

Eastern park have been the opposite, any chance we got for an early day and some beers you better believe we would call it a day and get stuck in haha
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:23 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Should have said “not keen to fry them for much longer”

I’ve played against westies for a long time and they have never been keen to finish a game early or even in a day, maximum points and getting game time into all their players! Probably the reason they’ve been the best team for the last 15 years, maybe longer

Eastern park have been the opposite, any chance we got for an early day and some beers you better believe we would call it a day and get stuck in haha

Never been truer words spoken....100% why im getting the outright asap and on the piss :lol: Also, why i have never won a div 1 flag.....no ability and no killer instinct :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:48 am

carey wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:Davies already out, 207 I think was the magic number.. Travy on 65ish off about 20 rocks, not sure who he’s in with

Not keen to Fry them???? =)) =)) =))

Rolled them for 20 odd and nearly 500 on the board, He Fried them! LOL :lol:

I'm seriously surprised they didn't put them back in and enjoy the week off!

Probably would've if it was round 13 or something, round 1 and everyone wants to get on the park and have a hit.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:56 pm

T Mac 183. I wonder how many balls to get to 100. They have destroyed/killed / demolished and any other word that comes to mind. Surely a Div 2 club would put a better fight up than that
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Observer55 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:20 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:T Mac 183. I wonder how many balls to get to 100. They have destroyed/killed / demolished and any other word that comes to mind. Surely a Div 2 club would put a better fight up than that

Hope EP rock up all year, hopefully they can get a few lads back to strengthen them throughout the year. We may have a 5 team Div 1 comp next week. If this doesn’t scream change for 2023/24 I am not sure what does?
Observer55

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Bedge » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:47 am

Apparently they're expecting to get some players back soon.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Homer J » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:10 am

The Bedge wrote:Apparently they're expecting to get some players back soon.

Just not the club legend that played for the Units yesterday.
Homer J
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 43 times

Postby whufc » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:01 pm

The Bedge wrote:Apparently they're expecting to get some players back soon.

Nugget played for Smithfield so won’t be him
whufc
Coach

Postby Eggy » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:23 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Declare overnight.....bowl them out inside an hour and spend the next 12 hours on the piss :lol: :lol: :lol:

and cost Trav Mc a shot at a 100, and give Davies a monster lead on the batting award? No chance! :D

It was a joke… there were better players playing in the LO3 game next door. 2 females wearing black tights playing grade 1 cricket ( obviously not blaming them as they were probably fill ins) and only had 8 wickets with the bat…. Not good
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby GarrytheGOAT » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:15 am

What changes could the PDCA make to resurrect the season? It is a terrible image for the competition having a side lose by an innings and nearly 600 runs!!! Even when sides like OTH and Riverside were at their lowest they still weren't this bad.

Do they thank E.P for their effort in trying to resurrect a team after the mess that last seasons players have put them in and kick them to a lower grade?

What team would want to come up? they all seem to be a bit scared at the prospect of playing in a higher division?
GarrytheGOAT
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:32 am

GarrytheGOAT wrote:What changes could the PDCA make to resurrect the season? It is a terrible image for the competition having a side lose by an innings and nearly 600 runs!!! Even when sides like OTH and Riverside were at their lowest they still weren't this bad.

Do they thank E.P for their effort in trying to resurrect a team after the mess that last seasons players have put them in and kick them to a lower grade?

What team would want to come up? they all seem to be a bit scared at the prospect of playing in a higher division?

You wouldn't think an div2 team will want to come up.

If you won in round 1 the last thing you want to do is go, be a bottom feeder in div2. If you lost in round 1 you would hardly think your good enough to go, make the step up to div1.

Maybe the only way you could do it is if a team does go up, they can be guaranteed to not be relegated for next season. That might entice a team to get through this year and then next year build a div1 side that can be competitive but I'm not sure that would even work.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:34 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Should have said “not keen to fry them for much longer”

Looks like they got more than fried.....absolutely cremated.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:13 am

Looking at scores, would appear with the exception of EP A the rest of the teams / grades are pretty even.

Tough one to deal with on EP - on one hand it’s not great seeing results like the weekend, and not good for the comp.. on the other hand one could argue this is their own doing, granting them an out won’t serve to teach them any lessons.

There is a bye in LO3 off top of my head, they could potentially fit in there - but would need some serious restrictions around the future with who can or can’t come back in. Last thing I’d want to see is 12 months later “the band” is back together and demanding a return to top flight or worse taking the piss out of lower grade sides.

Bye in Grade 1 would be shit house. Absolute crap. Maybe offer someone in G2 or LO1 an incentive to take up a spot up there eg discounted affiliation fees? Who knows.

I think we are looking at the last season of mixed format cricket though - it’s only going to take one of the remaining two day clubs to go to LO and it’s ******.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:19 am

GarrytheGOAT wrote:What changes could the PDCA make to resurrect the season? It is a terrible image for the competition having a side lose by an innings and nearly 600 runs!!! Even when sides like OTH and Riverside were at their lowest they still weren't this bad.

Success brings numbers in on a Saturday night, why would any club want to go up if they don't think they have the cattle?

ATCO: Thier list is about the same, perhaps slight improvement on last season, I'd probably have them as favourites atm but at the end of the day, they only won Grade 3 last season so they should not be expected to go to Grade 1 mid season.

Enfield: I would rank #2 in this grade atm with an improved list, didn't make the Grade 3 GF last season so shouldn't be considered.

Eyre Royals: List is weaker than last season, finished 4th out of 6 in Grade 2 last season, not ready.

North Pines: The bag or allsorts in the comp, can beat anyone on their day, can fail miserably the next, no chance.

Parafield Gardens: Will have some good wins during the season but there is no chance of them going up.

Salisbury West: It's their B Grade, can't go up.

I think it just demonstrates that the comp is at it's most competitve being 6 team divisions, the association can't force people to play two day cricket, all they can do is accommodate for people who wan't to play the game in the genre the choose to.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:31 am

George copped his first mouthful of the season Saturday from me... old mate from North Pines not out overnight - no show day 2.. "he's injured and running late" was the first comment, then "he needs to go buy a helmet" the next.

George ends up letting the bloke "retire hurt" overnight, which I was filthy about and let him know how I felt - said bloke should just be timed out.

Anyway get over that, move on.. then look at the time i'ts 1:05pm and we are still standing there waiting for the "replacement" to get padded up! :roll:

So I asked George if he can be timed out as well - after all it's only 2min this season as per the email last week., :lol:

On a side note, if North Pines want people to respect them more - they need to tell people like Scot May to **** off from their club.. blokes lucky he didn't lose his last two teeth Saturday with his drunken carry on.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:31 am

If Div 1 goes to five teams.

Would you consider making it a top 3 this year for finals. Top spot straight into the GF, 2 vs 3 play to get into the GF.

I know the 5 teams left will be pretty even, but it just might make the minor round a bit more intense.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:58 am

Here's a whack idea..

if Grade 1 went to 5 teams, i'd consider removing one match out of the LO1 fixture, issue a 'bye' for one team and the other play the Grade 1 side who would have played EP.

Ladders / Points stay relevant to each game / division.

EP only need to get through one more 2 day game before one day fixtures arrive for 10 straight games.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps