CDFC 2024

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:17 pm

DOC wrote:Big trouble for Centrals if that letter is any indication.

Lets cut to the chase. You need to get rid of him now.

September is in spring not autumn!

Only in the southern hemisphere; Meggsy and Co are traversing the world finding the right players for us... expect a few Irish and American recruits ;) September is Autumn for over 80% of the world's population ;)
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:24 pm

Nathan Tape has been appointed the position of U18's coach for the 2023 season,
he was the assistant coach for the U18's in 2022.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1659 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby wild dog » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:48 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:A letter from Greg Edwards to all members of the CDFC.

In addition, behind the scenes we have been working hard on having our development zone expanded to include another country zone and a larger metro zone. Broadly, our current zone is largely made up of the Salisbury, Elizabeth, Munno Para, Golden Grove (which we share with North and Norwood), Gawler and the Barossa Valley areas. To paint a picture, compared to other SANFL clubs, we have the largest population of 9 to 16 year olds, and the smallest football participation in the same age group. There are many reasons out of the control of the club for this situation, in the main it is the impact of society issues in general, plus other sports in our heavily populated areas.

We have 18 clubs to provide us with young talent across our zones, with some of those metro clubs struggling at junior level, a few without junior teams. As a comparison, other SANFL clubs range from 36 clubs down to around 20 clubs. This has been a massive focus for me and our Talent Manager Scott Stevens through 2022, and have presented our case to SANFL. We wait for confirmation, but we believe we have presented our case well enough to earn an expanded zone for our Clubs future. This is critical to the future successes of our club at all levels, including at senior level. As soon as we have confirmation, we’ll let you all know.

We have welcomed Mark Ross to our Club recently, who will take up the role of Football Manager. This is an important appointment, one which will ensure we are well resourced in our football department and have a key focus on the management of our playing list, recruiting processes, coaching structure and player welfare and development. Mark will work closely with Scott Stevens on the promotion of our emerging talent, as well as with our senior coach and coaching/support group regards program improvements and technology.

Regards,

Greg Edwards

Chief Executive Officer | Central District Football Club

Well I'm not sure if Meggsy can take the plaudits for the Under 15's however both the country and metro teams came top of their respective pools. I guess the result does not totally back up his push for a realignment of boundaries so it will be interesting how this issue is managed.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:18 pm

Further good news: Hosko, Jarrod, Barreau and Rhett have all signed on again.
Marcus will be like a new recruit and I see him as a big part of our team next year.
Rhett playing depends on the draft, of course.
I can also lay the rumours of Hugo Munn walking out of Iggies to bed. Sadly his season was cut short due to injury. He would certainly have been welcomed at Iggies again next year if we hadn't signed him. Quiet in nature but a person of good character.
Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby northerner » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:28 pm

bulldogproud wrote:Further good news: Hosko, Jarrod, Barreau and Rhett have all signed on again.
Marcus will be like a new recruit and I see him as a big part of our team next year.
Rhett playing depends on the draft, of course.
I can also lay the rumours of Hugo Munn walking out of Iggies to bed. Sadly his season was cut short due to injury. He would certainly have been welcomed at Iggies again next year if we hadn't signed him. Quiet in nature but a person of good character.
Cheers

Agree re Barreau... he is one of our best 4 players.

Matt Gallarello appointed as ressies coach for 2023.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 436 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Sticks28 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:05 pm

Ryan Llewelyn and Darcy pisani outs for central next year is my mail - have signed at a local club
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Big Phil » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:07 pm

Sticks28 wrote:Ryan Llewelyn and Darcy pisani outs for central next year is my mail - have signed at a local club

TTG?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby northerner » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:13 pm

Sticks28 wrote:Ryan Llewelyn and Darcy pisani outs for central next year is my mail - have signed at a local club

Could well be correct.
Also losing 2 brothers back to their home state to play under their 3rd bro who is coaching.

On the positive, half a dozen signings made last week including a couple of current SANFL league players who may find extra playing time in the midfield than where they are currently playing.
And a few players arriving from afl/vfl ranks next week to have a look around.
northerner
Reserves

Postby Sticks28 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:00 pm

Big Phil wrote:

TTG?[/

Nah at modbury is the rumour
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby bulldogproud » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:58 pm

northerner wrote:

Could well be correct.
Also losing 2 brothers back to their home state to play under their 3rd bro who is coaching.

On the positive, half a dozen signings made last week including a couple of current SANFL league players who may find extra playing time in the midfield than where they are currently playing.

Sad to lose the Neagle boys but understandable in the circumstances.
Also sad to lose Ryan and Darcy.
Thank you to all five for their contributions to the club.
Northerner, do the half-dozen signings include current players (e.g. Hosko) or are they new to the club?
Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby northerner » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:09 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
northerner wrote:

Could well be correct.

Northerner, do the half-dozen signings include current players (e.g. Hosko) or are they new to the club?
Cheers

Newbies from other SANFL clubs
northerner
Reserves

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:42 am

northerner wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:
northerner wrote:

Could well be correct.

Cheers

Newbies from other SANFL clubs

And who might they be?
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby southernbulldog » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:12 am

Northerner a couple of SANFL signings generally means only 2 are they proven league players or guys on the fringe
because we have to many of them now .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby northerner » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:53 pm

southernbulldog wrote:Northerner a couple of SANFL signings generally means only 2 are they proven league players or guys on the fringe
because we have to many of them now .

I have no specific names/info. I believe a couple are regular league players who are attracted by the opportunity to take on bigger roles (ie midfield) than may otherwise happen at their current Club.
Hopefully announcements will be made soon. Something we are clearly better at doing nowadays.
northerner
Reserves

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:16 pm

Jakob Thompson has signed for Two Wells
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Big Phil » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:09 pm

whufc wrote:Jakob Thompson has signed for Two Wells

Don't reckon he was fit enough for SANFL League football, anyway.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:49 pm

Watching the 2000 Grand Final on SANFL Now (and disappointed they only have the one match from that great decade despite promising a 2000's week) I am reminded that within 12 months of our captains going to England, we always win a premiership ;) :D
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby StrayDog » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:12 am

bulldogproud wrote:Watching the 2000 Grand Final on SANFL Now (and disappointed they only have the one match from that great decade despite promising a 2000's week) I am reminded that within 12 months of our captains going to England, we always win a premiership ;) :D

Oddly enough, I'd been watching some of that game on YT very early that morning, and with the missus later in the day about the same time you posted. The result, the speech and Stewie Dew's goal in the third among the obvious highlights. Quinno and Matty Slade's pack marking efforts as well.

Back line as tough as old boots, but still the Eagles' highest score in the first three GFs against the 'Dogs.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:07 am

StrayDog wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:Watching the 2000 Grand Final on SANFL Now (and disappointed they only have the one match from that great decade despite promising a 2000's week) I am reminded that within 12 months of our captains going to England, we always win a premiership ;) :D

Oddly enough, I'd been watching some of that game on YT very early that morning, and with the missus later in the day about the same time you posted. The result, the speech and Stewie Dew's goal in the third among the obvious highlights. Quinno and Matty Slade's pack marking efforts as well.

Back line as tough as old boots, but still the Eagles' highest score in the first three GFs against the 'Dogs.

I've been to an AFL GF, boxing day test much, Australian Open semifinal and nothing compares for atmosphere to that last 10 minutes of that GF.......absolute scenes.

Apart from all the highlights and great moments the one part that stands out for me when watching the game is how much the rules have changed.

When you watch the game now you would probably see a missed free every minute based on how the game is umpired. 2000 football and 2022 football is barely recognisable as the same sport. I won't say for better or worse.......just different.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:47 am

Llewellyn & Pisani have left The 'Dogs & gone to Modbury.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1659 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL