retirements and upcoming signings

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: retirements and upcoming signings

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:46 am

DOC wrote:Both the Centrals recruits are in the Army. Not sure if that helps. hinders or has no affect.

Jayden looked promising at South before he left for the army. Played 10 games for BBH kicking 24 goals. Whuffer may have seen him.

Yeah i was wondering the same. I played at a cricket club near the defence force base and we had half a dozen players in the Army.

You could always count on the worst possible timing for them to have to go away with work including one year where we lost 3 players for a GF because of an interstate trip. I'm guessing the club would have asked about all of that.

yeah surprised Jayden Hall was picked up.......i only saw him once this year, he kicked one goal against us and was pretty average to be honest. Wasn't named in the best for Burra that day so maybe i caught him on a off day.

Kicked 11 goals in 2 games against the bottom side who were a bunch of young kids and then kicked 5 & 4 respectively against the second to bottom and third to bottom side all in the last 3 rounds of the year when BBH had finals on the line and those sides had checked out. Maybe he was just finding his feet.

Based on all that would be very surprised if he plays much league footy.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:47 am

wenchbarwer wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:He was named in Sturt's best players 6 times in his final season, 2019.
He also scored 9 goals in the National Under 18s Championship.

Never before have I seen such an attack on a new young recruit from supporters of his old club.
There sure seems to be quite a lot of upset that he left his old club.

Those stats I posted were of his 2019 season.

He got in the best in the Reserves six times that year, not League - https://websites.mygameday.app/team_inf ... ask=DETAIL

Like I said before, good luck

I know, but as he was only 19 at the time, it was asking a fair bit to expect him to hold down a key position spot. Guys his size tend to mature later.
Thommo will hopefully get the most out of him.
As for Old Iggies, I will ask a few guys at training tonight their thoughts.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Big Phil » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:10 pm

Jack Hannath officially retired from SANFL footy, now.

Comes from a great family and is one of the nicest, most genuine guys you could meet.

Whispers continue to abound about discontent down the Bay way and that a Magarey Medalist might be looking for a new old home.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:13 am

Big Phil wrote:Jack Hannath officially retired from SANFL footy, now.

Comes from a great family and is one of the nicest, most genuine guys you could meet.

Whispers continue to abound about discontent down the Bay way and that a Magarey Medalist might be looking for a new old home.

Sadly no bloke would ever move from a club a stones throw from the beach up to the hood.
whufc
Coach

Postby southernbulldog » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:18 am

Big Phil i assume you are referring to Partington heading back to Norwood
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby DOC » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:13 am

His steadfast refusal to play Hannath this year was quite surprising given that neither Minchin or Cole were up to it and playing McBean in the ruck robbed the forward line of the best tall forward in the league.

Partington leaving will hurt if it happens. Would make Norwood an even stronger outfit especially if they regain Naish.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2084 times

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:33 am

DOC wrote:

His steadfast refusal to play Hannath this year was quite surprising given that neither Minchin or Cole were up to it and playing McBean in the ruck robbed the forward line of the best tall forward in the league.

Partington leaving will hurt if it happens. Would make Norwood an even stronger outfit especially if they regain Naish.

For one reason or another Hannath had that effect on coaches. Lairdy was the same as well, went through a year or two where he just wasn't given a game no matter what.
whufc
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:49 am

DOC wrote:

Could be wrong - And I have no inside information on this one - But I'd be highly surprised if Naish came back.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby wenchbarwer » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:39 pm

whufc wrote:For one reason or another Hannath had that effect on coaches. Lairdy was the same as well, went through a year or two where he just wasn't given a game no matter what.

He might be a great bloke, but watching him run around at times over the last couple of seasons, I'm not surprised Hand didn't play him. Tallest witches hat I've seen in a while.
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 286 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby stampy » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:24 pm

Cameron Mcgree to glenelg
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 333 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby DOC » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:26 pm

Think he was best on ground in the SFL grand final.

He always gave 100%.
DOC
Coach

Postby goddy11 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:33 pm

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club wishes to advise Members & Supporters that Jarred Allmond has retired, and Dylan Clarke will be returning to Melbourne
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby DOC » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:36 pm

I had been thinking that their have been very few players on the way out this year.
DOC
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:27 pm

Jesse White and Sam Mayes likely to sign with North soon.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby DOC » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:30 am

I do not think any club has signed a new (to the club) player who will be 35 at the commencement of the season.
DOC
Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:44 pm

Zane Williams back to the Eagles
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby robranisgod » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:08 pm

DOC wrote:I do not think any club has signed a new (to the club) player who will be 35 at the commencement of the season.

Off the top of my head I can think of one who was 35 and turned 36 in his only season and one other possible.
The possible was Max Parker who was born in 1953 and played for North for one season in 1988. I don't know in which month his birthday was.
The certainty was Fred Pemberton who was born in 1923 and played for Glenelg for one season in 1959.
Despite turning 36 during the season, Pemberton was Glenelg's leading goalkicker and was famously known as last kick Pemberton. During the minor round he scored a goal in the last 10 seconds to win a game against North and then in the first semi final he scored two goals within the last 90 seconds to win the game for Glenelg against Sturt by one point. He was the last Second World War Serviceman to play League Football in South Australia.
Last edited by robranisgod on Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 227 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby DOC » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:53 pm

Max was born on October 29 1953. So just misses out.
DOC
Coach

Postby pompy » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:16 pm

Email from NAFC.

The North Adelaide Football Club is excited to announce our first addition for season 2023 is Connor Nutting.

Connor joins the Roosters from Queensland based VFL club, Southport Sharks. Originally a Gold Coast Academy member before being selected to the Gold Coast Suns AFL list in 2017.

He joined the Southport Sharks for the 2020 season and remained there until the end of the 2022 season.

Connor is a hybrid forward who has good speed, skills, and the ability to play high or deep on the ground. Connor also has the adaptability to play multiple roles, including in defence if required. Connor is good aerially and will add another dynamic to our forward structure.

“Connor is an athletic utility who can play at either end. Mainly playing as a forward, he is exciting and gets at the ball in the air and on the floor. Connor is a person of high character and one we are looking forward to watching grow in our program. Please welcome Connor and his Partner Daisy and family to the North Adelaide Football Club.” Senior Coach Jacob Surjan

“Stoked to finally be a part of the Rooster family for the 2023 season. After coming down and seeing what you guys are about, I loved the culture you guys have built and see myself buying into it very well. I'm eager to rip in and get going for a big season and hopefully a chance to take back the flag.” Connor Nutting

We would like to welcome Connor and his partner Daisy and their family to the Roosters, and we look forward to watching him run around in the red and white in season 2023.
pompy
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Thiele » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:23 pm

James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 80 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL