Stefan Martin announces his retirement
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3695 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Re: 2022 AFL offseason - trades - draft

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:31 pm

Finally Turner is off our list, geez he hung on for a while. Thought Walker may be kept for KPI depth - and might still as a rookie or at another club.

Jed will get another gig Id suggest, he would be good at GC
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Vamos » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:Finally Turner is off our list, geez he hung on for a while. Thought Walker may be kept for KPI depth - and might still as a rookie or at another club.

Jed will get another gig Id suggest, he would be good at GC

Now Turner can resume his gig as a Patrick Swayze's brother impersonator.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 468 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:59 pm

Polec still on the list?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Vamos » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:28 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Polec still on the list?

Polec > Anderson

I'd love to see Port pick up "Little Jimmy" for a laugh.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 468 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby stan » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:20 am

Stephen Rowe on AA was suggesting without saying it that Jimmy had been treated poorly but the club about his delisting.

Whilst I reckon he's worth another year I feel the crows gave him every opportunity ok the last few years to cement his spot.

Not sure what Stephen is on about, perhaps maybe some deep state football conspiracy at work?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:23 am

stan wrote:Stephen Rowe on AA was suggesting without saying it that Jimmy had been treated poorly but the club about his delisting.

Whilst I reckon he's worth another year I feel the crows gave him every opportunity ok the last few years to cement his spot.

Not sure what Stephen is on about, perhaps maybe some deep state football conspiracy at work?

Slightly surprising......maybe a hint both Rachelle and Rankine won't be getting a load of midfield minutes and will be spending very high % in the forward line.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:13 am

I don't understand why the Crows persist with Murphy?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:29 am

stan wrote:Stephen Rowe on AA was suggesting without saying it that Jimmy had been treated poorly but the club about his delisting.

Whilst J.Rowe has some ability he's not the modern day AFL small forward, by that I mean his agility, pressure and closing speed isn't in keeping with the modern day small. He's smart with the ball in hand, he knows where the goals are but he's limited in his out put at AFL level.

After the Crows 2020 wooden spoon :D he was a bit of a feel good story for the fans, son of a well known Crow, a nice moment when S.Rowe called his first goal but it was more of a fairytale than a shrewd draft pick that was going to help the rebuild.

Having said that, wouldn't surprise me he gets a lifeline.....just not at Alberton.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:06 am

I doubt whether Stephen even knows what he's on about. I don't actually listen to his show so I'm a poor judge but everything I read or hear 2nd hand about him reeks.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:19 am

Booney wrote:

Whilst J.Rowe has some ability he's not the modern day AFL small forward, by that I mean his agility, pressure and closing speed isn't in keeping with the modern day small. He's smart with the ball in hand, he knows where the goals are but he's limited in his out put at AFL level.

After the Crows 2020 wooden spoon :D he was a bit of a feel good story for the fans, son of a well known Crow, a nice moment when S.Rowe called his first goal but it was more of a fairytale than a shrewd draft pick that was going to help the rebuild.

Having said that, wouldn't surprise me he gets a lifeline.....just not at Alberton.

When Rowey says "its up to Jimmy to speak about how he has been treated", this refers to the fact the club have not even spoken to him. He is away in Europe with teammates and got a text message to tell him he was delisted. Would you expect a text from your employer if you were being sacked? This is pretty poor form.

His talks with the Club during second half of season led him to believe he would get another contract or be rookie listed. They have told him now they will be giving the rookie spot to Brett Turner from Glenelg. Coach Nicks has not even spoken to him which again is pretty ordinary, especially for a coach wanting to rebuild the culture and respect the players he is coaching. :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:20 am

He knew before he went away that it was unlikely he’d secure a new contract, he said it on 9 News himself
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:25 am

Brodlach wrote:He knew before he went away that it was unlikely he’d secure a new contract, he said it on 9 News himself

He was being realistic and honest when asked that question, was told by Justin Reid would get the final rookie spot though. Now giving that to Turner. Average again by this Club how they treat people :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:31 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
When Rowey says "its up to Jimmy to speak about how he has been treated", this refers to the fact the club have not even spoken to him. He is away in Europe with teammates and got a text message to tell him he was delisted. Would you expect a text from your employer if you were being sacked? This is pretty poor form.

His talks with the Club during second half of season led him to believe he would get another contract or be rookie listed. They have told him now they will be giving the rookie spot to Brett Turner from Glenelg. Coach Nicks has not even spoken to him which again is pretty ordinary, especially for a coach wanting to rebuild the culture and respect the players he is coaching. :shock:

"Hey, I hope you're enjoying Europe and BTW, you haven't got a job when you get back"
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:33 am

Ordinary way to handle it if that is the case, a 5 minute zoom meeting is all that would be needed, but at least speak to the kid.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:33 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:He knew before he went away that it was unlikely he’d secure a new contract, he said it on 9 News himself

He was being realistic and honest when asked that question, was told by Justin Reid would get the final rookie spot though. Now giving that to Turner. Average again by this Club how they treat people :shock:

He personally told you this?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:36 am

Eagles2014 wrote:

If there's reason to sink the boot in I'm all for it.

Let's ride! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:38 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

He personally told you this?

Basically. My kids are friends so know the family well. Daughter best friends with one of his sisters and we were talking about it last night with her.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:40 am

Booney wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

If there's reason to sink the boot in I'm all for it.

Let's ride! :lol:

Can do it across 2 threads if you like :lol:
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:45 am

I like.