Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby stan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:17 am

whufc wrote:Probably more the things that you're not looking forward rather than gives you the shits.

Knowing the day ahead i have to put on my big boy pants and accept a mistake i made at work and whatever consequences come my way.....luckily no serious damage, or financial cost resulted but potential was there. Lots of reports, investigations and all the formalities that come for what was simply me making a misjudgment that resulted in a mishap related to an operational project we were completing.

Not job loss worthy but definitely a lot of sucking up to the relevant stakeholders required and facing the music with no defense other than I stuffed up. I'm sure there will be a few who will love the opportunity to stick in the boots.

Going to need a few beers tonight me thinks.
Ive made plenty of **** ups in my time, as you said put your big boy pants on and cop what's coming from above.

Whilst there will be plenty of love to sink the boot in and do there super reviews and all there buzz word reviews and stuff like that, make sure you sit back, take stock of what your thoughts were at the time. Treat this as a gift, experience is the best teacher and learn what you can.

Also learn how those around you operate at this time, as I said great this as gift, it opens the world for the truth and who people really are.

End of the day, it is work. It is not your life and who you are, your life outside of work is actually real life.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:17 am

Brodlach wrote:All I can suggest is take what’s coming, accept your fault and don’t argue the little points that may be incorrect

We all make mistakes, it’s how you react after that defines you IMO

yeah absolutely 100% bang on......that's simply what it was and i have already acknowledged I understand the process that will now need to happen. I think having played sport for 30 years like a lot of us on here I'm pretty comfortable copping a spray when deserved.

I guess my frustration is i would love for them to decide what they want to do, give it to me and then we move on. Unfortunately, it looks this will be a few weeks of reports, investigations etc when we all know what went wrong. I made a miscalculation that was rectified just before things went to shit......it doesn't need a 20-page report to know that. The investigation should read 'i ****** up'
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:04 am

stan wrote:
whufc wrote:Probably more the things that you're not looking forward rather than gives you the shits.

Knowing the day ahead i have to put on my big boy pants and accept a mistake i made at work and whatever consequences come my way.....luckily no serious damage, or financial cost resulted but potential was there. Lots of reports, investigations and all the formalities that come for what was simply me making a misjudgment that resulted in a mishap related to an operational project we were completing.

Not job loss worthy but definitely a lot of sucking up to the relevant stakeholders required and facing the music with no defense other than I stuffed up. I'm sure there will be a few who will love the opportunity to stick in the boots.

Going to need a few beers tonight me thinks.
Ive made plenty of **** ups in my time, as you said put your big boy pants on and cop what's coming from above.

Whilst there will be plenty of love to sink the boot in and do there super reviews and all there buzz word reviews and stuff like that, make sure you sit back, take stock of what your thoughts were at the time. Treat this as a gift, experience is the best teacher and learn what you can.

Also learn how those around you operate at this time, as I said great this as gift, it opens the world for the truth and who people really are.

End of the day, it is work. It is not your life and who you are, your life outside of work is actually real life.

Well said Stan.

I'm always one for saying I fxxxed up. But not many do.

I think the comment from Stan above rings true. For me, it's about sitting in the same position with hindsight in mind, what would I have done differently? What lead me to that decision, was it pressure (time, external pressures such as management, lack of access to decision makers)? All of those are important if you are going to grow and get better for the next time this situation arises.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:07 am

We all make mistakes, some try to hide them, but my reflections have always been own them, apologise and learn...not much more the people above can do when you play it that way - most of them will appreciate your honesty.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:22 am

Trying to post from a phone.

Trying to post from a phone.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby locky801 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:07 pm

Barrier Highway roadworks, STILL
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3698 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:19 pm

Well there goes Twitter....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:11 pm

Booney wrote:Well there goes Twitter....

where did it go

( i dont twit)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:59 pm

Current Australian Sports Stars and their moral compasses. Thinking Aussie Netball Team and now Pat Cummins refusing to be in Alinta Energy adverts. Throw in the socceroos meek protest despite the fact they will all jump on the plane to go play in Qatar.

So many contradictions.
Last edited by whufc on Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby locky801 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:04 pm

whufc wrote:Current Australian Sports Stars and their moral compasses. Thinking Aussie Netball Team and now Pat Cummins refusing to be in Alinta Energy adverts.

So many contradictions.

Simple really, dont like the sponsors dont play, i always got taught the game is bigger than the individual ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3698 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:20 pm

locky801 wrote:
whufc wrote:Current Australian Sports Stars and their moral compasses. Thinking Aussie Netball Team and now Pat Cummins refusing to be in Alinta Energy adverts.

So many contradictions.

Simple really, dont like the sponsors dont play, i always got taught the game is bigger than the individual ;)

Like if the bloke was serious and refused to play games under lights and miss his match payments until they used solar lighting then I might praise him. The bloke lives in a 15million dollar mansion now I reckon his place is leaving a much larger carbon footprint than any of our houses are.

Happily flies all over the world 100 times a year more than the average person which would have a massive carbon footprint.

What pisses me off the most is that these people can put sponsorships at risk, they will still get the exact same pay its the money filtered into junior and local cricket that lose out.
whufc
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:39 pm

gadj1976
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:42 pm

whufc wrote:Current Australian Sports Stars and their moral compasses. Thinking Aussie Netball Team and now Pat Cummins refusing to be in Alinta Energy adverts. Throw in the socceroos meek protest despite the fact they will all jump on the plane to go play in Qatar.

So many contradictions.

Yep, the tail is wagging the dog again. What next, Cricket Australia go to market to find another sponsor then have a meeting with the playing group to determine if it's ok for them to sponsor CA? FFS. If you don't like the sponsor, jog on.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:48 pm

"An infamous Porsche driver’s high-profile case was plunged into chaos when they had to be taken naked ahead of their court appearance."

Oh FFS...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:45 pm

Pseudo wrote:

"An infamous Porsche driver’s high-profile case was plunged into chaos when they had to be taken naked ahead of their court appearance."

Oh FFS...

As a society, we've officially lost it.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:49 pm

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real- ... fde79b8e61

So.... if they're going to do this. just let them sit there/stand there for an extended period of time and let them have a think about life and their actions.

For me, if you don't make people think about the consequences, then they'll keep doing it. If there are no repercussions, it will keep happening.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:22 am

Whyalla pelicans

pure evil
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1434 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Spargo » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:09 am

Armchair expert wrote:Whyalla pelicans

pure evil

Whyalla - it might not be the arse end of the world, but you can sure see it from there.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5477 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:32 am

Spargo wrote:

pure evil

Whyalla - it might not be the arse end of the world, but you can sure see it from there.

:lol:

It’s definitely the arse end.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Spargo » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:34 am

Brodlach wrote:
Spargo wrote:

pure evil

:lol:

It’s definitely the arse end.

I spent a week there one afternoon.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5477 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion