HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby Toto » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:11 pm

Even with a merge they will struggle with the outs from both sides. Hooper, Houlihan, (a few more) from Bridgey and the vandermeers and also their BnF winner from this year….. Coming from a long way back in one of the best country comps in the state in hills div 1.

Nairne have had a good junior programs for a very long time, haven’t had immediate success in central div but have improved every year I think? Just missed finals this year I’m pretty sure. But are a much bigger town than most/any of the country div sides.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:38 am

Toto wrote:Even with a merge they will struggle with the outs from both sides. Hooper, Houlihan, (a few more) from Bridgey and the vandermeers and also their BnF winner from this year….. Coming from a long way back in one of the best country comps in the state in hills div 1.

Nairne have had a good junior programs for a very long time, haven’t had immediate success in central div but have improved every year I think? Just missed finals this year I’m pretty sure. But are a much bigger town than most/any of the country div sides.

We have a lost a few others also, think 4 of top 5 in the BnF are gone plus a couple of other lads. Nairne struggled that first year up but they knew long term it was better with their Juniors. They have the big advantage as mentioned of the bigger population whereas ironbank is tiny and bridgey is in the middle of bigger clubs. Its a very tough decision to make and I don't envy the people making it.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby banterfordays » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:06 pm

Good to see Kangarilla Juniors are back in the HFL this season, makes you think about ironbank with one of the reasons for going up to be juniors on the same day, where as now Kangarilla have the same outcome without going up a division
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Cougar » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:54 am

banterfordays wrote:Good to see Kangarilla Juniors are back in the HFL this season, makes you think about ironbank with one of the reasons for going up to be juniors on the same day, where as now Kangarilla have the same outcome without going up a division

Under 14s was in play in 2022 and now likely both 14s and 16s for 2023
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:06 pm

From the outside looking in, this new merger seems pretty strange - bpth clubs still seem to be running as separate entities? Bridgewater running their own junior day?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Keefy » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:16 pm

Dutchy wrote:From the outside looking in, this new merger seems pretty strange - bpth clubs still seem to be running as separate entities? Bridgewater running their own junior day?
I think you will find that both clubs will have their own moddies teams

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby oldman » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:54 pm

Pretty quiet on here. Many players in or out? Any trial games this weekend?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Barkeroo » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:09 pm

oldman wrote:Pretty quiet on here. Many players in or out? Any trial games this weekend?

Mount Barker playing Meadows this Saturday.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby doubletrouble » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:34 pm

Have heard a whisper that Gumeracha is closing its doors at years end.
doubletrouble
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Toto » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:13 pm

Surely not?!?

If things are that dire, swallow your pride and merge! Kersbrook, Birdwood, Torrens Valley and Lobethal all close enough.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby Cougar » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:32 am

doubletrouble wrote:Have heard a whisper that Gumeracha is closing its doors at years end.

Hopefully not, comp has already lost Bridgewater last season. Be strange decision to do it, considering they're the reigning champs, probably flag favs for 2023 and have arguably the best 2 players in the HFL.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Postby Half Back Flanker » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:44 pm

Virginia FC are looking for an A and B Grade trial for Saturday the 15th of April at our oval. PM me if interested.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby oldman » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:08 pm

Ladder prediction shooting virtually blind.

Meadows
Gums
Kangarilla
Birdwood
Kersbrook
Maccy
TV
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby wazzal77 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:14 pm

Just wondering how many junior teams the clubs will be fielding this year? Is there numbers coming through the ranks that will ensure that clubs survive? Country footy in many locations is in trouble with the lack of juniors.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Cougar » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:55 pm

wazzal77 wrote:Just wondering how many junior teams the clubs will be fielding this year? Is there numbers coming through the ranks that will ensure that clubs survive? Country footy in many locations is in trouble with the lack of juniors.

Country Div Clubs certainly not flushed with Juniors. But think all the clubs except Gumeracha are fielding an Under 14s team in 2023 which would be the most for a while. And there is an Under 16.5 comp running which didn't in 2022.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:41 pm

How did the trial game between Kersbrook and Freeling go?
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Toto » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:07 pm

Cougar wrote:
doubletrouble wrote:Have heard a whisper that Gumeracha is closing its doors at years end.

Hopefully not, comp has already lost Bridgewater last season. Be strange decision to do it, considering they're the reigning champs, probably flag favs for 2023 and have arguably the best 2 players in the HFL.

I would think it’s not true. I don’t know about the best 2 in the HFL, certainly 2 of the best in div 2 if you are talking about the Hanna brothers? Some seriously good footballers in Central div, Jesse O’Brien, Sam Williams and Sam Hayden at Hahndorf, Darcy Hourigan, Sam Callins, Nick Amato, Dean Terlich just to name a couple.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby doubletrouble » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:21 am

Toto wrote:
Cougar wrote:

I would think it’s not true. I don’t know about the best 2 in the HFL, certainly 2 of the best in div 2 if you are talking about the Hanna brothers? Some seriously good footballers in Central div, Jesse O’Brien, Sam Williams and Sam Hayden at Hahndorf, Darcy Hourigan, Sam Callins, Nick Amato, Dean Terlich just to name a couple.

Time will tell, don't be surprised when it happens.
doubletrouble
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:30 pm

Toto wrote:
Cougar wrote:

You can make a case for them, Ben has a Div 1 mail medal and Sam has been the most dominant player in Div 2 by far since he returned from leauge footy. Plenty of great players in hills footy though so can make a case for alot of players.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Cougar » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:02 am

BoundaryRider84 wrote:How did the trial game between Kersbrook and Freeling go?

Freeling by around 4 goals.
Cougar
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy