21%
St Pauls OS
6%

Total votes : 34

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

Postby The Old Fellow » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:15 pm

Wee-man wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:
Wee-man wrote:Hearing a mass exodus happening at the Units. If true they would be very disappointed after seemingly getting their club back on track over the last couple of years.

Lets hear some names of the mass exodus. They have been naming players who have recommited and another who is coming back on their facebook page. Naturally if Smithfield get up and going a couple will head (back) there. According to Smithfield's facebook the Lane's may return (1 A grader) and 1 other Unit who struggles for a B grade game and a ex Unit who turned to umpiring last season.

But lets wait and see.

Dempsey, Reeves, Abbott, pudney’s, DJ and all the Smithfield guys is what I got told. That’s a fair chunk if true.

Abbott and Steele are on the Units facebook page as re-signing for next year. Units have parted company with DJ but he spent most of last year sitting it out or in the B grade, so no great loss for them.

Especially Dempsey would be their greatest loss and to a lesser degree the Pudney's.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:37 am

Units with Upton and Hahn getting onboard is great news, and the return of Spike - they should be well established to continue on their strong season last year.

Also heard DJ is potentially staying, so the rumours of the "exodus" couldn't appear further from the truth.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Undercover agent » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:28 pm

Dj a b grader but keeps depth string with him staying and besides Dempsey who I don’t think is confirmed as done yet the rest of the blokes are well past there best or injury prone and won’t be missed to much . Will still be fairly strong I think you’ll find
Undercover agent

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:12 am

The Bedge wrote:Units with Upton and Hahn getting onboard is great news, and the return of Spike - they should be well established to continue on their strong season last year.

Also heard DJ is potentially staying
, so the rumours of the "exodus" couldn't appear further from the truth.

But it was on FB.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Executive Member » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:00 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Units with Upton and Hahn getting onboard is great news, and the return of Spike - they should be well established to continue on their strong season last year.

Also heard DJ is potentially staying
, so the rumours of the "exodus" couldn't appear further from the truth.

But it was on FB.

DJ doing DJ things - will probably be at a couple of other clubs by the time the season starts :lol:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Observer55 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:31 pm

Big get for units with Ben Russell joining great mate Spike at the Kennel
Observer55

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:17 am

Observer55 wrote:Big get for units with Ben Russell joining great mate Spike at the Kennel

Huge.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wounderworld » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:06 pm

Congratulations to Smithfield footy club official accepted back into the Adelaide footy League
Wounderworld
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby jo172 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:50 pm

Wounderworld wrote:Congratulations to Smithfield footy club official accepted back into the Adelaide footy League

Good on them.

Nice to see what can be achieved by a bunch of people who care.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby DOC » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:58 pm

Go Panthers
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:26 pm

DOC wrote:Go Panthersssssssssssss

EFA :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Wounderworld » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:53 pm

Smithfield Sports Social Club as a whole seem to have people running the show that actually care and are making the right decisions by looking on there page 10 junior sides that's amazing compared to where the club was at 2-3 years ago in regards to junior football adding seniors to the list Will Only take them to places United or Brahma Lodge wish to be amazing efforts by the football department
Wounderworld
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:37 am

Wounderworld wrote:Smithfield Sports Social Club as a whole seem to have people running the show that actually care and are making the right decisions by looking on there page 10 junior sides that's amazing compared to where the club was at 2-3 years ago in regards to junior football adding seniors to the list Will Only take them to places United or Brahma Lodge wish to be amazing efforts by the football department

They've done extremely well.

Out of curiosity and for those that know the area better than me how long until we see a club created or established club move to the Munna Para West / Andrews Farm area. MPW has to be one of the fastest growing suburbs in Adelaide and with Smithfield South and Angle Vale northwest of MPW that is a pretty large area to not have a single sporting club in.

If the 2016-17 census is anything to go by MPW has a population of 13k vs Smithfield population of 2k.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:02 am

whufc wrote:
Wounderworld wrote:Smithfield Sports Social Club as a whole seem to have people running the show that actually care and are making the right decisions by looking on there page 10 junior sides that's amazing compared to where the club was at 2-3 years ago in regards to junior football adding seniors to the list Will Only take them to places United or Brahma Lodge wish to be amazing efforts by the football department

Out of curiosity and for those that know the area better than me how long until we see a club created or established club move to the Munna Para West / Andrews Farm area. MPW has to be one of the fastest growing suburbs in Adelaide and with Smithfield South and Angle Vale northwest of MPW that is a pretty large area to not have a single sporting club in.

If the 2016-17 census is anything to go by MPW has a population of 13k vs Smithfield population of 2k.

Not in the next 20 years. It's too hard to start from scratch nowadays, any that have this millennium have folded already, I can only think of two though but I'm not sure of when the Tossers formed.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Not in the next 20 years. It's too hard to start from scratch nowadays, any that have this millennium have folded already, I can only think of two though but I'm not sure of when the Tossers formed.

Yeah, agree a startup club would probably be too hard which is why i also added an established club moving.

Once again only guessing but i would hardly think the areas EP, CU, ElIZ surround Craigmore, Elizabeth Park, Elizabeth North, Elizabeth Downs, Elizabeth South area are growing and if so it would be on the back of a lot of new arrivals to the country who probably aren't picking aussie rules first. EP have the luxury on having a fair share of the blakeview area...

Blakeview has about 5k people so between Blakeview and MPW which is only separated by main north road there is 17k people without a team. Would there be many suburbs of space that big that dont have a sporting club.
whufc
Coach

Postby Pag » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:37 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Yeah, agree a startup club would probably be too hard which is why i also added an established club moving.

Once again only guessing but i would hardly think the areas EP, CU, ElIZ surround Craigmore, Elizabeth Park, Elizabeth North, Elizabeth Downs, Elizabeth South area are growing and if so it would be on the back of a lot of new arrivals to the country who probably aren't picking aussie rules first. EP have the luxury on having a fair share of the blakeview area...

Blakeview has about 5k people so between Blakeview and MPW which is only separated by main north road there is 17k people without a team. Would there be many suburbs of space that big that dont have a sporting club.

This is the crux of it mate. All good to have the population, but if that majority aren't interested in footy then it's a moot point.

To give you some context, I coached the Playford SAPSASA Team for a few years, covered schools in the Elizabeth/Blakeview/Craigmore area out to Angle Vale. Soccer trials ran concurrently. In my final year of involvement (2019) soccer had 97 kids roll out for trials, the footy program had 23.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:47 am

yeah socccers popularity in the north is only growing and a massive concern for footy clubs.

I just can't see how EP, Eliz, CU, Smith can all survive with the shift of populations and demographics.
whufc
Coach

Postby Pag » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:53 am

whufc wrote:yeah socccers popularity in the north is only growing and a massive concern for footy clubs.

I just can't see how EP, Eliz, CU, Smith can all survive with the shift of populations and demographics.

The Paralowie/Parafield Gardens/Salisbury area is heading the same way. If you walked down John St in Salisbury today it'd be unrecognisable to the one of 25 years ago when we were growing up, and there wouldn't be many potential footballers (or businesses that might sponsor football clubs) along there anymore.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby beef » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:00 am

Pag wrote:
whufc wrote:yeah socccers popularity in the north is only growing and a massive concern for footy clubs.

The Paralowie/Parafield Gardens/Salisbury area is heading the same way. If you walked down John St in Salisbury today it'd be unrecognisable to the one of 25 years ago when we were growing up, and there wouldn't be many potential footballers (or businesses that might sponsor football clubs) along there anymore.

Especially when old salisbury people head up the hill to Golden Grove. Parabanks is better than the village anyway
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:04 am

beef wrote:
Pag wrote:

Especially when old salisbury people head up the hill to Golden Grove. Parabanks is better than the village anyway

:shock: :shock:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League