Soooooo, how's this weather?

Anything!

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:04 pm

Bit of sweeping water away from the main shed
Then in ankle deep water bailing it from getting into a little shed out the back.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 56782
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 11848 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby Brodlach » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:24 pm

I have two very very large branches from a bottlebrush trees and a medium sized other tree down.

Full day on the chainsaw tomorrow
Last edited by Brodlach on Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47323
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:31 pm

I’ve seen some wild weather in my years however today at Victor I reckon takes the cake. I worked the Pt Elliot Show and they had more than 3 inches in under 4 hours. Victor Harbor Rd was like Armageddon at 4:30 this afternoon - Flash floods across the road from creeks, small land slides, trees down and thick fog with lightning. The pics of Victor Harbor GC were astounding….
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6068
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:22 am
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:41 pm

Our deck, which is an L shaped arrangement got drenched, which in 20 years of being here I've never seen. I've never seen it even half wet before.

I think my sons cricket season will be decided a some strange event this season. One win might make finals!
User avatar
gadj1976
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9149
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sleeping on a park bench outside Princes Park
Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby gazzamagoo » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:06 pm

I've never experienced wind like that before.
Drove from Daw Park to Campbelltown & there's trees down everywhere, still several suburbs with no power.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2534
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby Dirty dog » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:51 pm

Still no power on the farm here at Kainton… 11:30 til now is a fair time to have power out. Time to crank the bbq to cook tea as I’ve given up waiting for the power to come back on. 3rd world type of set up here. Got ute by the house just to charge my phone, crazy!
Dirty dog
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Price pub
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby Dutchy » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:57 pm

Dirty dog wrote:Still no power on the farm here at Kainton… 11:30 til now is a fair time to have power out. Time to crank the bbq to cook tea as I’ve given up waiting for the power to come back on. 3rd world type of set up here. Got ute by the house just to charge my phone, crazy!


Any crop damage up there?
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44536
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3502 times

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby Dirty dog » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Dirty dog wrote:Still no power on the farm here at Kainton… 11:30 til now is a fair time to have power out. Time to crank the bbq to cook tea as I’ve given up waiting for the power to come back on. 3rd world type of set up here. Got ute by the house just to charge my phone, crazy!


Any crop damage up there?

Fortunately the rough seas parted and the worst of it went North or South of us here at Kainton. If you can believe it we have only had 9mm all up so far so compared to what has happened around the state we have got away lightly.
Dirty dog
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Price pub
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby Brodlach » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:56 am

Kennards Hire, no power, had 40 people lined up this morning.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47323
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby Spargo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:35 am

We had water coming through light fittings, side fence blown down, no power since 4pm yesterday.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15983
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Getting out of Dodge
Has liked: 5485 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby Dirty dog » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:19 am

Still no power, been nearly 24 hours now. Everything in fridge is warm
Dirty dog
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Price pub
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby whufc » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:22 am

we got 75ml in 30 minutes.....

2 kids bedrooms and shed shin deep under water.....

No power in Spalding until 3:30pm today, was meant to be 5:30am but that got extended. All our hot water, oven, stove is on electricity. No internet either in entire town.

In Clare at moment to charge up phones laptop get edible food etc then back home to do more cleanup.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27529
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby Dirty dog » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:32 am

whufc wrote:we got 75ml in 30 minutes.....

2 kids bedrooms and shed shin deep under water.....

No power in Spalding until 3:30pm today, was meant to be 5:30am but that got extended. All our hot water, oven, stove is on electricity. No internet either in entire town.

In Clare at moment to charge up phones laptop get edible food etc then back home to do more cleanup.

That sounds exactly like us. We can’t even have a David Gower as house is on rain water via a Davey pump. I’m working on 1 bar of 3G as our booster won’t work with power.
Dirty dog
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Price pub
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby whufc » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:36 am

Dirty dog wrote:
whufc wrote:we got 75ml in 30 minutes.....

2 kids bedrooms and shed shin deep under water.....

No power in Spalding until 3:30pm today, was meant to be 5:30am but that got extended. All our hot water, oven, stove is on electricity. No internet either in entire town.

In Clare at moment to charge up phones laptop get edible food etc then back home to do more cleanup.

That sounds exactly like us. We can’t even have a David Gower as house is on rain water via a Davey pump. I’m working on 1 bar of 3G as our booster won’t work with power.


Yeah not good. Entire crops shredded to pieces by the hail apparently, but they can claim on insurances. Life could be worse however. No one was hurt
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27529
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby scottroo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:06 am

Blackwood/Coro/Flagstaff Is an absolute mess
scottroo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:49 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby Dutchy » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:10 am

scottroo wrote:Blackwood/Coro/Flagstaff Is an absolute mess


Thankgod its green bin night tomorrow!
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44536
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3502 times

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:16 pm

131mm of rain today in Bendigo,
that's totes cray cray!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2534
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby locky801 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:17 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:131mm of rain today in Bendigo,
that's totes cray cray!


worlds coming to an end :D
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
Posts: 55937
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: working all around Australia and loving it
Has liked: 3706 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby Booney » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:19 pm

Was at my brothers at Aldinga, around 3pm it was extreme to say the least.

Got home around 4:30 and you wouldn't have known it had rained.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 58367
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby MatteeG » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:30 am

We had 2 inch high water all around the house as the drains couldnt cope, had to shut off the spa isolator and sweep water for about 45 mins solid. Didnt get in the house thankfully.

Was a deadset mini tornado here (Morphett Vale)- rain came in from all 3 sides of the verandah.

At least we only had 3 mini power outages, nothing significant. Hear Craigburn may not have power til the 19th!!

This weather can **** right off.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
User avatar
MatteeG
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4925
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:36 pm
Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |