retirements and upcoming signings

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: retirements and upcoming signings

Postby Spargo » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:36 pm

JK wrote:
Spargo wrote:Parto dispels all the rumours & re-signs at Brighton Rd.

How about his partner in crime in the middle? Secure at Brighton Rd?

Always leaves it to the last minute, I reckon his last 4-5 contracts have only been 12 months each time.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5476 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:56 pm

ferret wrote:
You have to take into account the fact he didn't like life at the Eagles. He showed a lot more form at Port Districts, where he rediscovered his love for the game; a much, much better player than when he left the Eagles.

What a load of bullshit, of course he might not have liked it at the Eagles when he was found to be not good enough, like any other player when they get dropped. The lower standard at Port Districts might have suited his standard better. It just pays to be realistic sometimes. It doesn't matter what you say "Bulldogproud" it will definitely not change my opinion.[/quote]
Just going on statements by the club and some at Port Districts. Not everyone likes things at particular clubs, Wimpy; it is not a slur on your club, just the state of things. We face up to the fact that Daniel and Troy didn't like things at the Ponderosa.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:01 pm

Are Sturt doing a St Kilda and just waiting and hoping for someone to knock on their door?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby MJP1993 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:09 am

bulldogproud wrote:
ferret wrote:
You have to take into account the fact he didn't like life at the Eagles. He showed a lot more form at Port Districts, where he rediscovered his love for the game; a much, much better player than when he left the Eagles.

What a load of bullshit, of course he might not have liked it at the Eagles when he was found to be not good enough, like any other player when they get dropped. The lower standard at Port Districts might have suited his standard better. It just pays to be realistic sometimes. It doesn't matter what you say "Bulldogproud" it will definitely not change my opinion.

Just going on statements by the club and some at Port Districts. Not everyone likes things at particular clubs, Wimpy; it is not a slur on your club, just the state of things. We face up to the fact that Daniel and Troy didn't like things at the Ponderosa.
Cheers[/quote]

Have I missed something again why are the Menzels mentioned when a player leaves the eagles not sure why centrals fans bring them up constantly
Unless I missed something
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby ferret » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:17 am

Missed my point, the Menzel's were good enough to play league at Centrals, Pearce wasn't good enough to play league at the Eagles hence his dissatisfaction.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Ronnie » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:36 am

gadj1976 wrote:Are Sturt doing a St Kilda and just waiting and hoping for someone to knock on their door?

Been very moderate recruiting since about 2017. No finals wins since then either. Half a decade goes by in no time.
Given the financial resources of Sturt, maybe they need to look at employing a recruitment/talent identification person? Just not hitting the mark with their current practices.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:02 pm

ferret wrote:Missed my point, the Menzel's were good enough to play league at Centrals, Pearce wasn't good enough to play league at the Eagles hence his dissatisfaction.

You also missed my point. There were factors beyond his ability that dissatisfied Dale at the Eagles and led to him going to Port Districts. My contacts at Districts are confident he has the ability to play league but I guess the proof will be in the pudding.
Cheers.
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby wenchbarwer » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:45 pm

I think there's going to be some interesting revision on this subject come this time next year
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 286 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:59 pm

The Central District Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of key position player, Will Splann.

Will 19, is a 195cm versatile key position who can play forward or back, who spent the 2022 season playing for North Hobart in the Tasmania State League and Tasmania Devils in the NAB League. Across both competitions Will played 19 games kicking a total of 44 goals.

When playing forward, Splann is clever inside 50, can find space to lead into, and clunk marks with his clean hands and is a reliable set shot.

We are excited to watch Will continue to hone in on his craft and show supporters what he is capable of.

Recruit number 16
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby MannyK » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:09 pm

From the Norwood facebook site.

We are very excited to announce Jack Saunders has signed with us for 2023 and will be returning to The Norwood Football Club. Since being drafted from Norwood as an 18 year old Jack has had 2 solid years developing his footy at the Hawthorn FC and made his AFL debut in Rnd 23 2022, against the Western Bulldogs.
An outstanding character and a product of our underage development program, Jack has already lived it and again will add to the Fortis In Procella culture at our club.
A medium Forward with the versatilty to play in defence, Jack will be a great acquisition for us in 2023. We look forward to what Jack can bring and welcome him back to The Norwood Football Club.
MannyK

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Big Phil » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:41 pm

Jackson Callow returns to the Parade, after some time in the AFL with Hawthorn.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:51 pm

Ronnie wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:Are Sturt doing a St Kilda and just waiting and hoping for someone to knock on their door?

Been very moderate recruiting since about 2017. No finals wins since then either. Half a decade goes by in no time.
Given the financial resources of Sturt, maybe they need to look at employing a recruitment/talent identification person? Just not hitting the mark with their current practices.

UK fan noted that Cennals have 16 recruits. Sturt, 1. And we've lost a truckload. What's going on at Trimmer Tc?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby DOC » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:46 am

Parker, Molan and Anderson three for Sturt that have signed and announced on here. The Draft delays the announcement of many signings.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:12 am

I thought SANFL recruits wanted to live near the beach? :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Big Phil » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:39 pm

Dutchy wrote:I thought SANFL recruits wanted to live near the beach? :lol:

Elizabeth is only 20-25 minutes to Semaphore, these days :)
Big Phil
Coach

Postby bulldogproud » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:03 pm

Big Phil wrote:

Elizabeth is only 20-25 minutes to Semaphore, these days :)

With the amount of rain we are having, the whole of Elizabeth is turning into a beach ;)
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby The analyst » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:01 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Ronnie wrote:

UK fan noted that Cennals have 16 recruits. Sturt, 1. And we've lost a truckload. What's going on at Trimmer Tc?

Sturt have retained all 21 players who played in their last game in 2022, in addition have retained Joel Thiele & Pat Wilson who were out injured for a lot of 2022. Sturt have lost a lot of reserves players who probably would have been in the reserves during 2023 as well. So as far as retention, Sturt are sitting quite strong and don't need a huge amount of recruits. Its a young squad with a lot of improvement in them.
The analyst
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:45 pm

DOC wrote:Parker, Molan and Anderson three for Sturt that have signed and announced on here. The Draft delays the announcement of many signings.

Correct - the Eagles haven't even announced a single player recruited. I'm not counting Williams who was with us last season until the midway through the year when he was picked up by Geelong only to be delisted 10 weeks later.

This, despite the departures of a range of high profile, experienced players including Mutch, Allmond, Clarke and Redden.

Either they are waiting to see the the outcomes of the draft to see whether their targets are snapped up or they are going to rely heavily on growth within the club.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Big Phil » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:38 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:...the Eagles haven't even announced a single player recruited....

Not announced by WWT that I can see yet, but I did notice online from the Ovens & Murray League that Carter Norman, the son (I think?) of Luke Norman (former Sturt coach, South and West player and Eagles Assisitant Coach), is coming to the Eagles.

A former Glenelg junior, Carter looks like he plays as a young key forward, who kicked 27 goals for the North Albury FC this year, where Luke himself quit as coach earlier in the season due to work commitments.
Big Phil
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:39 am

in all seriousness, whilst the reason around living location carries a little bit of weight this off season has proven that 'all those excuses' were pretty much just that from a management that had fallen behind the times and dare i say incompetent at that point in time.
Last edited by whufc on Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL