Soooooo, how's this weather?

Anything!

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:40 am

The gale force winds snapped a branch off of one of my tomato plants.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:47 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The gale force winds snapped a branch off of one of my tomato plants.
I lost a passionfruit too!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:06 am

my back yard was under water, hoping it wouldn't come into the house - luckily the rain stopped and the water subsided quickly - just too much rain for the drains to handle.

After the storm i drove to Burnside for a quiz night, one of the massive gum trees on Darley Road uprooted itself and landed on the new Taj Mahal at Campbelltown Oval (ROCS FC) plenty of trees down on St Bernard Road and up through the top of Glynburn Road and all through Burnside there were power lines down.

You could tell who had no power on the way home, because you'd drive through patches of suburbs with street lights, without street lights , with street lights....
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:17 am

Footy Chick wrote:my back yard was under water, hoping it wouldn't come into the house - luckily the rain stopped and the water subsided quickly - just too much rain for the drains to handle.

After the storm i drove to Burnside for a quiz night, one of the massive gum trees on Darley Road uprooted itself and landed on the new Taj Mahal at Campbelltown Oval (ROCS FC) plenty of trees down on St Bernard Road and up through the top of Glynburn Road and all through Burnside there were power lines down.

You could tell who had no power on the way home, because you'd drive through patches of suburbs with street lights, without street lights , with street lights....

And luckily full power in Burnside :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:23 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:my back yard was under water, hoping it wouldn't come into the house - luckily the rain stopped and the water subsided quickly - just too much rain for the drains to handle.

And luckily full power in Burnside :D

Yeah we were worried that the quiz night would be cancelled due to no power but it was all good (and we won!)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:34 am

heater31 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The gale force winds snapped a branch off of one of my tomato plants.
I lost a passionfruit too!

Insurance job?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:40 am

4am driving to work this morning down Brighton Rd, from Seacombe Rd to Sturt Rd not one street light on or any other car in sight.
Eerie.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dirty dog » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:57 pm

Coolest end to spring/start of summer I have seen in a long time. It is making for slow reaping and dragging harvest out.
Most known by now Yorkes can be windy but this week has been next level and cold.
Currently out on the header going 3km an hour, mind numbing.
Hopefully about 7 days to go weather permitting.
Oh but it’s probably going to be a record harvest and a record for the state so it’s all worth the hard work in the end.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:12 am

Dirty dog wrote:Coolest end to spring/start of summer I have seen in a long time. It is making for slow reaping and dragging harvest out.
Most known by now Yorkes can be windy but this week has been next level and cold.
Oh but it’s probably going to be a record harvest and a record for the state so it’s all worth the hard work in the end.

Unreal, was only going to post yesterday how were you looking for the season mate, good news by the sounds of it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:35 am

Dirty dog wrote:Coolest end to spring/start of summer I have seen in a long time. It is making for slow reaping and dragging harvest out.

It's incredible the amount of hay I'm seeing bailed around here in the mid north. No room left in any hay sheds that I've seen. Obviously, the quality wouldnt be the best but quantity seems great.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dutchy » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:26 am

Got one of those self drive headers?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:33 am

How's the neighbours reaping going? dodgy lines, missed bits, only doing the day shift, under-stacking the trucks with bales??

you know the stuff you can sledge them about standing in slips at the first cricket game after the harvest....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:19 pm

Friggen cold at night owls tonight. Any chance..... ANY CHANCE of a decent summers night would be beneficial for my old bones. Mind you, i"m blaming the cold weather on my knees not bending and bowling slop.... hmm, maybe I should pray the cold weather stays as at least I have an excuse.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:19 am

gadj1976 wrote:Friggen cold at night owls tonight. Any chance..... ANY CHANCE of a decent summers night would be beneficial for my old bones. Mind you, i"m blaming the cold weather on my knees not bending and bowling slop.... hmm, maybe I should pray the cold weather stays as at least I have an excuse.

Cold nights - better sleep.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:04 am

Spargo wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:Friggen cold at night owls tonight. Any chance..... ANY CHANCE of a decent summers night would be beneficial for my old bones. Mind you, i"m blaming the cold weather on my knees not bending and bowling slop.... hmm, maybe I should pray the cold weather stays as at least I have an excuse.

Cold nights - better sleep.

Colder the better. I should live in an igloo.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:18 am

It's my fault, who would have thought you would need a Kathmandu jacket and beanie on in mid-December camping...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby whufc » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:14 am

am Bays wrote:

How's the neighbours reaping going? dodgy lines, missed bits, only doing the day shift, under-stacking the trucks with bales??

you know the stuff you can sledge them about standing in slips at the first cricket game after the harvest....

Sledge them about that and fists will fly......on the other hand call their sister butch and their brother a c**t and youve got quality material. ;) :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby heater31 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:22 am

Booney wrote:

Unreal, was only going to post yesterday how were you looking for the season mate, good news by the sounds of it.
Farmers seem to whinge about 2 things.....the weather or the tax bill from the ATO when they have a good year and prices are high!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:30 am

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Farmers seem to whinge about 2 things.....the weather or the tax bill from the ATO when they have a good year and prices are high!

Daylight Savings not an issue anymore?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:47 am

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:

My in laws are farmers and I can ensure you that he complains about more than 2 things.
Only time he’s not complaining is when he’s counting his cash.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion