Things that you don't understand

Anything!

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby RB » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:33 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Booney wrote:A former gun footballer who chalked up league games with Norwood and played with Gepps Cross this year is facing several serious family violence charges.

Marc Oliver Cox, of North Haven, on Wednesday appeared in the Adelaide Magistrates Court where he asked to be released on bail to see his dying father.

The court heard Mr Cox’s dad had been diagnosed with severe and aggressive cancer and given between one and two weeks to live, leading to an urgent application for bail.

Mr Cox was facing charges of indecent filming of a person older than 17, distributing invasive images, choking a person in a domestic setting, aggravated trespass and aggravated assault.

He had been in prison since July when he handed himself in.

Mr Cox, aged 39, was alleged to have committed the offences which led to the charges between December 1 last year and July 3 this year at Paracombe.

His last game for Gepps Cross was on July 2.

Before this year Mr Cox played for Fitzroy, Salisbury North, Payneham Norwood Union, Echunga, Freeling, Virginia, North Clare and Jervois football clubs.

In the mid-2000s he played league and reserve-level SANFL football with West Adelaide and Port Adelaide in addition to Norwood.

Given the seriousness of the charges, Mr Cox was a prescribed applicant for bail, meaning his lawyer, Stacey Carter, had to argue there were “special circumstances” that could see him released from prison.

Ms Carter said his father’s ill health was compounded with him mother’s Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis.

Magistrate Karim Soetratma said the imminent death of Mr Cox’s father was a “classic case of special circumstances”.

“I’m going to take an unusual position, that I appreciate and acknowledgingly freely is unusual and organise a bail agreement at this stage on which the defendant will be bailed,” he said.

Mr Cox was released on a $1000 bond and strict curfew and reporting conditions.

He will again appear in court next week where a home detention report will be delivered.

They forgot West Croydon and Portland and probably a couple of others too

We don't call him Wally for nothing. Tsk Tsk.

Add in Port Districts and North Haven as well!
Be easier to name the clubs this bloke hasn't played for.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:00 pm

That's what he's best known for...more clubs than Tiger Woods :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby carey » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:28 am

Women
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:25 am

carey wrote:Women

Get one of these, this is volume 1.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:53 pm

How this is the most pensive hour or so of the week.

All day it's like "I'll be good this arvo, go for a run/walk, go to the gym, go to bed early"

Get's to now and I'm like "Hmmm, do I grab a 6 ack and then sit outside and have a punt on the last couple of races, Belmont and the dishlickers?"
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:How this is the most pensive hour or so of the week.

All day it's like "I'll be good this arvo, go for a run/walk, go to the gym, go to bed early"

Get's to now and I'm like "Hmmm, do I grab a 6 ack and then sit outside and have a punt on the last couple of races, Belmont and the dishlickers?"

FWIW I like the 7 in the 4th at Belmont
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Corona Man » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:54 pm

Spargo wrote:

Ahh yes, the scenery is often good.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:27 pm

Spargo wrote:

In my exotic
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:48 pm

Spargo wrote:

Yuk, gave himself every opportunity, get the shit out the way midweek and rise to the occasion when it matters :)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:51 pm

How so many people simply "don't want to work". There are jobs out there but people choose to do f*** all.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby locky801 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:52 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:How so many people simply "don't want to work". There are jobs out there but people choose to do f*** all.

So true, my daughter works for an employment company and she says all the time about how hard it is to get people to work.

There was one instance where a person won a fairly good position which was well paid then rang back and knocked the job back because she had to start at 8.00am Mon-Fri and she couldn't start then because that was her gym workout time.

Go to Broken Hill, pubs cant get people to work in them and alot now dont even open Mon-Wed because of no staff
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3699 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Trader » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:14 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:How so many people simply "don't want to work". There are jobs out there but people choose to do f*** all.

I think there are a range of things at play here.

During the pandemic, people were forced to save (as everything else was closed). This created a few scenarios.
One, people now have some cash behind them and can afford to work less.
Two, people learned that you don't need to spend 100% of your pay check every week. You can have a happy life spending $500 a week instead of $1000.

Both of the above have meant people don't need to work as much as they used to.

Next, the alternative income sources continue to grow. Or non traditional income. The fact that people can make money on social media, or youtube, or setting up a basic drop shipping empire. Driving Uber or delivering food via doordash.
These ad-hoc incomes are often enough for people these days, especially if they have discovered the ease of frugal living mentioned in the above item. I've got a few mates who don't work regularly anymore, and they just log in a do a few extra hours on Uber when they've got an event coming up that means they need more money that week/month. I couldn't possibly live like that, but they can.

Also, and this one might be a bit more controversial, but social security has become too good. I'm not saying get rid of it, and I'm certainly not advocating for not supporting the truly venerable, but the level of support the tax payer provides to a regular citizen has created a scenario where people can exist on handouts. They don't have the most glamorous lifestyles, but it's more than enough for them to be content and choose not to work. In my opinion, unemployment benefits should be just enough to stop you turning to crime to eat, but not so much that people see it as a viable alternative to work and therefore choose not to get a job. It's a fine balance, and one that people will have a differing opinion on where that line is.

There are a range of other factors as well, but the three above seem to be some of the bigger drivers imo.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:19 am

Lazy f*ckers are lazy. That's the biggest driver.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7492 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby Trader » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:29 am

Booney wrote:Lazy f*ckers are lazy. That's the biggest driver.

Clearly, but lazy people have always existed.
There are other factors that have now made it easier to be lazy. (For example: Access to free money, access to alterative income, an the understanding that frugal living works).

Then there is also the change in society, previously a lazy SOB would be called out for being a lazy SOB.
These days everyone has feelings and you can't bully anyone.

Now it's 'you do you honey', and society has to accept that its your choice to be a lazy SOB, rather than bully you to the point you start to contribute to society.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:45 am

Trader wrote:
Booney wrote:Lazy f*ckers are lazy. That's the biggest driver.

Clearly, but lazy people have always existed.
There are other factors that have now made it easier to be lazy. (For example: Access to free money, access to alterative income, an the understanding that frugal living works).

Then there is also the change in society, previously a lazy SOB would be called out for being a lazy SOB.
These days everyone has feelings and you can't bully anyone.

Now it's 'you do you honey', and society has to accept that its your choice to be a lazy SOB, rather than bully you to the point you start to contribute to society.

I wouldn't call access to alternative income as being lazy.

If you can work 15 hours a week from home online and that's enough to supplement another income wage at home i would hardly call that lazy. Especially if that means that person can contribute to the household in other ways.

We've made a bit of a call in our household recently. My partner was working full time alongside me. We found though that meant that we pretty much spent most of Saturday mornings - lunch catching up on household duties that were hard to complete during the week with everything life, kids, sports commitments etc.

Now we have agreed the partner has dropped down to 4 days a week permanent part time with the blessing of her week. The fifth day now is able to be spent getting 'our life in order' so that weekend time is about doing things as a family dedicated to the kids. When you take into account the reduction of our childcare costs due to the house income reducing, we are only $80 a week worse off. Now we aren't rich by any means but $80 to completely have our weekends back is a great investment in our opinion.

We are fortunate though as well that we have alternative income streams such as horse adjistment money coming into the household.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:02 am

whufc wrote:. When you take into account the reduction of our childcare costs due to the house income reducing, we are only $80 a week worse off. Now we aren't rich by any means but $80 to completely have our weekends back is a great investment in our opinion.

Sorry, but this is a sore point with me in a lot of scenarios, I know chicks that don't work but put their kids in childcare because it costs f*** all for them, the government threw squillions at childcare when I think they should be looking after the elderly.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dinglinga75 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:09 am

many people now look at work life balance.

With the number of job vacancies , people can be picky on what suits them

I changed industries during covid , the main reason I didn't want to work Saturdays anymore ( Saturdays was the day to make money ) . The next job I got is Monday - Friday.
More time with family.

There will always be the % of people that dont want to work, but people have learnt with COVID , do I need to do 10 hours a day ( get paid for 8)
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:. When you take into account the reduction of our childcare costs due to the house income reducing, we are only $80 a week worse off. Now we aren't rich by any means but $80 to completely have our weekends back is a great investment in our opinion.

Sorry, but this is a sore point with me in a lot of scenarios, I know chicks that don't work but put their kids in childcare because it costs f*** all for them, the government threw squillions at childcare when I think they should be looking after the elderly.

Cost **** all??!!!....we have our daughter in there five days a week we are paying $635 a fortnight..........my partner earns $1800 a fortnight so essentially we are $1200 a fortnight better of which is why she has worked full time since my daughters birth but its definitely not cheap.
whufc
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:34 am

If its $25 an hour destroying your body doing manual labour or dealing with drunks no wonder onlyfans is so popular.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 1435 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:36 am

Armchair expert wrote:If its $25 an hour destroying your body doing manual labour or dealing with drunks no wonder onlyfans is so popular.

Isnt that why the topless bars are all shutting down, cant find workers anymore. Earn whatever they are on to deal with drunks, staring, telling bad jokes etc or go on only fans and earn double the money, work hours you want and not have to deal with anyone.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion