PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:21 pm

What happened in your d grade, I noticed they ‘forfeited’
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:16 am

whufc wrote:What happened in your d grade, I noticed they ‘forfeited’

Started.. played 4 overs.. quit.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:21 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:What happened in your d grade, I noticed they ‘forfeited’

Started.. played 4 overs.. quit.

mmm quit....unusual.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:31 am

Not gonna talk about it - caused me enough headaches the past few days.. and no doubt few more headaches to come.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:46 pm

The Bedge wrote:Not gonna talk about it - caused me enough headaches the past few days.. and no doubt few more headaches to come.

Did you punch on with anyone? :lol:
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Arch44 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:46 pm

The Bedge wrote:Not gonna talk about it - caused me enough headaches the past few days.. and no doubt few more headaches to come.

Did you punch on with anyone? :lol:
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Richo_37 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:05 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:
whufc wrote:Should we just write the season off and call it a day....

Potentially more rain forecast this Saturday.
Bigger shame when a home side don’t want to travel 5 mins up Phillip Hwy to play on a perfect deck when theirs was too wet. No rule against it but pretty poor form.

Club ended up helping Angle Vale Ds and Enfield Cs get a full game in on Mofflin, which was appreciated by them all.. i hope.

Angle Vale is very appreciative. Allowed our A grade game to go ahead at home and B grade and D grade to shuffle grounds and still get a game
Richo_37
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:39 pm

A head like that should ache mate.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:43 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:A head like that should ache mate.

From the pressure my enormous brain puts on my skull.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:18 pm

How about the SW bloke filming on his phone at covers taking a one handed catch against Craigmore.

Reckon it was d grade lol
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:40 am

This comp is deadset so ******* unorganised and all over the shop it's not funny.

Delegates meeting last night - now decided it's pink 156g balls in Grade 1 and Grade 2 one day matches.. oh wait that's not enough, let's make it 2x balls one from each end like it's ******* Australian ODI cricket.

So I go out and buy all my balls pre-season in bulk, now you're telling me i'm gonna have to fork out another $700 or whatever just for aesthetics?!

Grade 1 and 2 grading next year apparently will be "lucky dip" draw.. Junior rep trials moved out to Gawler - really useful for the clubs closer to the city..

Chop, change, move shit around.. yet keep the most stupid archaic of rules like not allowed to turn lights on for evening games.. i've got lights graded high enough to play mens premier cricket on, but they're not good enough for kids or women who bowl a whopping 40kph and bounce the ball three times.

Jacked the umpire fees up to $150 this season.. now the pink balls.. idiots think clubs are made of ******* money?!

A Grade costs per week:
$150 - Umpire
$62 - Pink Balls
$73.50 - Ground hire

Total: 285.50 - $26 per player = $520 per player each week for a 20 week season.

Add on affiliation fees, and PlayHQ insurance cost $22.50 - oh and then don't worry about factoring in the mountains of fines you're likely to accrue during the season.

Get ******.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:39 am

The Bedge wrote:This comp is deadset so ******* unorganised and all over the shop it's not funny.

Delegates meeting last night - now decided it's pink 156g balls in Grade 1 and Grade 2 one day matches.. oh wait that's not enough, let's make it 2x balls one from each end like it's ******* Australian ODI cricket.

So I go out and buy all my balls pre-season in bulk, now you're telling me i'm gonna have to fork out another $700 or whatever just for aesthetics?!

Grade 1 and 2 grading next year apparently will be "lucky dip" draw.. Junior rep trials moved out to Gawler - really useful for the clubs closer to the city..

Chop, change, move shit around.. yet keep the most stupid archaic of rules like not allowed to turn lights on for evening games.. i've got lights graded high enough to play mens premier cricket on, but they're not good enough for kids or women who bowl a whopping 40kph and bounce the ball three times.

Jacked the umpire fees up to $150 this season.. now the pink balls.. idiots think clubs are made of ******* money?!

A Grade costs per week:
$150 - Umpire
$62 - Pink Balls
$73.50 - Ground hire

Total: 285.50 - $26 per player = $520 per player each week for a 20 week season.

Add on affiliation fees, and PlayHQ insurance cost $22.50 - oh and then don't worry about factoring in the mountains of fines you're likely to accrue during the season.

Get ******.

Hmmm, might take up umpiring, it's worked out to $100 per hour lately.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:41 am

The Bedge wrote:This comp is deadset so ******* unorganised and all over the shop it's not funny.

A Grade costs per week:
$150 - Umpire
$62 - Pink Balls
$73.50 - Ground hire

Get ******.

Makes it harder with no clubhouse for you to self fund the place.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Makes it harder with no clubhouse for you to self fund the place.

Yeah that's one of the biggest factors why I'm frustrated - approaching 12 months without any ability to generate funds and income over bar takings / meals etc.. losing money hand over fist, and now it's looking like developments will extend out towards end of the season.

Effectively two seasons without income, but still with bills to pay. :(

I hate cricket
The Bedge
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:18 pm

A Grade costs per week:
$150 - Umpire
$62 - Pink Balls
$73.50 - Ground hire

Get ******.

A Grade costs per week:
$150 - Umpire
$62 - Pink Balls
$73.50 - Ground hire

Get ******.
Couldn't attend last night due to my daughters year 12 graduation and sounds like I missed a real messy one!

I know there has been confusion between the initial concept of a crossover Grade 1/2 one day comp where captains were all enthusiastic about
allowing clubs to play in a coloured kit and use a pink ball to where that got scrapped by clubs and the rest of the concepts got a bit lost in translation. And for Enfield being at G3 during those talks does make it quite unfair for you.

It certainly doesn’t help that some delegates don’t exactly feed back to their Captains what is discussed as well.

Communication isnt great within the exec either. Personally frustrating if I am being honest, Im a big believer in transparency and that’s why I am always happy to come in here and explain rationale for decisions and take on board peoples thoughts.

I know nothing about this ‘lucky dip’ draw your talking about so cant even comment!

Would love to have a good chat with you offline one day about your thoughts on what the next generation of the PDCA needs to look like to stay relevant and survive the next 20 years.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:49 am

A Grade costs per week:
$150 - Umpire
$62 - Pink Balls
$73.50 - Ground hire

Get ******.

Quit your bitching and lead from the front, the PDCA needs Bedge at the helm more then ever.
Last edited by no_remorse28 on Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby The Old Fellow » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:02 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:

A Grade costs per week:
$150 - Umpire
$62 - Pink Balls
$73.50 - Ground hire

Get ******.

A Grade costs per week:
$150 - Umpire
$62 - Pink Balls
$73.50 - Ground hire

Get ******.
Couldn't attend last night due to my daughters year 12 graduation and sounds like I missed a real messy one!

I know there has been confusion between the initial concept of a crossover Grade 1/2 one day comp where captains were all enthusiastic about
allowing clubs to play in a coloured kit and use a pink ball to where that got scrapped by clubs and the rest of the concepts got a bit lost in translation. And for Enfield being at G3 during those talks does make it quite unfair for you.

It certainly doesn’t help that some delegates don’t exactly feed back to their Captains what is discussed as well.

Communication isnt great within the exec either. Personally frustrating if I am being honest, Im a big believer in transparency and that’s why I am always happy to come in here and explain rationale for decisions and take on board peoples thoughts.

I know nothing about this ‘lucky dip’ draw your talking about so cant even comment!

Would love to have a good chat with you offline one day about your thoughts on what the next generation of the PDCA needs to look like to stay relevant and survive the next 20 years.

Can't understand how and why delegates can change things mid season when there is no need. Why change to pink balls, 1 from each end, when everyone should be playing in whites, although I heard on the grape-vine that 1 team played in black in one round? Agree with BE that with the lack of communication, I wonder how many clubs had discussed it or was it was a gut feel decision by the delegate on the night?

Also agree with Bedge all unnecessary expense, although he has slightly exaggerated costs as the A Grade don't play 20 one day games and only pay 1/2 of the umpire fee, but definately understand where he is coming from. Need to look at the other positive thou as at the AGM the exec sold the increase in umpire fees as they said the standard of umpires would increase dramatically and with the increase umpire numbers there would be 2 umpires for each game in grades 1 and 2, so with only one umpire still you are saving the cost of one umpire. It is another story but what is your feedback on the umpiring this season. Wonder how umpires are picked per grade when clubs can't lodge umpire reports. Be thankful that you are not in Salisbury West's position where they are in grades1 and 2 with no real club house.

Cross over between grades 1 and 2 for 1 day games would always be a hard sell as teams play grade 2 as they are not good enough to play grade 1. Captains may have been enthusiastic, but again with lack of communication within a lot a clubs was it a 1 person response or the club actually discussed it?

"Communication isnt great within the exec either. Personally frustrating if I am being honest, Im a big believer in transparency and that’s why I am always happy to come in here and explain rationale for decisions and take on board peoples thoughts." Exec need to come from a united front with one voice delivering it, most probably Clarko as secretary, as the more mouths which try to deliver the message, the message starts to vary. Always has been a problem. Transparency is key so that all know what is happening and why as it is the clubs' association and the exec are purely elected to run it on behalf of the clubs. Thats why anything which requires a vote by the clubs should be communicated to the clubs weeks before a decision is required, similar to how most things are done at the AGM.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby The Old Fellow » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:36 am

A Grade costs per week:
$150 - Umpire
$62 - Pink Balls
$73.50 - Ground hire

Get ******.

Got told Saturday that umpires were only informed about the coloured clothing and the 2 pink balls at 12.35 pm, a whole 25 minutes before they needed implement at the start of play.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:56 am

Only two more weeks until we break for xmas.. thank goodness! :D

Feels like the longest season ever already with so much happening, rain interruptions etc.

Grade 2 seems a very tight competition still - anyone can beat anyone on their day, Westies knocked off Enfield early in the year, then Eyre last week.. Parafield claimed Eyre's scalp Saturday, and North Pines are dangerous on their day. ATCO still out in front, but I think the gap is closing. Not much between any of the 6 sides.

Ladder Grade 2
57.00 - ATCO
53.11 - Enfield
45.61 - Eyre Royals
38.55 - Salisbury West
--------------------------
37.95 - Parafield Gardens
30.02 - North Pines
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:02 am

Grade 1: Eastern Park suffer their first forfeit - probably not surprising given the Clipsal weekend.. Salisbury West made reasonably light work of Craigmore, but not before dropping 6 poles on the way, whilst Virginia cruised past Angle Vale in the local derby.

Westies well out in front on the ladder, with Dublin next best. Virginia and Angle Vale look set to round out the 4 for the season, it's hard to see Craigmore having enough impact to jump into 4th place. Eastern Park continue to battle.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps