retirements and upcoming signings

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: retirements and upcoming signings

Postby DOC » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:46 pm

Abe Davis finally listed as an out for Sturt.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby DOC » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:51 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
DOC wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Zac Milbank tweeted today that Norwood will be signing 3 promising players from opposition clubs.

Actually from 2 opposition clubs.

Luke Bogle from South is one, 3 weeks ago I would have said Partington and Hosie the other two.

I wouldn't consider Partington and Hosie as "promising" players.

Staying at the Bay anyway.

Neither would I. Should have worded it more betterer.

I know Partington has signed 3 weeks ago hence my comment. Thought Hosie had not though.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Ronnie » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:56 pm

Sturt appeared to have improved their recruiting results, after a few quiet campaigns since 2016. Of course, recruiting will need to be judged in the rear view mirror, but on paper at least this off season has been a better one. Gives them a much better shot at genuinely contending again, not stuck mid table
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby MJP1993 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:10 pm

Eagles have signed a 201cm ruck

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club is excited the announce the signing of ruckman David Brinker-Ritchie.

Standing at 201cm, 19-year-old Brinker-Ritchie spent the 2022 season mixing his time between local club Traralgon and playing as a top up listed player at Box Hill Hawks in the VFL where he played 11 matches.

On David’s signing senior coach Jade Sheedy said, “In first meeting Dave it was clear that we needed to get him to the Club. He is a great country kid who will fit well into our Club. We look forward to Dave developing throughout the season and playing an important role for us in 2023.”

On his signing David said, “Since my first contact with the club I knew I was dealing with great people and it has felt very welcoming. The opportunity to play with a successful club and develop my craft excites me, and I’m looking forward to the new experience and challenges it will bring.”

Join us in welcoming David to the Eagles.
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby MJP1993 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:35 pm

Eagles sign a new midfielder

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club is excited to announce the signing of 19 year old Max Beattie.

Max joins the club from the Wodonga Raiders in the Ovens and Murray Football Netball League where he averaged 29 disposals per match playing as a midfielder.

On Max’s signing senior coach Jade Sheedy said, “Max is a great kid and in seeing him play I am really excited about what he will bring to the football club. He has good leg speed, is a strong tackler and has shown an ability to hit the scoreboard.”

Please join us in welcoming Max to the Eagles family.

#WWTFC #jointheeaglesnest #EaglesWWTFC #TogetherWeFly
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:05 am

Ronnie wrote:Sturt appeared to have improved their recruiting results, after a few quiet campaigns since 2016. Of course, recruiting will need to be judged in the rear view mirror, but on paper at least this off season has been a better one. Gives them a much better shot at genuinely contending again, not stuck mid table

We're late to the party but we're adding some talent. How that plays out is anyone's guess as we speak.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby sib » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:51 am

Jack Magden signs with crows as their Marquee player/Captain for 2023.
sib
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Big Phil » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:45 am

sib wrote:Jack Magden signs with crows as their Marquee player/Captain for 2023.

Wonder if Matty Wright will play on?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby MJP1993 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:51 pm

Eagles announce more signings

Josh Mawson
Role: Midfielder / Half Back
Previous Club: Port Douglas

Josh, originally from Dunkeld in Victoria, was keen to make the move and test himself in the SANFL after spending the past 3 seasons playing for Port Douglas in AFL Cairns alongside past Eagles Lee Staple and Nick Salter.

Zane Montgomerie
Role: Medium Defender
Previous Club: Elliston Districts

Zane originally from Streaky Bay, played season 2022 for Elliston Districts on the Eyre Peninsula whilst also representing SA Country against WA at Adelaide Oval, a team which was assisted by none other than Eagles games record holder Justin Cicolella. Zane, a qualified electrician, has already commenced work at BCE & CJ Electrical and will be joined in Adelaide in the new year by partner Ysabelle and son Reef.

Carter Norman
Role: Medium Forward
Previous Club: North Albury

Carter has a strong connection to the SANFL where his father Luke coached Jade Sheedy at Sturt. Carter spent a large part of his early childhood in Adelaide before moving back closer to family in Wangaratta. In season 2022 Carter lined up for North Albury in the Ovens & Murray League where he played 18 games kicking 27 goals in a team which won just one match.

Daniel Sladojevic
Role: Key Position
Previous Club: South Adelaide

Daniel made his SANFL League debut in 2022 where he managed seven matches for South Adelaide predominately as a key defender. As a junior Daniel played predominately as a forward for South Adelaide where he kicked 75 goals from his 24 matches in the U18 Competition.

Sam Tilley
Role: Midfielder / Half Forward
Previous Club: Lauderdale

Sam had a strong 2022 season for Lauderdale in the Tasmanian State League where he was recognised in the TSL 22 under 22 team, being named in a forward pocket. Sam mixed his time between the midfield and half forward for Lauderdale where he kicked 11 goals from his 17 matches.

Max Beattie
Role: Midfielder / Half Forward
Previous Club: Wodonga Raiders

Max joins the club from the Wodonga Raiders in the Ovens and Murray Football Netball League where he averaged 29 disposals per match playing as a midfielder.
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby sib » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:39 am

More Norwood Signings

The Norwood Football Club is excited to announce the recruitment of three players within the SANFL, Jake Cresswell and Luke Bogle from South Adelaide, and Ethan Haylock from WWT Eagles.

Formerly from Norwood Payneham Union, Ethan has played 52 SANFL Senior games for WWT Eagles and has kicked 40 goals so far in his career.

A midfielder/forward who has an excellent work ethic.

Luke Bogle is from South Adelaide, playing 37 Senior games and kicking 21 goals for South.

A terrific character, who has good pressure skills and is very creative with the ball.

Jake Cresswell has played 2 senior games in his first year at South. Originally from Tasmania, Jake is an athletic player who is a good mark for a medium sized player and has a great work ethic.

These boys will add to our Fortis in Procella culture.

We welcome Ethan, Jake and Luke, and look forward to what the trio will bring to The Norwood Football Club.

Luke Bogle celebrates a goal for South in 2022. Picture – David Mariuz.

Ethan Haylock in action for WWT Eagles in 2022. Picture – David Mariuz.
sib
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby MJP1993 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:55 am

Eagles new signing

It’s been a big week for announcements and signings… and we’ve got one more for you to kick off your weekend!!!

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Riley Collier-Dawkins, a 191cm big bodied midfielder that will be a welcome asset for coach Jade Sheedy.

Taken at pick 20 in the 2018 AFL draft, Collier-Dawkins has spent the previous four seasons at Richmond where in that time he played 11 AFL matches, and was a member of the Tigers 2019 VFL Premiership team.
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:27 pm

sib wrote:More Norwood Signings

The Norwood Football Club is excited to announce the recruitment of three players within the SANFL, Jake Cresswell and Luke Bogle from South Adelaide, and Ethan Haylock from WWT Eagles.

Formerly from Norwood Payneham Union, Ethan has played 52 SANFL Senior games for WWT Eagles and has kicked 40 goals so far in his career.

Luke Bogle is from South Adelaide, playing 37 Senior games and kicking 21 goals for South.

A terrific character, who has good pressure skills and is very creative with the ball.

Jake Cresswell has played 2 senior games in his first year at South. Originally from Tasmania, Jake is an athletic player who is a good mark for a medium sized player and has a great work ethic.

We welcome Ethan, Jake and Luke, and look forward to what the trio will bring to The Norwood Football Club.

Pardon? ;-)
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:30 pm

I can confirm that Jamie Coff has returned to the CDFC.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:03 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
sib wrote:More Norwood Signings

Pardon? ;-)

He played for PNU last year when spat the dummy at Eagles. Originally a PHOS junior.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:06 pm

So what’s going on with bays coach ??

Is he sacked
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby StrayDog » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:07 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:I can confirm that Jamie Coff has returned to the CDFC.

Was he Far?
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby azza1719 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:55 pm

Bit surprised by Coff returning to Centrals. Attitude and faking injuries to avoid training has been an issue in the past, hopefully all that stuff is behind him and he has a good crack at it this time around
azza1719
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby wenchbarwer » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:27 pm

azza1719 wrote:Bit surprised by Coff returning to Centrals. Attitude and faking injuries to avoid training has been an issue in the past, hopefully all that stuff is behind him and he has a good crack at it this time around

I'm surprised they even bothered bringing him back, he's miles off it
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 259 times
Been liked: 75 times

Postby MatteeG » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:33 pm

Some really good ins for the Eags.

DBR is a solid unit.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby southernbulldog » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:53 pm

Some handy recruiting going on with the other teams .
Even though we have picked up a lot hopefully we just havent gone for quantity over quality
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL