Things that you don't understand

Anything!

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:19 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
MW wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:How an Adelaide Uni footballer doesn't know what sloppy seconds means

How someone would not realise he knew what it meant and explained it in a political way

BTW Adel Uni footballers are very naive and do not talk like that... 8)

https://indaily.com.au/news/2022/11/15/ ... ve-remark/

“I came back into my office … and someone raised it with me and I said: ‘Yeah, so what?’ and then they explained to me that there’s another meaning to it that I honestly didn’t know and I thought, oh now the criticism is going to start and here we are a few days later.”

“I’d invite at least people in the media to think about it this way – does anyone seriously believe that I would have deliberately used that terminology had I understood its other meanings that are out there?

I don't reckon he deliberately used it
They have carefully managed everything he does so he looks Mr Perfect and he's slipped up
There would have been a million media people brainstorming how to get him out of it

The person in that article references "rape humour". No, let's not start confusing those terms please!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:09 pm

Soccer
Never have, never will
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:24 pm

shoe boy wrote:Jimmy if only we had Vicky and Steve :roll:

Reading comprehension really is not difficult
Thanks for confirming the meme

I saw Vicky last night - she sends her regards
Last edited by Jimmy_041 on Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:24 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Soccer
Never have, never will

One of the few sports where you can lose the game but still be bouncing around the house 12 hours later because of 'that moment'.

Aussie soccer fans wont forget Craig Goodwins goal in a very long time.

Same can be said about Tim Cahil's goal against the Netherland and his goal against Japan.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:27 am

whufc wrote:
Never have, never will

One of the few sports where you can lose the game but still be bouncing around the house 12 hours later because of 'that moment'.

Same can be said about Tim Cahil's goal against the Netherland and his goal against Japan.

That left footer from point blank range? Phwoar, what a finish.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:39 am

whufc wrote:
Never have, never will

Attachments
6140D502-9089-4E6B-A6A4-5015231F3520.jpeg
6140D502-9089-4E6B-A6A4-5015231F3520.jpeg (24.27 KiB) Viewed 2071 times
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:34 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:
Never have, never will

Absolutely……that long range pass from centre back Souter…..then that first touch from Leckie, my god!!!, then a pin point cross to the back post, late gut busting run by Goodwin, the ball bobbled just before it got to him, had arguably the worlds best keeper coming across his goal and bang the one place it could never be saved top of the net

Was a thing of beauty and minnows Australia lead the world champs on the biggest stage.

The salt from aussie rules fans every 4 years because of moment the world game creates is always good value and worth a laugh.
whufc
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:02 am

whufc wrote:
Never have, never will

Clearly, I'm missing something.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:05 am

gadj1976 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Never have, never will

Clearly, I'm missing something.

I think it's this,
when your team is crap for ever, you get a stiffy when they finally do something remotely good.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1659 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:16 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:
Never have, never will

Did they only score 1 goal?
Hopefully no one was getting a beer and missed it.

Oh that’s right you couldn’t drink beer.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:35 am

whufc wrote:
Absolutely……that long range pass from centre back Souter…..then that first touch from Leckie, my god!!!, then a pin point cross to the back post, late gut busting run by Goodwin, the ball bobbled just before it got to him, had arguably the worlds best keeper coming across his goal and bang the one place it could never be saved top of the net.

I just watched it to relive the magic and my word.

That lack of pressure, nobody within 10 metres of him. Just brilliant. Brilliant.

That half volley of the round ball to his preferred side. Out of this world.

The running, oh my god the running! He was just running like you wouldn't believe anyone could run!

Then, that finish. The goals are only 24 feet wide and 8 feet high, how he managed to get it past the guy who is 6 feet high is just beyond me. Stunning. No wonder we rejoice in these magical moments.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:27 am

whufc wrote:
The salt from aussie rules fans every 4 years because of moment the world game creates is always good value and worth a laugh.

No salt mate, it's comedy gold watching soccer fans trying justify the Australian performance coupled with their basic lack of mathematics trying to justify how making a world cup ranks with other Australian historical sporting performances.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:12 am

am Bays wrote:
whufc wrote:

No salt mate, it's comedy gold watching soccer fans trying justify the Australian performance coupled with their basic lack of mathematics trying to justify how making a world cup ranks with other Australian historical sporting performances.

Well, it is the only sport where people clap for missing a goal
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:13 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:
Absolutely……that long range pass from centre back Souter…..then that first touch from Leckie, my god!!!, then a pin point cross to the back post, late gut busting run by Goodwin, the ball bobbled just before it got to him, had arguably the worlds best keeper coming across his goal and bang the one place it could never be saved top of the net.

That lack of pressure, nobody within 10 metres of him. Just brilliant. Brilliant.

The running, oh my god the running! He was just running like you wouldn't believe anyone could run!

Then, that finish. The goals are only 24 feet wide and 8 feet high, how he managed to get it past the guy who is 6 feet high is just beyond me. Stunning. No wonder we rejoice in these magical moments.

That’s 30 seconds you won’t get back!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:46 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

That’s 30 seconds you won’t get back!

That's what she said.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:56 pm

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

I detect sarcasm.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:24 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

I see you failed to find sarcasm in the lead up play that was undeniably brilliant

I mean I could jump out of my chair with joy for a bloke who kicked an oval shape ball from 15m out through a goal that 6.4m wide, infinite height and no one there dedicated to protecting it. And then even if he somehow finds a way to miss it I can still cheer the one point he gets for trying ;)
whufc
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:26 am

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

I see you failed to find sarcasm in the lead up play that was undeniably brilliant

I mean I could jump out of my chair with joy for a bloke who kicked an oval shape ball from 15m out through a goal that 6.4m wide, infinite height and no one there dedicated to protecting it. And then even if he somehow finds a way to miss it I can still cheer the one point he gets for trying ;)

That point can be the difference between winning, losing or drawing & we don't want a draw, what a complete waste of 2 hours that would be!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby mickey » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:33 am

Or 5 days if playing test cricket

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:37 am

whufc wrote:
Never have, never will

Is that you Rowey?

4D147851-0A3D-418E-B4F9-EDA4B77A8429.jpeg
4D147851-0A3D-418E-B4F9-EDA4B77A8429.jpeg (132.84 KiB) Viewed 1576 times
amber_fluid
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion