Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The awkward weird silence that occurs in the bedroom on the morning after a work Christmas function.

Fixed that for you.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:55 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The awkward weird silence that occurs in the bedroom on the morning after a work Christmas function.

Fixed that for you.

:lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:00 am

Men posting disparaging remarks on the AFLW Grand Final. I mean, you could just say nothing but you choose to go on line to publicly declare how small your penis is.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:21 am

Booney wrote:Men posting disparaging remarks on the AFLW Grand Final. I mean, you could just say nothing but you choose to go on line to publicly declare how small your penis is.

It all the same tripe 'look at how many goals they kicked .... it must be shit.'

Like the amount of goals scored in a sport is the only indicator of a good contest. ;)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:30 am

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:Men posting disparaging remarks on the AFLW Grand Final. I mean, you could just say nothing but you choose to go on line to publicly declare how small your penis is.

It all the same tripe 'look at how many goals they kicked .... it must be shit.'

Like the amount of goals scored in a sport is the only indicator of a good contest. ;)

I agree, things like the running players do can make it elevate to another level. 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:42 am

White knights defending aflw ;)
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:51 am

Armchair expert wrote:White knights defending aflw ;)

It's not so much defending the AFLW as it is questioning the people who go out of their way to ridicule it because it's females playing the game.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:03 am

whufc wrote:

To the majority of Aussie Rules followers it is.

I only watch it if there's someone I know playing, although the standard is increasing dramatically across the board I think they've jumped the gun a little to get it to an 18 team comp to force interest upon the average punter, it's funny seeing people that don't care about it but don't mind having a pot shot at the likes of Port Adelaide because they aren't as strong as the Crows and how Erin Phillips is now a traitor :lol: :lol:

It is what it is now, people do need to shut up though and refrain from their neanderthal comments.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby locky801 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:08 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

To the majority of Aussie Rules followers it is.

I only watch it if there's someone I know playing, although the standard is increasing dramatically across the board I think they've jumped the gun a little to get it to an 18 team comp to force interest upon the average punter, it's funny seeing people that don't care about it but don't mind having a pot shot at the likes of Port Adelaide because they aren't as strong as the Crows and how Erin Phillips is now a traitor :lol: :lol:

It is what it is now, people do need to shut up though and refrain from their neanderthal comments.

agreed, personally it's not for me so dont watch it, dont watch it cant comment or form opinions
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3651 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:12 am

locky801 wrote:agreed, personally it's not for me so dont watch it, dont watch it cant comment or form opinions

This is the biggest frustration for me - the people who don't watch it but still feel the need to comment or rag on it.

The poor ladies who bust their backsides doing what they love, being pioneers and leaders for other women in this space - winning the ultimate prize which we all strive for - only to be degraded and put down by a much of blokes who feel the only way they can feel like a man is to belittle a woman.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:24 am

The Bedge wrote:
locky801 wrote:agreed, personally it's not for me so dont watch it, dont watch it cant comment or form opinions

This is the biggest frustration for me - the people who don't watch it but still feel the need to comment or rag on it.

The poor ladies who bust their backsides doing what they love, being pioneers and leaders for other women in this space - winning the ultimate prize which we all strive for - only to be degraded and put down by a much of blokes who feel the only way they can feel like a man is to belittle a woman.

In between sips of their boysenberry infused ale.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:59 am

They are usually so dumb they are actually comparing the female game to the mens game :roll:

Ive watched a shot load of the WBBL this year and really enjoyed it, I don't think Ill enjoy the BBL as much TBH
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:03 pm

Dutchy wrote:They are usually so dumb they are actually comparing the female game to the mens game :roll:

Ive watched a shot load of the WBBL this year and really enjoyed it, I don't think Ill enjoy the BBL as much TBH

I’m the same
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:13 pm

I haven't really been able to get into the womens sport albeit i follow Centrals womens teams score during matches and obviously hope they win.

As a father of 3 girls i think its great they have the oppurtunity to dream about playing sport at a professional level.

As for the standard yeah its not that of the men's but that's fine they are in their infancy. It probably won't reach the standards of the men but that's also fine, half the blokes commenting shit remarks spend their saturdays watching div 7 footy and cricket whilst punting on the 7th at Booborowie.
whufc
Coach

Things that make you laugh

Postby Jim05 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:36 pm

I have no interest in it and so don’t bother commenting on the AFLW but my wife is absolutely scathing of most women’s sport and can’t stand watching it. Her work is one of the Crows AFLW major sponsors and so she gets offered corporate boxes etc and has never been to a single game. After the Crows won the flag this year the players came to her work and everyone else got photos with them and the Cup, my wife stayed at her desk the whole time lol
She did watch the WBBL for about 5 minutes on Saturday though and that’s only because she knows Darcie and her family for many years
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Trader » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:55 pm

The continual bagging of the women's game from some sectors clearly isn't helpful.
But equally, there is a group that will also blindly defend it, without giving consideration to if the feedback is warranted or not.

Yes, comments like 'is that the quarter time score' aim to belittle the game, however those that shut down any form of discussion on how they can increase scoring are also damaging the brand for mine.
The game needs improving and by not discussing it you aren't helping.

IMO obviously.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:33 am

Was at the local pool yesterday in Burra which i manage when i served a lady coming to watch her childs swimming lessons.

Really pleasant asked if she could come in and whether she had to pay.......once i served her i turned around to see the 18 yo new lifeguard flapping about and jumping up and down on the spot like little a kid.

When i asked her what she was doing she responded with......'dont you know who that is'.........i had no bloody idea.

Well it was Cate Blanchett as she is filming a film in and around the mid north region. Her daughter is attending the local school due to their being no tutors available in the region.
whufc
Coach

Postby DOC » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:38 am

She was at Skillogalee on Saturday.

She asked me for a drink but I told her we all know where that will end up.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:41 am

whufc wrote:Was at the local pool yesterday in Burra which i manage when i served a lady coming to watch her childs swimming lessons.

Really pleasant asked if she could come in and whether she had to pay.......once i served her i turned around to see the 18 yo new lifeguard flapping about and jumping up and down on the spot like little a kid.

When i asked her what she was doing she responded with......'dont you know who that is'.........i had no bloody idea.

Well it was Cate Blanchett as she is filming a film in and around the mid north region. Her daughter is attending the local school due to their being no tutors available in the region.

Tell her you loved her role in Carol & Therese
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:44 am

DOC wrote:She was at Skillogalee on Saturday.

She asked me for a drink but I told her we all know where that will end up.

She thought you were the waiter as you were just hanging around.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion