I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby JK » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:18 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Do muscle gaining supplements actually work? I've never been much of a believer in them but been told different.

Also, are they redundant if you are trying to lose weight?.

I’ve used them a bit over the years bud and you’ve seen my arms #-o :lol:

I think if you have a build more prone to muscle gain they probably help. For me they help as a low carb snack between meals
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:19 am

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Do muscle gaining supplements actually work? I've never been much of a believer in them but been told different.

I’ve used them a fair bit over the years bud, you’ve seen my arms, that probably gives you the answer #-o :lol:

For me they help as a low fat snack between meals though, but for those with a build prone to muscle gain I reckon they’d work.

I've found beer, pizza and minimal exercise aid in gaining bulk.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:26 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

I’ve used them a fair bit over the years bud, you’ve seen my arms, that probably gives you the answer #-o :lol:

For me they help as a low fat snack between meals though, but for those with a build prone to muscle gain I reckon they’d work.

I've found beer, pizza and minimal exercise aid in gaining bulk.

Same, that is why when I jumped on the scales it read "One person only please"
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby whufc » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:29 am

Also, are they redundant if you are trying to lose weight?

I've been hitting the gym on my way to work and then again on my way home, then I go for a 3 or 4km run each night.

The pants were getting a bit tight about a month ago and then when I weighed in I was pretty annoyed with myself.

Along with the exercise I have banned all fat crap from my house, I only eat fish, chicken, fruit and veg along with doing intermittent fasting.

I know I'm going to eat like a fat pig over Christmas as I have 4 consecutive days of Christmas functions, I'm trying to get into better shape so I'll refrain from scoffing down copious amounts of fattening food so I can us my three weeks off after that doing the right thing.

Muscle gaining suppliments 100% work in combination with resistance training and good diet.

To gain muscle your body needs a set amount of protein on a dailly basis. You may already be getting this from the food you eat and you may not be in which case protein suppliments help you reach that target.

Personally i would be looking at a lean muscle protein, one that is high in protein and low in fat. A bulk protein will be high in protein but also high in carbs and therefore calories.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:38 am

whufc wrote:

I've been hitting the gym on my way to work and then again on my way home, then I go for a 3 or 4km run each night.

The pants were getting a bit tight about a month ago and then when I weighed in I was pretty annoyed with myself.

Along with the exercise I have banned all fat crap from my house, I only eat fish, chicken, fruit and veg along with doing intermittent fasting.

I know I'm going to eat like a fat pig over Christmas as I have 4 consecutive days of Christmas functions, I'm trying to get into better shape so I'll refrain from scoffing down copious amounts of fattening food so I can us my three weeks off after that doing the right thing.

Muscle gaining suppliments 100% work in combination with resistance training and good diet.

To gain muscle your body needs a set amount of protein on a dailly basis. You may already be getting this from the food you eat and you may not be in which case protein suppliments help you reach that target.

Personally i would be looking at a lean muscle protein, one that is high in protein and low in fat. A bulk protein will be high in protein but also high in carbs and therefore calories.

I was gonna just message you direct.

Cheers, I'll do some research.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Same, that is why when I jumped on the scales it read "One person only please"

I see you'd stacked it on in a pic the other night, you couldn't even bend down to put some socks on. 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:55 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Same, that is why when I jumped on the scales it read "One person only please"

I see you'd stacked it on in a pic the other night, you couldn't even bend down to put some socks on. 8)

I've dropped 5kgs so far this campaign, I'm in the groove again now.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

I was gonna just message you direct.

Cheers, I'll do some research.

Supplements/steroids basically do the same thing they allow you to train more as it facilitates the recovery post workout. Therefore rather than feeling relatively fatigued before you start your next sesh* you feel better and can therefore train with quality.

it allows you to do more, therefore burn more calories, lose fat and gain muscle mass.

Word of warning the average body only really needs 1.0 g of protein per Kg per day. 1.5g/kg if you are doing semi serous training. Most Australian diets easily cover the 1.0g/kg of protein per day without supplements. Take any more any you literally piss your proteins from your supplements down the toilet.

*keeping it real
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby whufc » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:21 pm

Yep 100%

Most common mistake we see is people loading up on triple their muscle mass in protein. Like you said just pissing their money away literally.

If serious about training i would recommend seeing a nutrionist, not just a PT who thinks they know everything and they will be able to accurately tell you your ideal macros aligned to your goals.

Another aspect of a protein supplement i like is it can be a good snack filler if for one reason or another you struggle. Lots of people i meet normally struggle with healthy snack options. A mid afternoon protein shake is going to be a good low calorie snack. Never use as a meal replacement though.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:12 pm

Maybe think about getting on the Creatine too LM if you’re hoping to bulk a bit.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:44 pm

JK wrote:Maybe think about getting on the Creatine too LM if you’re hoping to bulk a bit.

I'm not that into it all, I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing like our forefathers did.

I'm sure weights and cardio will be enough, I don't aspire to be big, just trying to fast-track losing the gut and feeling a bit better about myself.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:01 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:Maybe think about getting on the Creatine too LM if you’re hoping to bulk a bit.

I'm not that into it all, I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing like our forefathers did.

I'm sure weights and cardio will be enough, I don't aspire to be big, just trying to fast-track losing the gut and feeling a bit better about myself.

Good Plan

Exercise, you dont have to take it seriously, you just have to take it regularly
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:09 pm

am Bays wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Good Plan

Exercise, you dont have to take it seriously, you just have to take it regularly

That's it mate, I've gotten used of getting up at 4:30 and being at the gym by 5:30, I find if I stop on my way home too it inspires me to have a run while I'm up and about too. If I get home and go inside it is very inviting to sit down and do f*** all.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Kahuna » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:47 pm

Someone I know has been in police custody for about a week. Is there any way I can find out what he is charged with?
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 503 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:12 pm

Kahuna wrote:Someone I know has been in police custody for about a week. Is there any way I can find out what he is charged with?

Go visit him?

Google their name?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:22 pm

Kahuna wrote:Someone I know has been in police custody for about a week. Is there any way I can find out what he is charged with?

Court listings?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Kahuna » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:45 pm

Booney wrote:

Court listings?

I tried a search of court lists and nothing came up. I don't have much in the way of details or much knowledge of how it all works. If he has been locked up for a week, I assume he must have appeared before a court in that time, coppers can't just lock you away like that?
I'll try another search and see what I see.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:52 pm

Kahuna wrote:
Booney wrote:

Court listings?

I tried a search of court lists and nothing came up. I don't have much in the way of details or much knowledge of how it all works. If he has been locked up for a week, I assume he must have appeared before a court in that time, coppers can't just lock you away like that?

I think you can only search the listings for that day. Well that's how it used to be, I remember getting in the shit once before for checking them out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Kahuna » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I think you can only search the listings for that day. Well that's how it used to be, I remember getting in the shit once before for checking them out.

Yeah I think you are right LM. Did an online chat thing with CourtSA, helpful but unable to provide me with any info as I don't know his birth year only the date. Might try a Births Deaths and Marriages search.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Kahuna wrote:
Booney wrote:

Court listings?

I think you can only search the listings for that day. Well that's how it used to be, I remember getting in the shit once before for checking them out.

Getting in the shit how? Its public information?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion