Australian International Season 2022/23

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian International Season 2022/23

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:10 am

whufc wrote:Warner’s come out and had a crack at Cricket Australia.

When is he retiring??!

WAFDH, him and Sonny Bill's missus just like to make sure they are in the news once a month.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:12 am

gadj1976 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
whufc wrote:Steve Smith will Captain.

Cummins ruled out Boland is confirmed as in.

Is Warner VC then?

Let's hope so. What could go wrong?

Personally I don't really 'like' the Australian team - I agree with some media outlets who say we are a bit 'on the nose'.

Despite this, I am going Friday - and I hope the Windies fight tooth and nail before losing inside 3 days.

You and I are from the same ilk, at the end of the day we are Australian and will support our national team, I did admire the fight that the Windies put up in Perth, hopefully Friday is a cracking day of cricket for us to witness live.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:43 am

What annoys me about David Warner is for 9/10ths of his career his been an absolute twat of the highest order.....even before the sandpaper gate.

Now all of a sudden, he has a couple of years of good behavior and all a sudden he thinks his longevity gives him a god given right to be in the leadership group.

Geez Khawaja, Head, Carey all deserve to be vice captains, deputy vice captains before him.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:56 am

whufc wrote:What annoys me about David Warner is for 9/10ths of his career his been an absolute twat of the highest order.....even before the sandpaper gate.

Now all of a sudden, he has a couple of years of good behavior and all a sudden he thinks his longevity gives him a god given right to be in the leadership group.

Geez Khawaja, Head, Carey all deserve to be vice captains, deputy vice captains before him.

Head was at one stage.

Our problem is that we don't actually have a natural born leader in the team atm.

Although I'm not a fan of Cummins being captain, I can understand he is probably the best man for the job currently.

As good as he is/was, he will always be remembered as being in our twat XI, he'd probably captain that.

I wouldn't mind putting one together, the keeping role would be toss up though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:58 am

Lets get the facts right though. His latest beef is with the Independent Review Panel that has been set up to deal with Code of Conduct issues. Warner was seeking to have his current ban on any leadership roles lifted. This was supported by Cricket Australia. This is where I'm a little unclear but it seems Warner's issue is how they want to conduct the hearing and has decided to withdraw his application. Cricket Australia have again come out in support of his stance with this. So he's not actually biting the hand that feeds him on this particular issue. But his statement about impact on wife and family etc. is a bit cringey.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:00 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:What annoys me about David Warner is for 9/10ths of his career his been an absolute twat of the highest order.....even before the sandpaper gate.

Head was at one stage.

Our problem is that we don't actually have a natural born leader in the team atm.

Although I'm not a fan of Cummins being captain, I can understand he is probably the best man for the job currently.

As good as he is/was, he will always be remembered as being in our twat XI, he'd probably captain that.

Warner and Slater to open for the twat XI
Marnus at 3
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:01 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Head was at one stage.

Marnus at 3

Haddin or Healy behind the stumps? Or do they both play?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:01 am

Down the Hill wrote:Lets get the facts right though. His latest beef is with the Independent Review Panel that has been set up to deal with Code of Conduct issues. Warner was seeking to have his current ban on any leadership roles lifted. This was supported by Cricket Australia. This is where I'm a little unclear but it seems Warner's issue is how they want to conduct the hearing and has decided to withdraw his application. Cricket Australia have again come out in support of his stance with this. So he's not actually biting the hand that feeds him on this particular issue. But his statement about impact on wife and family etc. is a bit cringey.

Was Smith subjected to the same review?
I don’t think he was.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:02 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Head was at one stage.

Marnus at 3

Haddin or Healy behind the stumps? Or do they both play?

Wayne flipper Phillips has to be keeper!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:04 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:Lets get the facts right though. His latest beef is with the Independent Review Panel that has been set up to deal with Code of Conduct issues. Warner was seeking to have his current ban on any leadership roles lifted. This was supported by Cricket Australia. This is where I'm a little unclear but it seems Warner's issue is how they want to conduct the hearing and has decided to withdraw his application. Cricket Australia have again come out in support of his stance with this. So he's not actually biting the hand that feeds him on this particular issue. But his statement about impact on wife and family etc. is a bit cringey.

I don’t think he was.

At least Smith was genuinely remorseful, he only really got roped into it because he was captain, it was basically a senior dickhead telling a rookie dickhead what to do.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:04 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Haddin or Healy behind the stumps? Or do they both play?

Admin, please ban this guy!!!!!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

I don’t think he was.

At least Smith was genuinely remorseful, he only really got roped into it because he was captain, it was basically a senior dickhead telling a rookie dickhead what to do.

I think they were both involved equally and as such should have the same punishments.
Being a bigger DH shouldn’t come into it here.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:11 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Haddin or Healy behind the stumps? Or do they both play?

Admin, please ban this guy!!!!!

We need some bowlers
Fleming at 10
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby David Brent » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:28 am

Warner has said he doesn't hold aspirations to lead Aus at all either C or VC. He really wants to be able to captain the Sydney Thunder and sign a long term deal with them when he retires from test cricket, which will most likely be after the India series early next year.

Cricket Australia wants the best in the Big Bash as its dwindling away, this independent review probably puts Warner's future in that comp in jeopardy so you can see why both Warner & CA are annoyed at this outcome of a "further review"
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:44 am

I'm a bit older than you blokes I reckon.

Greg Dyer for keeper.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:26 am

gadj1976 wrote:

I'm a bit older than you blokes I reckon.

Greg Dyer for keeper.

How's his debut, he came in for Fat Tim.

He was listed to bat at 9, the lowest I can ever recall for an Aussie keeper, John Emburey batted at 6 for the poms. England subsequently won the series 2-1.

Marsh
Boon
Jones
Border
Ritchie
Matthews
S.Waugh
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:30 am

Does Michael Clarke get a cap for his Lara Bingle era and then the ‘get ready for a broken arm’ phase.
whufc
Coach

Postby am Bays » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:55 am

whufc wrote:Does Michael Clarke get a cap for his Lara Bingle era and then the ‘get ready for a broken arm’ phase.

Oh Please, FMD
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:09 am

David Brent wrote:Warner has said he doesn't hold aspirations to lead Aus at all either C or VC. He really wants to be able to captain the Sydney Thunder and sign a long term deal with them when he retires from test cricket, which will most likely be after the India series early next year.

Cricket Australia wants the best in the Big Bash as its dwindling away, this independent review probably puts Warner's future in that comp in jeopardy so you can see why both Warner & CA are annoyed at this outcome of a "further review"

This

CA run cricket in this country, why even set up an independent review for this. Sit down with Davy, find out what his plans are and then make a decision.

the BBL isnt my favourite cricket competition but I get where it sits in the economics of Australian cricket. it's about bums on seats and tv ratings. CA should be doing everything to make it viable and if that includes letting Warner captain the thunder. Dont even get me started on not letting Smith play for the sixers last year when he was available.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby whufc » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:15 am

am Bays wrote:
whufc wrote:Does Michael Clarke get a cap for his Lara Bingle era and then the ‘get ready for a broken arm’ phase.

Oh Please, FMD

Not so much that incident but that era where they really started to blur the lines a bit which in hindsight was the catalyst for the behavioural standards under Smith.

Many people in higher places have said that it was the end of the Clarke era where shit started to go wrong

Even if we dismiss that part the whole not singing the team song when you captain to run off to a party on a yacht has to be nomination worthy.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket