Sooo.... what didya get?

Anything!

Re: Sooo.... what didya get?

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:25 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:Furthermore, I also got................
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy,
yay.
Life has changed instantly.

Red meat and beer on the banned list?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Furthermore, I also got................
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy,
yay.
Life has changed instantly.

Red meat and beer on the banned list?

Definitely not! I had an enlarged and hardened heart over 15 years ago due to an arrhythmia and besides going on medication it hasn't changed my lifestyle, the only thing I gave up was bundy and cola!
Basically just means he's on medication for the rest of his life and less likely to suffer a heart attack or stroke than others because of the medication and will have a yearly/2 yearly ECG to check on it once things settle down.
I can be Gazza's inspiration! :lol:
Geez, he stole one of my ex missus now he's stealing my medical conditions!
Get original Gazza! ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:23 pm

Yep, the good news is i can eat plenty of meat, chicken, pork, lamb & SEAFOOD!
Plus veggies, meh.
no sugar at all, no carbs, no rice, pasta, bread,
having no carbs is bloody tiring but something I'll have to get used to,
had an MRI done,
might need a pacemaker & even if they say I might not need one I reckon I'll ask for one anyway,
it's like a back-up generator!
I'm starting to like Hahn super Dry, no choice really,
oh well, could be much, much worse.

PS, Wedgie, you'd already discarded V when I stepped in and stirred your custard. :D :D :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:25 am

gazzamagoo wrote:Yep, the good news is i can eat plenty of meat, chicken, pork, lamb & SEAFOOD!
Plus veggies, meh.
had an MRI done,
might need a pacemaker & even if they say I might not need one I reckon I'll ask for one anyway,

PS, Wedgie, you'd already discarded V when I stepped in and stirred your custard. :D :D :D

Keep in mind you're trying to reduce carbs.....it wont be no carbs as carbs exists in pretty much all foods especially veggies.

Cauliflower rice will be your best friend. It's not the same but it works.

There is plenty of low carb breads these days. Can't say I've tried them, but they do exist. I've tried the low carb potatoes and they go alright, wouldn't notice the difference.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:26 am

whufc wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Yep, the good news is i can eat plenty of meat, chicken, pork, lamb & SEAFOOD!
Plus veggies, meh.
had an MRI done,

Keep in mind you're trying to reduce carbs.....it wont be no carbs as carbs exists in pretty much all foods especially veggies.

There is plenty of low carb breads these days. Can't say I've tried them, but they do exist. I've tried the low carb potatoes and they go alright, wouldn't notice the difference.

Had a cauliflower pizza in Robe, it was ok.
The initial shock of going almost no carb, combined with the nausea of the drugs, has passed.
It sucks this time of the year when everyone is eating & drinking whatever they like and I can't but I'm adapting :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:34 am

Wedgie wrote:Geez, he stole one of my ex missus now he's stealing my medical conditions!

Most disturbing post of 2023 is stitched up early.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:43 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Geez, he stole one of my ex missus now he's stealing my medical conditions!

Most disturbing post of 2023 is stitched up early.

Eating a cauliflower pizza has to be a close 2nd.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby MW » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:02 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:
Plus veggies, meh.
had an MRI done,

Had a cauliflower pizza in Robe, it was ok.
The initial shock of going almost no carb, combined with the nausea of the drugs, has passed.
It sucks this time of the year when everyone is eating & drinking whatever they like and I can't but I'm adapting :D

Hope you're ok mate. Doesn't sound ideal but very manageable.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:05 am

Thanks MW,
I might have to give up the netball, too much stress on the old ticker mightn't be any good for me :D :D

I'm a bit concerned though, I had an MRI done recently & the cardio has rung me and asked me to go and visit him tomorrow.
Might need a pacemaker methinks.
We will see.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby MW » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:19 am

gazzamagoo wrote:Thanks MW,
I might have to give up the netball, too much stress on the old ticker mightn't be any good for me :D :D

I'm a bit concerned though, I had an MRI done recently & the cardio has rung me and asked me to go and visit him tomorrow.
We will see.

:lol: yeah leave the netball stress alone mate!
Fingers crossed mate, but from what I hear pacemakers are relatively standard procedures these days. You'll be fine.
MW
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:05 am

MW wrote:

We will see.

Fingers crossed mate, but from what I hear pacemakers are relatively standard procedures these days. You'll be fine.

As predicted, heart is cactus, need a defibrilator fitted, plus early stages of chronic artery disease.
Big lifestyle changes now, oh well, could be worse hey!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:08 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
MW wrote:

We will see.

As predicted, heart is cactus, need a defibrilator fitted, plus early stages of chronic artery disease.

Absolutely, better you knowing about it than not!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:15 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
MW wrote:

We will see.

At least you got it before any major scare. Take care mate.
MW
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:06 pm

Yep, that's what the cardio said,
you hear about people dropping dead/dying in their sleep, this is why & doctors don't seem to tell people to get their heart checked but it seems that everyone should get at least an ECG done.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:12 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:Yep, that's what the cardio said,
you hear about people dropping dead/dying in their sleep, this is why & doctors don't seem to tell people to get their heart checked but it seems that everyone should get at least an ECG done.

That's interesting Gazz. Because of Shane Warne's passing and a few others, and listening to podcasts bemoaning 'go and get your heart checked if you are over 45/50' and as part of a normal yearly checkup, I went to the GP and asked about getting an ECG. He quickly said that unless there is a really good reason to do so, then I shouldn't bother.

When he checked my blood pressure, I was at about 180 over something, way too high. Even still, I wasn't sent off for an ECG. So I wonder how, why and when I'd qualify for one.

My blood pressure is under control now thanks to medication.

I hope your op goes well Gazz and you have a speedy recovery - but yes, give up the netball!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:27 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

That's interesting Gazz. Because of Shane Warne's passing and a few others, and listening to podcasts bemoaning 'go and get your heart checked if you are over 45/50' and as part of a normal yearly checkup, I went to the GP and asked about getting an ECG. He quickly said that unless there is a really good reason to do so, then I shouldn't bother.

When he checked my blood pressure, I was at about 180 over something, way too high. Even still, I wasn't sent off for an ECG. So I wonder how, why and when I'd qualify for one.

I hope your op goes well Gazz and you have a speedy recovery - but yes, give up the netball!

My BP was high too, meds have got that under control, Mum has been on them since her 30's so no surprise mine was high.

I get everything checked every 2 years since I turned 40, prostate ( the old fashioned way ) and bloods for cholesterol etc. Last time round I asked my GP to do an ECG and he was happy to do so to give me peace of mind that all the filters have been checked and the right nipples* lubed.
I just did a Tele-Health appointment as the follow up.

I'd encourage you to go back to your GP if you want one done.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:45 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

I'd go to another GP & insist that you want a heart health checkup, you can't do it later.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:15 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
MW wrote:

We will see.

Hopefully it will be smaller than the one on our changerooms wall or you'll look like Jayne Mansfield

Jokes aside, you get one life - time to concentrate on doing the best for your health - Good luck
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:37 pm

Thanks lads, yes, I am going back as a check for the blood pressure meds so I'll ask again.

Cheers
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:02 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

That's what my doc says when I ask him to stick his finger up my arse.

But I do have a good reason, so I insist. ;)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion