Australian International Season 2022/23

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian International Season 2022/23

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:02 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Now some players come out whinging about Justin Langer.

Just when CA were trying to push the narrative that the fans are falling in love with the team again the players do this... :lol: :lol:

Are they? Or is it the media letting out an insight into the 2nd series of ‘The Test’ that’s about to be released?

The players and the media got to see it on Monday
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:09 am

Radio commentators are “forced” to tell the Story of the game as we generally can’t see the game , TV commentators just tend to ramble as they need to fill up time.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:11 am

Brodlach wrote:Radio commentators are “forced” to tell the Story of the game as we generally can’t see the game , TV commentators just tend to ramble as they need to fill up time.

True. Richie was the best at it though. He could let the pictures tell the story and then add in just enough commentary as was required.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:17 am

Corona Man wrote:True. Richie was the best at it though. He could let the pictures tell the story and then add in just enough commentary as was required.

Yes! Didn't just talk for the sake of talking.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:34 am

The Bedge wrote:
Corona Man wrote:True. Richie was the best at it though. He could let the pictures tell the story and then add in just enough commentary as was required.

Yes! Didn't just talk for the sake of talking.

The TV execs these days would tell you thats boring and you have to talk 100% of the time for it to be entertaining to the "CaSUal vIEwER"
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 1435 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:51 am

Corona Man wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Radio commentators are “forced” to tell the Story of the game as we generally can’t see the game , TV commentators just tend to ramble as they need to fill up time.

True. Richie was the best at it though. He could let the pictures tell the story and then add in just enough commentary as was required.

Listening to Punter makes me feel like I’m fielding at 1st slip
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:32 am

How nice is it for Amazon Prime to release season 2 of “The Test” on my last day of annual leave?

Usman is now my favourite cricketer, the man is all class.

Although I don’t really like Warner I see that he has genuine love for his team mates success, he feels it as much as them, I have found some admiration for him.

I think I’ll watch the whole series today
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:29 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:How nice is it for Amazon Prime to release season 2 of “The Test” on my last day of annual leave?

Although I don’t really like Warner I see that he has genuine love for his team mates success, he feels it as much as them, I have found some admiration for him.

Looking forward to it, I'm glad you've seen the players in that kind of way.
I re-signed up to Amazon Prime this morning to watch it but once I logged in I couldn't get the first episode to work, some kind or error. Hopefully it works when I try again later!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:38 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:How nice is it for Amazon Prime to release season 2 of “The Test” on my last day of annual leave?

I re-signed up to Amazon Prime this morning to watch it but once I logged in I couldn't get the first episode to work, some kind or error. Hopefully it works when I try again later!

Absolutely, it’s great to see their personalities.

The is only 4 episodes so I’ve finished it already.

Marnus always sounds like he’s about to cry when he talks.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Absolutely, it’s great to see their personalities.

The is only 4 episodes so I’ve finished it already.

Marnus always sounds like he’s about to cry when he talks.
Just finished it, I liked seeing all the 'behind the scenes' footage from the changerooms over the three series within the four episodes.
Was nice to hear Head and Carey talk about their friendship and Khawaja talk about his background and family life.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:56 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Just finished it, I liked seeing all the 'behind the scenes' footage from the changerooms over the three series within the four episodes.
Was nice to hear Head and Carey talk about their friendship and Khawaja talk about his background and family life.

I couldn’t pick the pub they went to, how’s the emotion when they get out?
Usman has owned the whole the whole series
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:38 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Just finished it, I liked seeing all the 'behind the scenes' footage from the changerooms over the three series within the four episodes.

I couldn’t pick the pub they went to, how’s the emotion when they get out?
Usman has owned the whole the whole series
I showed my wife and she thought it was the Edinburgh at Mitcham.

Yep plenty of blow ups when they got out, just like local cricket haha, Smith's blow up when he was run out in Sri Lanka was a big one, loudly yelling out something along the lines of- 'just run you **** once he got into the changeroom (assuming he was referring to Khawaja).

I already knew they did but I loved how they showed the players always have a beer with each other after a test match and having beers during the team song after a win. This is something that has been accepted by the public/media and never hidden but in the AFL it's pretty much frowned apon and a big secret if the players do it or not.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:30 am

The Dark Knight wrote:I showed my wife and she thought it was the Edinburgh at Mitcham.

Yep plenty of blow ups when they got out, just like local cricket haha, Smith's blow up when he was run out in Sri Lanka was a big one, loudly yelling out something along the lines of- 'just run you **** once he got into the changeroom (assuming he was referring to Khawaja).

I already knew they did but I loved how they showed the players always have a beer with each other after a test match and have beers during the team song after a win. This is something that has been accepted by the public and never hidden but in the AFL it's pretty much frowned apon and a big secret if the players do it or not.

Yep, definitely the Edinburgh.

Yeah, he went off hey? Without seeing any part of Usman in the mix up I thought Smith was trying to take the attention off of the LBW appeal, I didn’t think there was a run there.

I like how they get on the piss too, I was surprised there wasn’t more on the all nighter in Tasmania.

I thought there would have be more about the T20 World Cup win and was also disappointed that we never got to hear them sing the song.

I found that they rushed through the games, could’ve easily had a heap more episodes, even though I knew the result it would’ve been better to add some drama to the games, they quite often went straight to the result.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:41 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:I showed my wife and she thought it was the Edinburgh at Mitcham.

I already knew they did but I loved how they showed the players always have a beer with each other after a test match and have beers during the team song after a win. This is something that has been accepted by the public and never hidden but in the AFL it's pretty much frowned apon and a big secret if the players do it or not.

Yep, definitely the Edinburgh.

Yeah, he went off hey? Without seeing any part of Usman in the mix up I thought Smith was trying to take the attention off of the LBW appeal, I didn’t think there was a run there.

I like how they get on the piss too, I was surprised there wasn’t more on the all nighter in Tasmania.

I thought there would have be more about the T20 World Cup win and was also disappointed that we never got to hear them sing the song.

I found that they rushed through the games, could’ve easily had a heap more episodes, even though I knew the result it would’ve been better to add some drama to the games, they quite often went straight to the result.

Yes the series could've easily been longer and therefore going into more detail showing more of what happened throughout the 10 test matches that the series followed.

I guess the series just follows the test team so it didn't show anything involving the white ball teams (including the T20 World Cup) and from what I gather the team song isn't supposed to be filmed or recorded as it's sacred to the test team.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:01 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Yes the series could've easily been longer and therefore going into more detail showing more of what happened throughout the 10 test matches that the series followed.

I guess the series just follows the test team so it didn't show anything involving the white ball teams (including the T20 World Cup) and from what I gather the team song isn't supposed to be filmed or recorded as it's sacred to the test team.

I guess it’s why it’s called “The Test”. There was a fair bit of coverage of the ODI series in the UK.

Langer is a very dry human being, always referring to the processes.

The scenes at Galle would’ve been surreal to witness as a touring team.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mal » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:57 am

Booney wrote:What am I missing with Kerry O'Keefe?

Why does Fox pump him up as the funniest bloke on the planet, I want to know who actually laughs at his jokes other than him and people paid to do so?

I reckon he is hillarious
He has a quick wit about him with his responses , almost Lightning Mcqeenesque
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1152 times
Been liked: 904 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:37 pm

The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:11 pm

Cricket awards didn’t have too many surprises, can’t believe that don’t allow joint winners.

It’s a batters world!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:15 pm

Steve Smith won his forth Allan Border Medal
Khawaja test player of the year
Warner ODI player of the year
Stionis T20 player of the year