Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:42 pm

Brodlach wrote:Stop one and the rest will get caught. Not sure if I could stop myself from intervening

Stop one and you're a chance to get stabbed by the rest.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Stop one and the rest will get caught. Not sure if I could stop myself from intervening

These blokes drink cruisers and ciders so there’s a fair chance they’ll scratch you or pull ya hair then stab you
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:53 pm

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, I reckon they'd shit themselves but I just don't know what I'd do in such a confronting situation.

I went and grabbed my 4 Sol long necks for $16 from there not long before it happened it seemed.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:54 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

These blokes drink cruisers and ciders so there’s a fair chance they’ll scratch you or pull ya hair then stab you

And their legs were shaved, they abandoned two of the trolleys.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:12 pm

One person stands up to them others will help
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:13 pm

Brodlach wrote:One person stands up to them others will help

I agree, too much to lose and nothing to gain IMO.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:16 pm

With the amount of people filming the robbery someone should have flicked their hoodies off to reveal their faces.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:22 pm

Booney wrote:

20 years ago I'm grabbing a trolley and getting involved and now, not just because I'm 20 years older but there's far greater risk associated with engaging these thugs, I'd be minding my own business.

Yeah 100% agree.

I'm tiny but had a severe case of small man syndrome in my early to mid 20's. Back then i wouldn't have been able to help myself.

15 years on im definitely staying out of it whilst trying to remember as many of the descriptions as possible.

50/50 these days as to whether you will get stabbed......not worth it to protect woolies product. If they started hurting women or children then its a different ball game.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:24 pm

They did, they knocked over a woman as they were leaving
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:26 pm

Brodlach wrote:They did, they knocked over a woman as they were leaving

I missed that bit in the footage i saw.

Not sure im risking getting stabbed for someone getting knocked over tbh especially if they were out the doors and everyone is now safe.

If there getting hit, punched, kicked, then im all in.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:27 pm

20 years ago a dude robbed a pharmacy of a few bottles of after shave, I was standing at the entrance of the plaza, and the pharmacist yelled out to me to stop him. I did and pulled him to the ground and pinned him until others helped hold him down.

Bring that situation today, I am stepping aside and holding the door open for him. Too risky for my health. Shops have insurance.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:32 pm

The problem with society now is that no one wants to help as it may impact their day and they’d prefer to watch/video it.
The thieving wankers know this and have no issues walking in and out after stealing.

Theft costs everybody in the long run
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:34 pm

MW wrote:20 years ago a dude robbed a pharmacy of a few bottles of after shave, I was standing at the entrance of the plaza, and the pharmacist yelled out to me to stop him. I did and pulled him to the ground and pinned him until others helped hold him down.

Bring that situation today, I am stepping aside and holding the door open for him. Too risky for my health. Shops have insurance.

You definitely have to assess the risk before stepping in but why is it any riskier 20 years later?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:37 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
MW wrote:20 years ago a dude robbed a pharmacy of a few bottles of after shave, I was standing at the entrance of the plaza, and the pharmacist yelled out to me to stop him. I did and pulled him to the ground and pinned him until others helped hold him down.

You definitely have to assess the risk before stepping in but why is it any riskier 20 years later?

Because between then and now, I am married, with kids, much older and not as strong as I used to be. Risk is way too high to myself and my family.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Dirty dog » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:59 pm

Staying in the Grand for a week and my toilet seat won’t stay up so literally have to sit down to take a Pi$$
Plenty to look at tho
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:09 pm

Dirty dog wrote:Staying in the Grand for a week and my toilet seat won’t stay up so literally have to sit down to take a Pi$$
Plenty to look at tho

grab a Glenelg membership while youre there....
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:51 pm

Internode

We've been with Internode for nearly 20 years.

They've started a new billing system up. Once I got a new plan mid to late last year, I had to move to the new billing system which meant a new username and password.

I haven't been able to get on line since.

In Nov, my credit card expired (mind you, the only thing that changes is the expiry date) I rang them twice as I couldn't update it online. I got a receipt for payment of the December account and updated my credit card details with them. In early Jan I got an SMS saying I was in arrears and that I'd be cut off if I didn't pay two months payment.

Yesterday, we got cut off.

Today, I ring up and after 45-50 minutes on line, speak to the manager who advises me that my credit card was updated but I was still cut off anyway AND my existing account - I'm in credit two months worth. On top of this, I had to be put through to sales because I became a new customer. On top of this, I then had to pay another month's payment to start the account up. They have no idea why I got disconnected (3pm on a Sunday) and no idea why the billing system is saying I'm in arrears and no idea where the money has gone but 'be sure, it will be in credit on your account when you log in'.

FFS.......
Last edited by gadj1976 on Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:55 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Internode

We've been with Internode for nearly 20 years.

They've started a new billing system up. Once I got a new plan mid to late last year, I had to move to the new billing system which meant a new username and password.

I haven't been able to get on line since.

In Nov, my credit card expired (mind you, the only thing that changes is the expiry date) I rang them twice as I couldn't update it online. I got a receipt for payment of the December account and updated my credit card details with them. In early Jan I got an SMS saying I was in arrears and that I'd be cut off if I didn't pay two months payment.

Yesterday, we got cut off.

Today, I ring up and after 45-50 minutes on line, speak to the manager who advises me that my credit card was updated but I was still cut off anyway AND I'm in credit two months worth. On top of this, I had to be put through to sales because I became a new customer. On top of this, I then had to pay another month's payment to start the account up. They have no idea why I got disconnected (3pm on a Sunday) and no idea why the billing system is saying I'm in arrears and no idea where the money has gone but 'be sure, it will be in credit on your account when you log in'.

FFS.......

Sounds like you need a new provider
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:22 pm

Been having some issues with my left eye since before Christmas.

Basically it been a bit weepy and I’ve had some blurry vision.

Yesterday I was watching my vets team play cricket. I was out with a crook bat. I helped out on the score book. As the day went on I was struggling at times to pick up players taking catches etc.

We got on the gas after the game, so I went to work bleary eyed and put down to the post game bevies.

Driving around today I noticed I could see much out of my left eye looking down.

Called in my optometrist on the way home. Described the problem and he said come straight through.

Diagnosis a partially detached retina. You need emergency surgery before it fully detaches. He said don’t drive as your vision is impaired.

Currently in a taxi heading the the ear and eye hospital. Going to be a long night I think!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:37 pm

Corona Man wrote:Been having some issues with my left eye since before Christmas.

Basically it been a bit weepy and I’ve had some blurry vision.

Yesterday I was watching my vets team play cricket. I was out with a crook bat. I helped out on the score book. As the day went on I was struggling at times to pick up players taking catches etc.

We got on the gas after the game, so I went to work bleary eyed and put down to the post game bevies.

Driving around today I noticed I could see much out of my left eye looking down.

Called in my optometrist on the way home. Described the problem and he said come straight through.

Diagnosis a partially detached retina. You need emergency surgery before it fully detaches. He said don’t drive as your vision is impaired.

Currently in a taxi heading the the ear and eye hospital. Going to be a long night I think!

All the best mate, the ole peepers are a couple of pretty handy assets to keep working.

Good luck, I’m sure the nurses will love it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion