Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:14 pm

caleb777 wrote:I dont think ive ever seen a season so disrupted by the rain!

Can anyone shed some light on the interesting situation that occurred at Lobethal yesterday in the A grade? Rather spicy post on the Lobethal FB page and ensuing discussion. Having played at Lobethal in the rain i know it can be a tad slippery however it did rain all day on that particular day.

From bits and pieces ive heard it sounded like the start was delayed by about an hour. Match then started when deemed safe to do so. It started raining again shortly after the start making the mats slippery for the bowlers . I'm guessing at that point the bowlers may have brought it to the attention of the umpire which is fair enough. I assume the umpire then made the decision to halt play until conditions improved? Fair enough.

Now at that point looking at the radar , it would suggest that the rain wouldn't hang around for long and play should have been able to resume once cleared and mats were dry enough.
From what i can gather, after waiting for 10 - 15 mins the Lobey Captain went up to the Creek Captain and basically suggested lets call it a day, shook hands and that was it.

With a Panel umpire there i would have thought that it was their decision when the game could be called off but under the circumstances if both captains agreed why would you enforce them to stay around and play ?

Im guessing this would have been between 2.00 and 2.30 which is very early to call it. Obviously not long after the rain stopped and in hindsight the game could have gone ahead but it had already been called off.

All very weird by the sounds of it :?

Whats more weird is of reports so far this season of some games being played in atrociously wet conditions including some with panel umpires in charge ! Thats the concern, the MASSIVE variation in the thoughts of umpires as to what conditions are appropriate to play in and what is not.
It has to be far more consistent to be fair for all teams.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby caleb777 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:43 pm

jackpot jim wrote:

Can anyone shed some light on the interesting situation that occurred at Lobethal yesterday in the A grade? Rather spicy post on the Lobethal FB page and ensuing discussion. Having played at Lobethal in the rain i know it can be a tad slippery however it did rain all day on that particular day.

From bits and pieces ive heard it sounded like the start was delayed by about an hour. Match then started when deemed safe to do so. It started raining again shortly after the start making the mats slippery for the bowlers . I'm guessing at that point the bowlers may have brought it to the attention of the umpire which is fair enough. I assume the umpire then made the decision to halt play until conditions improved? Fair enough.

Now at that point looking at the radar , it would suggest that the rain wouldn't hang around for long and play should have been able to resume once cleared and mats were dry enough.
From what i can gather, after waiting for 10 - 15 mins the Lobey Captain went up to the Creek Captain and basically suggested lets call it a day, shook hands and that was it.

With a Panel umpire there i would have thought that it was their decision when the game could be called off but under the circumstances if both captains agreed why would you enforce them to stay around and play ?

Im guessing this would have been between 2.00 and 2.30 which is very early to call it. Obviously not long after the rain stopped and in hindsight the game could have gone ahead but it had already been called off.

All very weird by the sounds of it :?

Whats more weird is of reports so far this season of some games being played in atrociously wet conditions including some with panel umpires in charge ! Thats the concern, the MASSIVE variation in the thoughts of umpires as to what conditions are appropriate to play in and what is not.
It has to be far more consistent to be fair for all teams

If that bit about Mitch Weeks offering to call it a day is true thats genuinely bizarre. No disrespect to the young fellas in the a side but a Creek side without Dugga or Dawson is a totally different kettle of fish. Its these games before christmas that really can count massive at the back end of the season. For Lobey just to walk away and pass up a potential win so early is just crazy.

Absolutely agree there needs to be a clearer expectation on what conditions are okay to play. Going to be tough to find clarity given the varying conditions that exist in regards to pitch type even amongst hard wickets.
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Barkeroo » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:30 pm

Yeah strange one that. Can't comment on the condition of the oval but where we were at Hahndorf it was raining when we got there and the concrete bits that were part of the run ups were a little slippery but as soon as that sun came not long after we started everything was bone dry the rest of the day.
Hahndorf Oval is in great knick this year compared to last year which is a credit to HCC.

They played at Lenswood this week so surely Lobey can't have been that bad haha
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby saintal » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:53 am

TVCA ladder at the xmas break..

Cambrai 65 points (6 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss). Yet to put their best 11 on the park. Will be the team to beat come March but can they overcome their finals hoodoo?
Gumeracha 50 (4-2-2). Lacking the depth of previous campaigns but they know how to win and their experienced guys keep delivering
Lenswood Ranges 45 (3-3-2). Showed what they’re capable of with comfortable win against Cambrai. Better depth with the bat this season
Palmer 30 (2-2-3). Tricky to assess. Feel like they could beat anybody, and lose to anybody.
Paracombe 30 (2-2-4). Have won their past couple after slow start to season. Light on for bowling but remain competitive
Eden Valley 30 (2-2-4). Would be disappointed with their season on the back of a GF appearance last season. Struggling with the bat.
Birdwood 20 (1-2-4). Early season form seems to have dropped off. Have the best young bowler in the comp but thin with the bat.

It’s been a season where teams have rarely gotten their best 11 on the park for numerous reasons (certainly at Lenswood we’ve had 2-3 missing most weeks), coupled with the lack of continuity due to rain and byes, it’s been an unusual season to assess where clubs are at.

In the B’s Paracombe, Cambrai and Eden Valley will play finals. Gumeracha have only fielded a team on 3 occasions but have won those matches to sit in 4th, while Birdwood, Palmer and Lenswood are a fair way off the pace.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby jackpot jim » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:29 pm

Post Christmas / New Year Cricket resumes tomorrow in A&EHCA in forecast HOT & DRY conditions in stark contrast to the early stages of the season played in the cold and wet on heavy grounds.
The ladder sees the 2 pre season favorites in Lobethal and L Creek occupy the top 2 positions with L Creek surprisingly unbeaten so far. Thats unlikely to remain going forward one suspects with Bucks Shows, Weddings and other distractions that will continually see them play with under strength teams.
On form the 2 Tiger teams would be the likely Grand Finalists tho the Creeks have plenty to prove having been knocked out in straight sets the last 2 seasons :oops:
Lobey havent been firing on all cylinders but are still positioned nicely to grab a double chance
Nairne are currently 3rd and tho having lost a few key players from last season still remain in the mix under the radar.
Macclesfield sitting 4th is a great result for the comp and are now starting to believe they can match it with anyone and their competitive losses last season are now being turned into wins.
Strath are 5th and unless things drastically turn around with the bottom 3 teams are the only team currently outside the 4 that are a genuine chance of playing finals. Having not won a flag for 25 years the pressure continues to mount on Strath and whilst theyd be considered a bit of an outsider for the flag they're definitely a top 4 team which from there anything can happen
Must be noted that Strath have a very favorable draw for the rest of the season so it's in their hands.
Of the others Woodside are the major surprise and disappointment languishing in 2nd last position with only 2 wins :o
Hahndorf are in a rebuilding phase and are winless tho have been a lot more competitive recently.
Bremer Callington continue to frustrate their legion of supporters currently sitting 6th and within touch of the top 4 but whilst they always seem to pull off an upset or 2 each season to send a notice to the rest of the comp they then cant back it up.

Tips for Rd 11
Lobey too strong for Woodside
Strath to get over Bremer Cally. B/C desperately need the Win here to stay in contention or they're gone imo.
Nairne tho 3rd on the table are still vulnerable and need to tick off wins against lower ranked teams to remain a top 4 contender. They should account for the winless Hahndorf
Creeks host the ever improving Maccy Redbacks. Creeks are obvious favorites and expected to get the job done tho they wouldn't want to have a repeat of their batting collapse like earlier in the season when they fell in chasing only 83

What impact will the AFLs Garbage round on Apriil 15th have on cricket? I've heard a rumor that the Summit Oval will be off limits for cricket from Mid February :roll: :roll: Wonder what sort of compensation the association are entitled to receive for the inconvenience considering they have a lease on the facility to the end of MARCH ?
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby saintal » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:22 am

AEHCA to play the HCA in Thursday’s Meyer Shield Final at Encounter Bay Oval.

Saturday saw HCA beat the hosts GSCA by 3 wickets in the dying overs. KICA won for the first time in many years, chasing down TVCA’s 7/207 with a couple of overs to spare, while AEHCA thumped MTCA by 93 runs.

Sunday had AEHCA tearing through TVCA for an embarrassing 51 before losing 5 wickets in a brief chase, HCA finished 135 runs ahead of KICA, and MTCA beat the hosts by 21 runs in the only close match.

TVCA had an extremely young side, one that was well short of it’s strongest. Only 4 of the top 20 runs scorers for the season, and 3 of the top 20 wicket takers put their hand up to play, which was disappointing. On a personal note it was nice to play a rare game on turf.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:40 am

I see A Grade district gun Corey Kelly played for Nairne on the weekend hitting 100 off 30 balls.

Was meant to play his annual game for Burra on Saturday until they recieved a 10:30am forfeit win. Ended up finishing the day playing in this hills with a brilliant innings by the looks of it.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:00 pm

whufc wrote:I see A Grade district gun Corey Kelly played for Nairne on the weekend hitting 100 off 30 balls.

Was meant to play his annual game for Burra on Saturday until they recieved a 10:30am forfeit win. Ended up finishing the day playing in this hills with a brilliant innings by the looks of it.

Played in A2s as ALL the A Grade teams had a week off for the Meyer Shield.
Odd thing was that there was a Presidential directive from the A&EHCA that precluded teams from dropping A grade standard players back to their lower grades for the weekend but there was nothing to stop an A Grade Premier League player dropping back.
Chasing Wistows 7/128 (40) Nairne chased it down in 14.3 overs without loss with Kelly making 108* off 38 balls with 10 sixes and 11 fours.

Nairne technically didnt do the wrong thing but surely Clubs have the responsibility to do what's morally right
And that's probably not playing A Grade Premier League cricketers in A2s in a country comp
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:08 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
whufc wrote:I see A Grade district gun Corey Kelly played for Nairne on the weekend hitting 100 off 30 balls.

Played in A2s as ALL the A Grade teams had a week off for the Meyer Shield.
Odd thing was that there was a Presidential directive from the A&EHCA that precluded teams from dropping A grade standard players back to their lower grades for the weekend but there was nothing to stop an A Grade Premier League player dropping back.
Chasing Wistows 7/128 (40) Nairne chased it down in 14.3 overs without loss with Kelly making 108* off 38 balls with 10 sixes and 11 fours.

Nairne technically didnt do the wrong thing but surely Clubs have the responsibility to do what's morally right
And that's probably not playing A Grade Premier League cricketers in A2s in a country comp

Yeah, fair shout...didn't realise it was A2. No rule breaking but against the spirit of the rules.

My club and the Burra boys often catch up for Saturday night drinks and they just mentioned CK played.

A couple of years ago Burra would play both the Kelly brothers in the first game back from Christmas. if you got drawn them for that game you were spewing.

In fairness though Corey never steamed in too much just enough to have you shitting yourself.
whufc
Coach

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:33 pm

Has been pointed out to me that Nairne may well have contravened the by laws by playing Kelly and the Association has been queried about it.
Be interesting to see what the outcome is
From what i've heard it's a pretty clear cut breach
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Minimum Chips » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:52 am

jackpot jim wrote:Has been pointed out to me that Nairne may well have contravened the by laws by playing Kelly and the Association has been queried about it.

Could they have played him to qualify for some other comp? Hasn't he (along with quite a few other Premier Cricket players) been playing in the T20 comp?
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:11 am

Minimum Chips wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:Has been pointed out to me that Nairne may well have contravened the by laws by playing Kelly and the Association has been queried about it.

Could they have played him to qualify for some other comp? Hasn't he (along with quite a few other Premier Cricket players) been playing in the T20 comp?

Dont think that was the intention because he was named for Burra right up until they were forfeited against.
whufc
Coach

Postby saintal » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:06 pm

Will be interesting to see if anything comes of the Nairne situation. In TVCA there's a bylaw that says anybody returning from Premier Cricket to play for their home club during a bye must play in that club's top grade.

Was frustrating last season in TVCA as the club that had the A Grade bye would always play one of our two B Grade sides. So most weeks you’d have 1-2 A Grade standard guys playing B’s as they missed the previous A Grade fixture. And more often than not they’d dominate.

Unfortunately lower grades are always going to be sprinkled with guys who should be playing a higher standard of cricket, but for whatever reason aren’t. ie a mate of mine smacked 91 from 27 in AEHCA C’s on Saturday, a misuse of talent really. Admittedly he only plays occasionally with his son, but still..
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:13 pm

whufc wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:

Dont think that was the intention because he was named for Burra right up until they were forfeited against.

Basically for any players that have been playing A or B Grade in Premier Cricket to play in A&EHCA, that player must have been registered with the Club BEFORE the start of the season to come back and play for them. Barring that would need a permit.
Seems neither of those may have happened ?
And the fact that Kelly was gonna play for Burra i assume he's registered to them so how could he then play for Nairne ?
He';s played for Nairne in their T20s under a New "Marquee" player by law that was brought in at the last minute which i dont think you need to be registered with the Club?
It seems that with the Introduction of PlayHQ and things like Marquee players not being required being cleared and registered etc that some clubs and associations have just thrown their hands in the air and given up with the process of trying to track players with many examples of players pointed out to me that have switched clubs and associations mid season with no clearances administered.
Seems like it's become a shit show of sorts :roll:
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:16 pm

Our league is really lose with registrations, they would just if they don't register him properly he can't qualify for finals.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:21 pm

whufc wrote:Our league is really lose with registrations, they would just if they don't register him properly he can't qualify for finals.

Huh? English please.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:35 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Our league is really lose with registrations, they would just if they don't register him properly he can't qualify for finals.

Huh? English please.

Yeah, I thought I was doing well with my whuffernese but even I can't decipher that one.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:08 pm

Nairne A2s officially Disqualified for playing Corey Kelly against Wistow
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Huh? English please.

Yeah, I thought I was doing well with my whuffernese but even I can't decipher that one.

Sorry predicted text on my phone whilst at work.....

Our league is really lose with registrations, they just figure if they don't register players properly, they won't be qualified for finals anyway.

At some stage in our league all teams will use some Adelaide based players.
whufc
Coach

Postby Barkeroo » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:59 am

jackpot jim wrote:Nairne A2s officially Disqualified for playing Corey Kelly against Wistow

Good!
Even if something like that was within the rules I surely looks really bad bringing someone from that far up down for an A2s game.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps